Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

What time do Royal Mail deliver up to in the evening.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Sep 2010 16:34:23 BDT
K. Davis says:
Okay I know I maybe dreaming here but I had secretly hoped that when my Kindle despatched last night at about 7.30pm a miracle would take place and it would be waiting for me on my doorstep.

How late do Royal Mail deliver - it is on SSD

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 16:50:54 BDT
where we live if it's after 1(pm) then they dont come!

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 16:53:40 BDT
The Royal mail normally deliver by 1PM in city and large town centers. In outlying areas it can be as late as 3PM.

SSD deliveries usually take 2-5 working days.

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 16:59:59 BDT
J. H says:
Royal mail SSD orders are sent 2nd class, but many people have got SSD deliveies on the next day, it just should not be counted on.

They certainly wont still be delivering this time of day.

X

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2010 17:11:24 BDT
Victoria says:
My Mum's only arrived about half an hour ago - where she is, there's a separate 'parcel post' in a Royal Mail van that tends to come in the afternoon, separate from the 'letter post' which comes by walking postman earlier in the day. Where I am, everything tends to come at once, around lunchtime. Just depends on your area.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2010 17:42:36 BDT
Same here, Victoria - and I live in a city. The Royal Mail van can come at any time for the day.

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 21:39:59 BDT
K. Davis says:
It didn't arrive sob. Also I haven't received my manual either.

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 22:36:13 BDT
Submariner says:
I supposed we should be grateful they deliver anything at all, the idle feckless thieving Soviet-era throwbacks.

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 23:29:26 BDT
Astra says:
Mine was 4-15pm ! Almost gave up on it !! Do believe it can be up to 6-00 or 8-00pm in some places

Posted on 24 Sep 2010 00:24:53 BDT
B. J. Frost says:
Should have done for super saver delivery - HDN delivered it next day.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2010 01:15:27 BDT
The Kindle documentation is at
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_krec_docs?nodeId=200317150
if that helps.

Posted on 24 Sep 2010 02:19:36 BDT
@ Mr. A Jenkinson - that link does not work for me! Nice pic of a dog on it though!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2010 07:23:46 BDT
SpooRancher says:
Where I live Royal Mail treat 1st class the same as 2nd, and rarely deliver anything in less than 4 or 5 working days.

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 18:37:42 BDT
Amazon dispatched gta5 on friday and they said its being carried by the Royal mail. i live in south london . any idea when it will get here???

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 20:08:01 BDT
Denis Powell says:
If there's no tracking number on the dispatch email it may be delivered by the regular post with your letters. If it's a van delivery it often depends on how many parcels have to be delivered by as I live just over a mile from the sorting office I usually get my parcels delivered very early.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 20:35:56 BDT
Sharon4 says:
That's interesting, because I live about two minutes walk away from our local sorting office, but parcel deliveries are more likely to be PM than AM, especially during the week. Hubby has a theory that the drivers got to the outside of their route and work inwards to save petrol costs. At least, if we miss a delivery, it's no trouble to pop round the corner and collect the parcel ourselves.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 20:43:22 BDT
Denis Powell says:
As I live in a valley, just south of the sorting office and there are very few houses to the north, that could be the reason they arrive here early, but generally speaking most Amazon parcels arrive with the letters any time between 11 am and 2 pm. Only a few years ago it used to be between 8:15 and 8:30.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2013 16:32:51 BDT
Amazon emailed me yesterday to say gta5 has been dispatched. It's still hasn't arrived at 4.30pm. According to amazon Royal Mail deliver up to 7pm in London..... However I'm not very confident it will arrive today.... Makes me so angry!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2013 16:34:10 BDT
Damaskcat says:
Tell Amazon then - you may find they offer you some compensation - especially if you paid for next day delivery!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2013 18:39:42 BDT
Sames Got an e-mail to say that it's been dispatched yesterday an still haven't got it !! E-mailed Amazon an they said it they could deliver up to 9 p.m. Can't see me getting it today either !! Not happy :(

Posted on 14 Dec 2013 17:36:52 GMT
C. E. Wright says:
I paid for delivery up until 1:30pm.. It's now 17:34 and nothing. Royal Mail claim they've attempted delivery which is a lie as I've been home all day and no card posted through my door.. So I haven't got my parcel- nor have the means to pick it up from the sorting office as no card! Soooo.. What do they expect me to do??!! Fuming right now as that's my daughters xmas present!!!!!!

Posted on 15 Dec 2013 05:27:16 GMT
Vixie says:
I usually get post at around 2- half 2. I live in the centre of town right near the sorting office. Thet go to the outskirts and make their way in, so i'm usually one of the last places to receive post. I was waiting for a tracked ipad to arrive today. Sure enough, half 2 it arrives. I have on occasion received parcels early morning if theyve been on a van.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2013 08:24:24 GMT
Ethereal says:
If they've 'attempted delivery' they obviously have a record of it but won't know until it's back in the sorting office when it could be collected or sent out again, so I'd try calling again today to find out.
Did you check your blue bin? Sometimes parcels have been left in mine, and sometimes I've been in but haven't heard the door being knocked or the doorbell ran out of battery or there was a fierce dog preventing entry to the drive (we don't have one)! And sometimes, of course, they lie ... at any rate, there's still plenty of time before xmas unless you have to post the parcel on again, and once it's sorted you could write a letter of complaint if you're still not happy.

Posted on 15 Dec 2013 08:42:22 GMT
Clagg says:
At which point the Royal Mail will point out that they always try to deliver and never just drive by without attempting. It isn't as if some folk destroy the delivery card to try and force RM to re-deliver!

Brother in Law worked for RM in the depot and has done one or two shifts on the helpdesk and deliveries. "Never again" I think the answer was. He's happy in the depot! Customers are rude, dismissive and blame you for not delivering when they do attempt. A few customers actually expect posties to know that they were just popping to the shop or that they were in the garden so should have rung the doorbell more times! Some even expect the postie to wait for them to get back!!

There's nothing more vociferous than a customer who didn't get a delivery, yet a large percentage of the time it is their fault!

Some parcel posties have taken to wearing video cameras to prove where they go and that they post an attempted delivery card to avoid verbal or written warnings from their managers.

Posted on 15 Dec 2013 08:56:27 GMT
Princess says:
I know someone who works for a delivery company and he says it's common practice to mark as "has attempted delivery" to fulfil their contract. If there is no card then do delivery has been attempted.

I remember taking a day off work to receive a delivery and was in all day. I noticed the website had updated to say attempted delivery but no card left. I spoke to Amazon who contacted the courier and they even described "my door" and said a card was left. The description was wrong. After insisting this was resolved the item was delivered and driver admitted that too much was on his van to deliver all the guaranteed deliveries.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
83 8 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
118 7 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
334 24 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
56 18 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
506 3 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1001 16 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
81 18 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
99 28 Dec 2013
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
freebies Saturday 19th April 11 8 minutes ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xac509eac)

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  23 Sep 2010
Latest post:  15 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions