Customer Discussions > horror discussion forum

Highly rated rubbish horror.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Aug 2013 18:25:37 BDT
Lee says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 6 Aug 2013 10:36:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Aug 2013 10:39:15 BDT
JONESY says:
I'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you on all those.
Did you post that just to upset me? lol.
Dario Argento is a god, Cannibal Holocaust is brilliant, Don't Look Now and The Beyond are mesmerising. Loved The Innocents and Hills Have Eyes.
Halloween.........a classic and a great one at that.
We just can't be seeing things from the same perspective.

I have a collection of 2500 horror films and you've just dissed some of my favourites !!!!!!
Highly rated horror films i hate include "The Thing", "Candyman" "Pulse" and "Blair Witch Project"

Posted on 6 Aug 2013 13:49:30 BDT
Cartimand says:
I found Cannibal Holocaust pretty vile. The only realistic horror was the genuine and unforgivable torture of animals. The effects for the cannibal scenes were laughably poor. Its only value is in being one of the very first of the "found footage" genre.

Was "The Beyond" the film with the ridiculously fake tarantulas? If so, that was pretty weak too. The Innocents, Hills Have Eyes and Halloween though, were classics.

Posted on 6 Aug 2013 21:43:46 BDT
Lee I have to agree with you on dont look now and hills have eyes hasnt aged very well to be honest imo

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 19:19:25 BDT
Arch Stanton says:
Jonesy, I pretty much agree with your comments mate..........except The Thing!
Candyman was awful.
Carrie I find dull and the 'shock' ending garbage.
I almost turned off Eden Lake it was that irritating.
People will disagree with me for this, but I don't really care for The Haunting (original). It's okay.
Saw was rubbish and completely predictable dross ~ never watched any of the others.
Hostel, watched this at the flicks and thought it was dire.
To be continued............................

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 21:45:24 BDT
Yeah totally agree the thing is one of my all time favourites, really liked candyman to be honest, dont know many people that like it but me lol,thought the french film the ordeal was dreadful but really liked feast and denzel film fallen if thats classed as horror ish

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 10:50:53 BDT
Phantasm. People call this a 'classic' and I just don't understand why! Terrible acting, virtually no plot, people wandering through endless corridors in the dark ... booooring.

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 16:28:17 BDT
FJY says:
I agree with you on Don't Look Now. Every bloody film magazine that I read seems to regard this boring, arthouse rubbish as the second coming, but it just proves that some film critics don't know what makes a good horror film. I think it is one of the most overrated pieces of crap ever committed to film. I disagree on some of your other choices, though. I have always regarded Halloween, The Innocents, The Hills Have Eyes and the Universal movies as all-time classics. Of course, you are free to disagree with me, because this is just my opinion. I also think that The Blair Witch Project is overrated crap too. Everyone raved about that when it came out at the cinema. Personally, I couldn't understand what all of the fuss was about. I thought it was boring.

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 19:12:06 BDT
Arch Stanton says:
Mrs E A Molloy...... For years I didn't get Phantasm but recently I watched the whole lot back to back and had to eat my words, coz I was blown away by how good the series was, having not seen any of them for 20yrs~ish!!
I did a similar thing with Scanners recently too.. Thought that was dull, 25years on and it turns out it was alot better than I remembered
K A Dearlove......... Was The Ordeal belgian? I'm not being a pedantic sod, I'm just trying to work out if I've seen it! Does it have some weird dancing inbred types in a backwoods pub? and a guy made to wear a dress, imprisoned in a house? Christ my memory is bad! I think I saw it when it came out!

Never liked Les Yeux Sans Visage (Again, I've made more of an effort with it, than it has with me!) and still somehow remember preferring both Franco's remake and the similarly themed Corruption..
Quite a few Hammer fans really rate Blood From The Mummy's Tomb but for me it's one of the few Hammer's I really don't like. A mess of a film in my opinion. Which is a shame, because it has one or two big pluses but could've been great.
The Devils also took me a long time to appreciate!

Posted on 9 Aug 2013 01:35:51 BDT
Bram Stoker's Dracula, one of the worst films ever regardless of genre.

Posted on 25 Aug 2013 01:01:19 BDT
Lee says:
On the other hand,Franco's Count Dracula,which is supposed to be a turkey,I thought was pretty good.Watched it on Youtube recently.Not as enjoyable as the Hammer(s) but quite atmospheric in the Nosferatu vein.

The Ring is one I forgot about (both versions).They sit on top of my list.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2013 07:03:21 BDT
J.Yasimoto says:
"The Thing"?! Sacrilege!

Talking of which, one horror film often talked up as a classic which I think is hugely overated is the original Omen.

Posted on 26 Aug 2013 10:47:30 BDT
Arch stanton yeah that sounds like the one not sure then if its french or belgian but either way its dogs!?#, underated film imo is feast

Posted on 26 Aug 2013 10:49:45 BDT
Didnt like return of the living dead 2, loved the first tho

Posted on 27 Aug 2013 23:09:04 BDT
JONESY says:
Kurt Russell sucks!

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 18:18:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Sep 2013 18:25:17 BDT
Nonny says:
'all the Universals except for Frankenstein & Bride Of Frankenstein'? Sorry but Murders In The Rue Morgue, The Mummy, The Raven, The Black Cat, The Old Dark House, The Invisible Man, The Invisible Ray are all excellent films.

Argento? A stylish director who's not quite as great as his admirers believe. Most of his films are not horror in any case.
Cannibal Holocaust? I wouldn't describe it as a horror film, but it is highly overrated imo.
Much prefer Fulci's earlier thrillers- 'A Lizard In A Woman's Skin', etc. to his plodding gore films with their lousy special effects.
I have The Innocents on blu-ray, a beautifully photographed, atmospheric & occasionally disturbing ghost story, far from 'rubbish'.
Halloween, very well directed & genuinely scary, though I'm not a big fan of it or the famous score.
Don't Look Now, certainly overrated, but again I wouldn't describe it as a horror film.

One film that is rated highly that I dislike is The Haunting.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2013 04:04:08 BDT
Lee says:
The Haunting is #1 for me.
This is embarassing,but I had only watched the first half of The Innocents,and was outraged by comparisons to The Haunting.
Just watched the rest and yes,it's brilliant.

Posted on 9 Sep 2013 02:31:46 BDT
The first Hellraiser is overrated. I could not get over the fact that it's set in the US and yet so obviously filmed over here.

Posted on 11 Sep 2013 17:10:09 BDT
Shazzerman says:
The Exorcist is overrated, in the sense that I can list probably 20-30 horror films that are better. It's a good film, though.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Sep 2013 04:50:16 BDT
Nonny says:
Never found Pinhead & co particularly interesting or frightening. More comical than scary.

Posted on 1 Oct 2013 18:37:28 BDT
JONESY says:
I'd be interested to know what people think about the film "Hausu".
I've watched it three times now but can't make up my mind whether i like it or not.
I think it is designed to be watched after taking LSD.
Any comments?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the horror discussion forum (817 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  horror discussion forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  4 Aug 2013
Latest post:  1 Oct 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions