Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Shameless self-promotion

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on 20 Oct 2012 01:48:14 BDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 18 Jun 2012 16:54:14 BDT
Hello

My book is about India and the Quit India movement which took place in the 1940's when Gandhi declared he wanted a free India from the British Raj. This novel is not political but more on a personal level and scours many issues. Please check out my blog which tells you a lot more....

http://malikagandhi.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/freedom-of-the-monsoon-let-me-tell-you-about-it/

Thanks! :0)

Posted on 18 Jun 2012 17:12:09 BDT
I'm a huge fan as well as a traditionally published author of Historical/Paranormal Romance. Salem Moon, book 1 of the Salem saga has won numerous awards for portraying the infamous witch trials of 1692 in Salem, Mass with vivid accuracy, coupled with a time-travel fantasy romance that spans 300 years. Book 2 The Fallen and the Pure is also out.
-Scarlet Black

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 20:34:54 BDT
Ice Queen says:
I have put on the fourth and final volume of my A-List quadrilogy, entitled The A-List: Shadows Rise. It's about vampires in Hollywood, who are attracted to the fame and adoration or celebrity. They are kept in line by the Hoplites, descendants of the Ancient Spartans who use their ancestors' formidable fighting techniques to slay vampires. It is a satricial swipe at Hollywood and fame and is a different twist on the vampire myth.

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 16:20:27 BDT
I know self promotion and peer reviews are not the best way to promote a book but if we authours don't do it how are people going to know our books are out ther
My little offering is Kit's Reward.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 13:23:50 BDT
I am Writing a Historical Fiction Novel on Pirates of Wallasey in the 18th Century. I have released a few free diary entries for the kindle
The Memoirs of Hector Hornsmith [Kindle Edition]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 19:40:05 BDT
GARTH MEANEY says:
I wonder if you knew that this spear is still around and was taken from a museum by Hitler when he was beginning to get big. It goes by the name of 'The Spear of Destiny'.
Alexander the Great held it in his hand (maybe Tony Blair as well). I know that I read a book about it but can't remember who wrote it.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 20:19:17 BDT
I'd be surprised if Alexander the Great held the so-called Spear of Destiny, as he died about four hundred years before Christ's crucifixion.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jul 2012 20:34:36 BDT
GARTH MEANEY says:
You are right of course. As relics go though, this one had quite an interesting history.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2012 09:24:12 BDT
R M Paton
If anyone cares to try 'And Also the Night', it's set in 1956 and centres on the events surrounding the Hungarian Revolution.
I tried to tell a story where the characters are facing danger and dilemmas and having to live with the consequences of their decisions - not all of which turn out well.
Try it - you might like it!

Posted on 5 Jul 2012 20:44:55 BDT
D. Galvin says:
Drape the Couches

Hi folks,

Another Roman author with swords and sandals on his mind? No. I write to escape. My two books reveal what Rome and has to offer its loyal citizen and then, what it can snatch away again.

Books written about belief, superstition and errors of judgement. Try either:

The Feasting of Falerius and
Drape the Couches.

If you have read them, please post your comments.

Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2012 22:00:09 BDT
Well, fabricated history, anyway ... :-)

I seem to remember it popped up in The Hammer and the Cross, or at least at some point in the trilogy of which this is a part. And I'm pretty sure I've seen it crop up in various other books over the years. It's a powerful symbol to use in a historical novel (or perhaps "historical fantasy") ...

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2012 23:19:56 BDT
Not sure if this is quite what TC had in mind, but might I suggest my steampunk-ish novel The Game Called Revolution (Infini Calendar), available on Kindle and in paperback.

Taking place during a French Revolution that is familiar yet very different, this steam-powered story depicts the adventures of the Ordre de la Tradition, a group of elite knights and other exceptionally talented individuals, led by the cool and confident Jeanne d'Fleur, who answer only to His Majesty, King Louis XVI.

On July 14, 1789 (Infini Calendar), the Ordre is called to the Bastille to investigate a mysterious message that has appeared in the cell which formerly belonged to the diabolical Marquis de Sade. While they are there, the prison suddenly comes under attack by an agry mob. They soon discover that this is not an isolated incident; the Palace at Versailles is also besieged around the same time.

Why is this happening? Will the Ordre be able to save the monarchy from assassination? How is the Jacobin Club involved in this? What strange powers does the Count of Saint-Germaine possess? What is the secret of Jeanne's left eye? Is that sadistic Austrian woman friend or foe?

All is revealed within.

Posted on 6 Jul 2012 09:34:12 BDT
My new novel, Loyalty, is available on a free promotion this weekend. It is historical fiction covering the life of King Richard III and the end of the Wars of the Roses. It remains as true to the known facts as possible and tries to offer an insight into the man that Shakespeare turned into a monster.

Loyalty

Posted on 1 Oct 2012 16:00:53 BDT
thurinius says:
Palatine (The Four Emperors)

Completely shameless self promotion. A romp through the final days of Nero.

Posted on 3 Oct 2012 18:30:58 BDT
Ted says:
That's a good idea! I don't mind a bit of self-publicism now and again! I started this book 25 years ago, and I've only recently got it finished. Sequel "The Ashen Rung" due out in a week or two I hope. If you fancy a laugh, with a bit of romance (or sex) mixed in with your history (especially if you have any Norfolk blood in you), then give this a try. I hope you like it! Ted

"THE HICKORY STICK" (ASIN:B009EAVJ52)

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 08:51:46 BDT
J. A. Lees says:
Hi everyone,
My novel 'The Fan Tan Players' is now out on kindle. it is set in Hong Kong and Macau in the 1930s and 40s.
My next book is entitled 'The House of Trembling Leaves' and will be published by Sandstone Press in Feb. 2013.
Thanks and best wishes,
Julian Lees

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 16:25:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Oct 2012 16:25:49 BDT
Hi everyone. My latest book is historical fiction based on fact - Agents of Reason - 1790s London political radicalism. How an unsung hero - Jeremiah Joyce - operated across a range of social groups and played his part in the evolution of democracy.

Posted on 13 Oct 2012 06:24:23 BDT
Ben Stevens says:
The Carp on the Chopping Block

The final day for a young kamikaze pilot...
Free to download all this weekend.

Posted on 26 Oct 2012 04:39:33 BDT
What do you do when you are 17 years old, trapped in a fortress, surrounded by zombies, and your boyfriend is missing? Julie Rayzor locks and loads...

Julie Rayzor ~ Romance, Adventure, Zombies (Julie Rayzor Zombie Novel) Thank you for doing this! My name is Richard Howes and I also have a blog under RichardHowesBooks and a facebook page under Julie Rayzor

Posted on 26 Oct 2012 09:41:43 BDT
Archie says:
Read the first three exciting cases of a Suffolk based private detective for 77p on kindle, free download onamazon prime:GRAVE MATTER (A HANDFUL OF SECRETS)
COBRA MIST
BLIND LOVE (A HANDFUL OF SECRETS)
or 2.75 as a paperback
Grave Matter: 1
Cobra Mist
Blind Love

Posted on 26 Oct 2012 12:46:47 BDT
I will not bother you with tales of glowing reviews. If I never spent so much of my time writing I would happily talk with you instead of being classed as a `drive by.' But that apart, if you are a lover of historical fiction set during the period of World War One then this book is precisely what you are looking for.

Coming Home
Thomas Elkin, a Yorkshire lad, was fifteen years old when he signed up to serve in World War One. He didn't want to fight, he wanted to die.
Originally titled `Going Home to Ruby'
Now on e-book, and released on paperback 30th Oct.
Thank you.

Posted on 26 Oct 2012 15:37:55 BDT
'Looking Down', an adventure-spy story. around the Cold War, the Hungarian Uprising and the livesof those caught up in spyig, treason, defectors.
Try it!

Posted on 26 Oct 2012 20:24:54 BDT
Mine are available as paperbacks or Kindle.

DEADLINE

The Scorpion

Two newspaper thrillers with murder, action, terrorists and plenty of page-turning thrills. Great weekend reading!

Posted on 27 Oct 2012 12:41:15 BDT
Roger Cave says:
Why not try one of the Alec Fincham novels, they`re pure action adventure thrillers.
Each one is available for only 1.03.

All nine books are military, espionage, action thrillers and feature Commander Alec Fincham, of her Majesty's Special Boat Service. Because of his military training, he is seconded to the Special Operations Department of M.I.6. Every difficult job that comes along, he and his team have to face head on.

The Barcza Gambit (The Alec Fincham Novels)
Someone wants to keep the American military in Iraq, and possibly escalate the war. Fincham, in his first outing, finds himself in Miami, trying to figure out what's really going on.

Sicilian Defence (Alec Fincham #2)
Fincham and his team are after a Middle Eastern terrorist, but the Italian Mafia stand in their way. Can he and his team outfox the Mafia, and still catch the man they're after.

White King (Alec Fincham #3)
British anti-drug patrols in the Caribbean are dealt a blow by a Venezuelan drug lord. Fincham and his team are sent in to deliver a message. However, the message turns out to be more dangerous to deliver than they could have possibly imagined.

Zugzwang (Alec Fincham #4)
A man wants revenge for his son's death. If successful, he'll kill hundreds of thousands. Fincham and his team find themselves in the Iraqi Western Desert, alone and outnumbered, and in a worse position than when they started. Can they survive?

Octopus Knight (Alec Fincham #5)
A death in London sets Fincham on to the trail of a Russian drugs smuggler. He will have to face death in the frozen Chernobyl ghost towns, if he is to succeed.

Medusa Defence (Alec Fincham #6)
The murder of a politician sends Fincham on a chase to find Medusa, a world famous model. He has to find out what she knows, and protect her from those who want the information she has.

Deep Blue (Alec Fincham #7)
Somali pirates kidnap a South African diamond miner. Fincham is engaged to get him out, no matter the cost. To fail will deepen the world's financial crisis, and strengthen foreign terrorist cells.

Grand Prix Variation (Alec Fincham #8)
Fincham is tasked with providing protection to a Formula 1 Racing Team. The team's owner is also a supplier of military technology to the Armed Forces. One man wants that relationship terminated, permanently.

Queen's Knight (Alec Fincham #9)
The love of Anastasia Hunt's life goes missing, but nothing is at it first appears. Alec Fincham is brought in to resolve the case, but can he get to the bottom of what's going on without paying the ultimate price?

In addition, there's a couple of Alec Fincham stories available for 77p.
Fried Fox & English Rat (Alec Fincham Short Stories)
Fried Fox
M.I.6. Send Devon Fox on what seems to be a fairly routine investigation. However, things are not quite what they seem, and soon he is fighting to survive.

English Rat
The press have dubbed her HMS Invisible, and she is the most advance stealth warship in the World. Unfortunately, other people want the technology and are willing to steal what they can. Alec Fincham, and his Special Boat Service team, are called in to protect her, but will it be enough?

Posted on 27 Oct 2012 14:44:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Oct 2012 14:45:30 BDT
Tarin Day says:
The Laurie Bracken Trilogy - "The Eve of the Witch" (9,10,11 & 12 years old)
Perfect for Halloween, this is the story of a seventeenth century witch that comes to the twenty-first century and is befriended by a lonely young girl. As Purity Hawkins becomes Laurie Bracken and adapts to her new life, she still manages to cause chaos wherever she goes.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the historical fiction discussion forum (97 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  327
Total posts:  1656
Initial post:  10 Jun 2009
Latest post:  9 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers

Search Customer Discussions