Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

email on Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 107 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 12:36:27 GMT
C&J Polok says:
Stratocasterman i have mine working you just set it up the way you would for pc,with talktalk too.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 12:41:36 GMT
C&J Polok says:
you want to go to the pop3 tab not imap,i had this prob too till i spotted the pop3 tab,
incoming mail, pop3.tiscali.co.uk port 110
outgoing mail,smtp.tiscali.co.uk port 25
if you have your user and password correct that should work remember to turn wifi on,lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 12:44:29 GMT
C&J Polok says:
i had this prob too till i spotted the pop3 tab,
incoming mail, pop3.tiscali.co.uk port 110
outgoing mail,smtp.tiscali.co.uk port 25
if you have your user and password correct that should work remember to turn WiFi on,lol.
FYI this is the way i currently get my emails,so mine works with these settings,if it still doesn't work try signing into your talk talk account on the web too ensure your pass is working as strange things have happened to my password in the past

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 12:52:33 GMT
C&J Polok says:
try your ports im with talktalk and they are incoming 110
outgoing 25

until i had them correct i didnt get connected ,but just used my email program to tell me what they were so if you have a pc email client look in the settings and copy them for the kindle

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 12:55:11 GMT
C&J Polok says:
go into amazon and amazon kindle and check if its registered there,also try sync,as that's all i done and everything came into the fire from the old kindle.

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 13:28:21 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 31 Dec 2012 13:33:46 GMT]

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 13:34:03 GMT
ROSIE says:
New kindle fire hd, set up emails on it using Yahoo on the set up and all emails are going straight to the recycle bin. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 17:11:36 GMT
Gertrude J says:
Just received my Kindle Fire HD from Amazon and cannot find my Email OUTBOX. Any suggestions please.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012 17:22:09 GMT
Sue K says:
Assuming you have clicked the email app on the carousel (white envelope with an @ sign in the middle of it), the email program should show the name of your email account (in my case, Tiscali), at the top. Somewhere underneath, there should be a line saying "show folders". Click on that and you will see the outbox. Well - at least that's what it does on mine!

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012 17:24:27 GMT
Gertrude J says:
Thanks Sue - Sorted!!

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 17:24:28 GMT
Roger B says:
I am also having trouble setting up to receive email from my live (hotmail) account on a new Kindle Fire HD. I can set up my email by using the "manage your kindle" web page and it appears on my kindle with the correct email address etc but it doesn't actually receive any email!
If I turn the kindle off and back on that doesn't help and if I delete the email account and re-instate it it SOMETIMES collects my emails, but only once. After that it says "No Messages".
Everybody seems to have the same problem, what's going on?

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 17:25:09 GMT
Sue K says:
The way I set up my Tiscali email account was to put in the settings as per my pc email account but it didn't work until I unticked the boxes saying "Required sign-in", (or perhaps it was "Sign-in Required"). Anyway, untick those and see what happens.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012 17:29:46 GMT
Sue K says:
You're very welcome. Happy New Year!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jan 2013 07:31:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jan 2013 09:09:46 GMT
Tay says:
"I can set up my email by using the "manage your kindle" web page"

Not sure what you mean by the sentence above but that's not possible.

To set up your Hotmail account, Tap on Apps - Email - Then Tap Hotmail and follow the instructions on screen..

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 09:05:51 GMT
Roger B says:
thanks, I' 'll give that a try. Rog

Posted on 5 Jan 2013 17:17:11 GMT
K O'Connor says:
If this has been stated before forgive me but here goes: Have just set up talktalk email following a week odd of frustration. Cause? Trying to enter talktalk email as 'other provider' or whatever the heading is. There is a pre-set entry for AOL - and it just clicked that talktalk is an AOL email system. Selected 'AOL' from list provided on setup page, entered my talktalk email address and password and it all worked fine. You are not asked for all that 'ingoing/outgoing server' nonsense - what plank ever thought your average Joe/Joanne would be the slightest bit interested in having to learn all about that rubbish? - it is all pre-supplied. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2013 17:31:31 GMT
You've proved you're not "ordinary" by knowing talktalk is an AOL service.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 09:20:50 GMT
Hi. I thought this all made sense to me but if you ask it for BT CONNECT it cant find it so we can't set up emails with this Kindle. This does seem to be a problem with most Kindle users. I will get to the bottom of it but I've had the machine now for about 6 weeks and still can't work it out.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 11:33:42 GMT
C&J Polok says:
lmao

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 14:06:47 GMT
Gertrude J says:
Hello, I had problems setting up my email on my new Kindle Fire HD. which were only resolved by making several calls to my ISP. Eventually someone suggested I tried starting over again with a POP3 account instead of IMAP. Worked first time. Worth a try.
Val

Posted on 17 Jan 2013 22:38:50 GMT
I too had problems but finally realised I could enter my live account under hotmail and just entered the usual login and hit enter by mistake. It went straight through!

Posted on 17 Jan 2013 23:28:57 GMT
Linda says:
I have 5 e mail accounts set up on my Fire 2x btinternet (yahoo) gmail hotmail and my works outlook. I set them up on the Fire and access them via a little envelope app onthe carousel. Must have been easy as I have very limited skills. I seem to recall it was a POP3 account.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2013 10:18:18 GMT
Hi Linda. We cant get any emails on our Kindle. We are BT connect which seems to be the issue. Most people seem to be OK with BT internet! It's time to spend a few hours with BT I expect!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2013 14:48:14 GMT
Gertrude J says:
Hello, have you tried setting it up as a POP3 account instead of IMAP? Worked for me.

Posted on 25 Jan 2013 17:06:47 GMT
i seem to have the same problem to set up my e-mails it keeps asking for port numbers i am with the post office,keeps comming up with unable to open server connections please can anyone help
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
83 9 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
118 9 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
334 26 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
56 20 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
506 5 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1008 19 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
81 20 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
99 28 Dec 2013
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
kindle wont turn on 35 35 seconds ago
ARRAY(0xaa6afd44)

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  16 Nov 2012
Latest post:  15 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions