Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

miss a real pageturner ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Apr 2012 16:17:06 BDT
R. beard says:
i love my kindle which was a birthday gift , and im sure it will be a real advantage on my hols when i will do alot of reading . I know this sounds silly but does anyone else kind of miss the feel of a real book ? I dont know if i'v just bought the wrong books since i got my kindle but i dont seem to get so absorbed in the book since i was using it !

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 16:35:23 BDT
Denis Powell says:
In my first year with an eReader I got through more ebooks than I had paper books in the previous 30. It goes everywhere with me now, and I've read over 700 ebooks in the last 3 years.

Posted on 17 Apr 2012 17:05:58 BDT
few words says:
I bought my Kindle just before going on hols last year so read loads on it. I always thought I would miss a paperbook but I can honestly say that I prefer the kindle for most books.
A few weeks ago I was reading a paperbook that I had had for a while and started pressing the side of the book waiting for the page to turn.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 17:23:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Apr 2012 17:23:19 BDT
Damaskcat says:
No I don't miss the feel of a paper book at all. I do still read paper books but I much prefer the Kindle because I can change the font size to suit me and because it is easier to hold than a paper book. I find I get more absorbed in a book when reading on the Kindle because there aren't the distractions of having to change position or move the book because there's a shadow on it and I can't read the words near the spine of the book. So having thought I might miss paper books I find I don't.

Posted on 17 Apr 2012 17:28:11 BDT
Nope I buy the book because I love the story not because I have a paper fetish!! I find that I'm the other way now, if I have to read a *gag* tree book I don't like it, the print seems to small and dull and no matter how hard I press the side the pages don't turn!

Posted on 17 Apr 2012 17:32:53 BDT
Pink Lady says:
Nope, much prefer the kindle. Get just as absorbed if not more.
I have had my kindle one year now and have not read any tree books, I bought one as a back up last time I went on holiday due to some people saying there kindles were playing up after going through security x ray machines at the airport but never had to use it.

Posted on 17 Apr 2012 17:47:10 BDT
Oracle says:
I have never liked turning pages on tree books. Takes too long and not easy if you have to do it one-handed!

Posted on 17 Apr 2012 18:01:51 BDT
So much to do with the other hand!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 20:09:50 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Aug 2012 15:43:47 BDT]

Posted on 17 Apr 2012 20:13:06 BDT
L Brasi says:
At the beginning with my KK, I used to find myself reaching up to the right hand corner as a page turn approached if I was engrossed in the story!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 20:31:10 BDT
Nan says:
I also had a Kindle recently as a birthday present, at first it didn't feel like I was reading a real book. But now I am getting to know my Kindle and what it can do, I love it, and take it ever where with me.

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 01:43:26 BDT
Knightmare says:
I also used to reach up to the top right hand corner of my Kindle to try and turn the page. Nowadays I can't read treebooks because I keep trying to scroll down to words that I want to look up, or trying to press a button to turn the page. I really thought I would miss paperbacks but I don't at all.

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 01:45:50 BDT
Isabella says:
And isn't it great not to have to keep changing hands because keeping the book open makes them ache?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
83 7 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
118 7 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
334 24 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
56 18 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
506 3 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1001 16 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
81 18 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
99 28 Dec 2013
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
removing books from device 2 11 minutes ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  17 Apr 2012
Latest post:  18 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions