Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Freebies Sunday 1st December 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Dec 2013 08:00:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Dec 2013 08:31:40 GMT
Tweedledum says:
The Mystery on the Miniature Railway
Daisy's mum posted this yesterday and it's still free. If you live in Kent, England or have ever been on holiday and gone on the Dymchurch, Romney and Hythe little railway you may really appreciate this story which opens with a nuclear scientist being abducted from a miniature railway as he heads off for an important meeting at a nuclear power station. I started reading it yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying it.
Nostalgia meets mystery in the Marsh!
The book is clearly in part a tribute to
http://www.rhdr.org.uk
Check it out if you don't know anything about it.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 08:42:40 GMT
Joy B says:
Christmas Pony, The

The Italian Affair

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 10:33:19 GMT
Thanks Joy, just taken the christmas pony.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 12:18:44 GMT
Hello all, one from my wish list today:

Un.Requited (Claimed Series #1)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2013 12:40:37 GMT
littlenanny says:
Me too, thanks

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 13:10:56 GMT
Shadow of a Ghost ... time, truth & the Titanic
When Patricia's mother sailed for America she left her baby behind in Ireland with her grandmother. Fourteen years later, and Pat is on route to America to meet the mother she's never known. It is 1912, and the ship Pat travels on is the Titanic.
Just why has her beloved granny Edith sent her away? And why did her mother leave her? The earthly Pat will never know, and it is left to her ghost to travel back in time and find the answers.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 13:34:36 GMT
Alice, The Enigma - A Biography of Queen Victoria's Daughter
Of all Queen Victoria's nine children, none was more intriguing than her second daughter, Alice. The contradictions in her personality are so striking that, while she has often been overshadowed by her more illustrious brother, King Edward VII, and her brilliant sister, the German Empress Frederick, she remains to this day an enigma, the depths of whose character are virtually impossible to penetrate. By the time of her premature death at the age of only thirty-five, Alice had lived through two wars, had lost two of her children, and had exhausted herself in her devotion to duty to the extent that she suffered from disillusionment almost to the point of despair. Nonetheless, in the final tragic weeks of her life, she met unimaginable grief with courage and serenity, and her last words demonstrated her ultimate redemption and the beautiful restoration of all she had loved and lost.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 13:50:50 GMT
Little Egret says:
From Prince Mikhail of Chernigov to Stalin: Essays on Russian History and Film by Ken Zimmerman jr
Collected essays

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 14:29:56 GMT
Silverlady says:
Mud Season
Hazel Dell has bought her dream farm in the Willamette Valley, complete with a barn that's over a hundred years old and a wild Pacific Northwest river. New Neighbors... And her new neighbors? Perfect...except for the nearby widow who threatens Hazel, a town that only sees her when she's about to embarrass herself and, worst of all, the vile ex-husband David Pak owns the vineyard next door.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 14:33:52 GMT
Silverlady says:
The Captain of Her Heart (Buchanan Saga, Volume I) Historical romance
The year is 1777. As the brooding mists of war settle over a stark American battlefield, Captain Ritcherd Buchanan yearns for his native England-and for Kyrah Payne, the woman he loves. Wounded and disheartened, he eventually returns home, only to have Kyrah torn cruelly away from him and deported for a crime she didn't commit.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2013 17:17:52 GMT
tangerina says:
For ages I have been meaning to thank you, Little Egret, for the interesting and unusual choices you post on this forum, especially the historical works. I have picked up quite a few I would not have come across by myself, but until now I have been too lazy to thank you. So a big thank you now for past and recent posts!

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 17:48:15 GMT
Little Egret says:
Glad to be useful.

It all started on the Baen's Bar forum for Tom Kratman who writes Mil SF and similar action adventures. I came across a Military History freebie which seemed unusual and posted it there and was thanked. Since it came from Stackpole Books I started checking and posting there and here.

Here's a freebie, the first in a series.

A Desert Called Peace (Carrera) by Tom Kratman

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2013 22:32:46 GMT
tangerina says:
Thanks, Little Egret, that looks quite unusual, have taken it.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2013 23:15:48 GMT
Puzzler says:
Many thanks Tweedle. Visited here too many years ago, so will be nice to revisit.

Posted on 2 Dec 2013 10:50:43 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 2 Dec 2013 10:51:18 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
242 22 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
185 26 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
359 27 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
58 3 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
545 8 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1016 1 day ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
87 10 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
101 25 Apr 2014
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
Never Ending Story Septem 2373 4 minutes ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  1 Dec 2013
Latest post:  2 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions