Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Freebies Wednesday 8th Jan

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 52 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2014 17:21:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jan 2014 17:47:02 GMT
Michelle says:
Hi Freda, i'm in one of the groups on goodreads and it isn't too complicated once you know what to do. We're on a tiny corner of the site so you don't have to venture far into the main site. If you're on goodreads pm,( ie send a personal message via the site, we can explain how here if you like) someone like frenchie or elaine or john jmw whose ids are easy to find and they can guide you to the book club group. Then it's just a question of clicking on discussions in that group in the same way you do here. You don't have to read tons of books to join, although there are group discussions monthly.

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 19:20:10 GMT
Manxie1954 says:
Magic Sky Daddy 326 pages
When the Department of Labor finds his mother a job as a janitor on a star freighter, Anton is thrilled to leave behind the goons and gangsters who terrorize his old neighborhood.

The Impossible Search for the Perfect Man 308 pages
Imagine for a moment, your husband leaves you. Then through a bizarre twist of events, you find yourself working with the girl he's left you for - and even worse, she's pregnant...

Tony Partly Cloudy 398 pages
A fish-out-of-water story in the style of My Cousin Vinny or Analyze This, TONY PARTLY CLOUDY is the tale of a Mafia goon who becomes a famous TV weatherman.

Magic All Around 312 pages
Meet Vivian Marshall, an introverted artist from Juneau, Alaska. Painting, cooking, hot baths and quiet evenings make Vivian happy. Neighbors with poor boundaries, her mums' coven-style living arrangement and dogs make her unhappy.

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 19:30:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jan 2014 19:32:53 GMT
Elaine4Wales says:
Hi Freda, it would be great to have you on board and I'm sure you would really enjoy the group. My name is the same on GR's as here, so just do a member search to find me and if you want to join the group, I can send you an invite with a clickable link, it's that easy. No pressure of course, but you would be most welcome should you decide to join :) x

P.S. - There are no voting buttons on GR's, that's something that pleases us all - lol :)

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 21:36:54 GMT
Elaine4Wales says:
These two look good, both by the same Author and both psychological thrillers.

MALICIOUS

Stark Warning

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 21:58:56 GMT
Elaine4Wales says:
Stalking Sapphire: A Thriller - Crime/Thriller/Mystery

Dead on Arrival - Murder/Mystery

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 01:10:33 GMT
Hi Elaine
I have just been on goodreads & registered via Zon ID. Found you & have sent a friend request ...is that right ?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 10:18:06 GMT
Elaine4Wales says:
Hiya Freda,

I've approved your friend request and sent you a group invite now. I'm so pleased that you are going to join us and I'm sure you will enjoy our friendly group. If you're not sure about anything, let me know and I'll try and help as much as I can. If I'm not around, then quite a few people who post on this thread are also members, so someone will be able to give you an answer :) x

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 18:42:32 GMT
pixie says:
No one left elaine...sadly!xx

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 18:52:40 GMT
K. A. Newton says:
Just me Pixie - and Brian.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 18:55:15 GMT
Michelle says:
and Eric....

Posted on 9 Jan 2014 19:11:18 GMT
K. A. Newton says:
Any advance on Eric

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 21:36:15 GMT
pixie says:
and me *waving* x

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 23:05:32 GMT
I'll meet you on Eric...and raise you a Miss Annie! ;o>

Posted on 9 Jan 2014 23:18:19 GMT
yes me! Suzy which one is you again?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2014 00:06:26 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2014 11:24:20 GMT
Elaine4Wales says:
I know Pix, it is sad. This was a thriving forum when I first started posting, but the nastiness and people bearing grudges who were intent on point scoring, became too much for me. I still sometimes post on this thread and the price drops thread, but rarely venture away from those threads.

P.S. - You are welcome to join the book club group if you wish :)

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 16:49:33 GMT
I've really enjoyed this forum and am sorry it is no longer going along in the spirit it was initially intended to.

Posted on 11 Jan 2014 07:26:35 GMT
Lesley says:
I used to love this forum too but there's too many nasty people on here now.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2014 12:21:48 GMT
Tweedledum says:
Hi Freda, I am on goodreads too and love it.

Posted on 29 Jan 2014 09:01:41 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 30 Jan 2014 08:03:42 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2014 09:08:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jan 2014 09:37:36 GMT
Michelle says:
Not entirely sure why you are subjecting yourself to this again. Are you not able to read the posts many people have told you about at least six times before saying don't self promote your own books but use the meet our author forum? Are you looking to get more bad reviews for the drivel like you did last time? Suggest you delete before Amazon delete you.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2014 09:15:31 GMT
Damaskcat says:
Perhaps you'd better read this before you promote your book again in this forum:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3IRFCNF3E5K2W&cdThread=Tx2SPDL6HROWTCB

Posted on 29 Jan 2014 09:28:11 GMT
(*giggles*)...Sorry Tom, but it's true - you are starting to look like a writer who can't actually read?!! ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2014 09:33:56 GMT
Michelle says:
Or err, write. The book is truly bad. Use the look inside option and if you get as far as page three then you are braver than me. I did read some of the book on my kindle but it's a chunk of my life I am never getting back so I wouldn't recommend others do it!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2014 09:44:18 GMT
Ohhh dear?...that's a real shame.

I did sort of wonder when I read the quote that he included from Tricia Wastvedt.
Maybe it's just me? - but if I am out and about with any girlfriends and we say, "Oooh look at that lady over there in that outfit how 'distinctive and original' she looks", it is more often than not just a very polite way of actually saying "What the Hell is she wearing?! and in public!"....LOL!!! ;o>
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  8 Jan 2014
Latest post:  30 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions