Customer Discussions > horror discussion forum

Man trapped in Phonebox

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Mar 2011 17:04:54 BDT
B. Swift says:
Does anyone know the name of a short film I remember from my youth. Subtitled (I think it was French or Spanish) it features a man trapped inside a phone box & the comic events surounding him as passers by try to free him. It then takes a terrible & horrific turn for the worst as the phone company turn up & remove the box (with him still in it). We then follow the box & him until we finally see the truth behind why he's been trapped.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2011 17:29:09 BDT
Now Zoltan says:
This is a recurring childhood memory for horror fans - that and the nun out of Armchair Thriller! The film in question is a Spanish effort called La Cabina from the mid 70s. Not sure if its available to buy - can't see it on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2011 08:43:48 BDT
B. Swift says:
omg!!! the faceless nun out of armchair thriller... now those where the days

Posted on 1 Apr 2011 10:14:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Apr 2011 10:16:22 BDT
You can watch it in its entirety on the following link without any downloads (from state Spanish tv) You may want to skip the intro (7 or 8 mins long) unless you understand Spanish though. It's still very good.

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20090127/mercero-lopez-vazquez-presentan-cabina/393271.shtml

Note: the intro I mentioned isn't part of the film, just discussions about it!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2011 10:27:30 BDT
B. Swift says:
CHEERS

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2011 00:17:40 BDT
I'm pretty sure The Phonebox is a Mexican film, a short. I saw it on TV one night on a BBC2 horror double bill in the early 80s and everyone was talking about in the pub the next evening. A mate actually taped it and projected it onto a wall when bands played! Most effective!

Posted on 27 Sep 2011 10:45:20 BDT
Alien Girl says:
La Cabina is available on YouTube in its entirety. Sorry, can't post the link, my machine's not behaving this morning!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2011 12:37:41 BDT
I remember watching this film when I was young, it's always stuck in my mind, even though there wasn't much action and it was quite boring, you just had to watch it until the end. It stayed with me for years.

Posted on 28 Sep 2011 20:09:07 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Jul 2013 13:34:36 BDT]

Posted on 14 Jul 2013 22:09:30 BDT
B Keeler says:
My dad managed to snag a copy of La Cabina ripped onto a DVD some years ago...no idea how he got it or why (I think it's on YouTube) but great concept.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2013 23:12:29 BDT
I remmy that, it was I think called the Spanish phonebox

Posted on 15 Jul 2013 12:53:54 BDT
Kevan James says:
Thanks for the info on this. I'd never seen it before but just watched on youtube. Excellent stuff!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2013 21:46:08 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Jul 2013 13:34:44 BDT]

Posted on 16 Jul 2013 19:14:46 BDT
Arch Stanton says:
C'mon now Martin there's no need to be so cynical, when considering friendships.
I mean we've been friends for how long now? I mean have I ever done anything sinister or untrustworthy?
So just take a bite of this lovely apple, I picked especially for you today, and then we can be best friends... FOREVER!
:D
By the way La Cabina was excellent, really good. Well remembered/recommended that person! ;D

Posted on 16 Jul 2013 19:20:52 BDT
Kath says:
it was a hammer house horror seriers or tales of the unexpected, not sure what the episode was called. God that was a good one, I am still scared of phone boxes.

Posted on 21 Jul 2013 18:30:08 BDT
Adam Jackson says:
Yeah, i remember this - especially the shot with all the other phoneboxes with skeletons inside - very unsettling!!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 23:58:47 BDT
It is not anything to do with British tv, it's already been accepted it's Mexican or Spanish.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2013 21:47:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jul 2013 21:51:08 BDT
Perhaps you're thinking of the Hammer House Of Horror episode 'Rude Awakening' as there is a scene with a phone box in that.
'La Cabina' is a short film made for Spanish tv which was shown at least twice on Channel 4 in the late 80s. It was shot in Madrid.

Posted on 10 Aug 2013 07:54:52 BDT
Kath says:
The one I was thinking of was defenatly American because we never had glass phone boxes then, but it was on a hammer house series type show. I don't think it would have been tales of the unexpected because that was mostly british stories. We only had three channels at the time so it must have been bought by another station so it might have been on a different network in the u.s than what we saw it on. I know I never saw it on channel 4, only england could get that channel at the time and I'm welsh.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the horror discussion forum (806 discussions)

ARRAY(0xab8f7eac)

This discussion

Discussion in:  horror discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  31 Mar 2011
Latest post:  10 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions