Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > historical fiction discussion forum

Publisher looking for new historical fiction authors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 117 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 11:04:16 GMT
Catherine says:
Also have a look at The Stuart Agenda
great historical stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2012 10:41:27 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 Feb 2012 14:05:51 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 11:47:00 GMT
hello uncle roy
Dad mentioned you had got a book published congratulations.
love claire stolworthy

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 18:38:28 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Feb 2012 18:46:03 GMT
Going Home To Ruby is scheduled for publication Oct 2012. Maybe i will see you before then, Claire, its lovely to hear from you.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2012 12:35:04 GMT
Cachelblue says:
I am an Agent for Oliver Anderson Books, one of my writers Paul Lewis writes fantastic historical/adventure books which are well written and well researched. They are available on Kindle ISBN numbers : 9780956072955, 9780956072948, 9780956072931, 9780956072924, 9780956072917. I would be very interested to hear from you. All the best Tara

Posted on 3 Mar 2012 09:28:02 GMT
MARGARET says:
Hallo to all you Historical Fiction Readers! I'm afraid I'm joining the ranks of unashamed pluggers to tell you about my newly released book, Ghost of Gallipoli, available on Ghost of Gallipoli

The book is based on my experiences as a diplomatic wife, living in Istanbul in the 1990s, and on the true story of my great-uncle, Private Jack Callaghan, aged 19, who with his brother, Sam, was killed at V Beach, Gallipoli in 1915. But, while Jack's body may have been mangled at V Beach, his spirit lives on, his appetite for revenge nurtured by the knowledge that he and his comrades were slaughtered needlessly because of the mistakes and vacillations of their incompetent commanding officers.

For over eighty years now this vengeful revenant has bided his time, safe in the knowledge that one day someone would come to help him seek the retribution he craves. At last, that person has arrived: Jack's great-niece, Ellie, who has relinquished an academic career to travel to Istanbul to wed her diplomat lover, Harry. But unbeknown to her, Harry isn't the only one awaiting her arrival at the historic British Consulate in Istanbul.

Highly intelligent she may be, but Ellie is a young woman with a chip on her shoulder and gnawing insecurities. Nevertheless, she cannot understand why she finds herself so much at odds with diplomatic culture, or why she experiences such bitter enmity from the Consul General's wife, Alice. Her isolation grows as it becomes increasingly clear that her new husband and his colleagues are keeping something from her, important information that everyone but her seems to be aware of. As the atmosphere in the shadowy old Consulate grows ever more sinister, Jack gradually begins to reveal himself, finally recounting his terrible story to his great-niece and exposing the political machinations going on around her. Shocked by what she discovers, Ellie becomes Jack's accomplice in his search for retaliation.

Set against the fabulous background of Istanbul, Ghost of Gallipoli is an account of the trials and tribulations of learning to live in a foreign country and an alien culture. Part thriller, part ghost story, it is principally a tale of deceit, hatred and revenge, and of how the sins of the fathers may be revisited on their descendants, regardless of time or place.

I hope you'll have a look at the book and perhaps enjoy reading it - I've had very good feedback from those who already have. With Anzac Day fast approaching, and the 100th anniversary of World War One, the book makes a particularly pertinent read.

Margaret Whittock

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 17:27:07 GMT
Betty K says:
Dear Jonboy:

Are you considering self-published books. I was told by New York agents that, because of the subject material, my book would do better in a small publishing firm, so I went ahead and published it myself at the end of December. It's been doing quite well, but since it's about a Huguenot family that fled France for England in the late 17th century, I think it would do better in England with a local publishing company.
I am currently writing a sequel and plan a trip to England and the Continent in the fall to do research.

The name is "The Silk Weaver's Daughter" and you can see some reviews on Amazon.co.uk or on http://historicalnovelreview.blogspot.com/2012/03/silk-weavers-daughter-by-elizabeth.html.

Thank you for consideration of this post.

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 04:30:05 GMT
RK says:
Glad to post that my historical romance novel Wings Of Freedom appears as "Today's Featured Read" on http://cheapkindledaily.wordpress.com/. It has moved on to the second round of 2012 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest. You may like to have a look. Good reviews with 4.4 stars.
Thanks
Ratan

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2012 06:46:12 GMT
Pat says:
You could do worse than look at Denise Robbins books which have now gone out of print

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 06:17:08 GMT
laurel says:
Dear Jonathan,
I have written a historical novel that takes place in 1940's Vichy France. The story involves a band of gypsies who are being persecuted by French soldiers for smuggling weapons and political exiles out of France through the Pyrenees. A young girl in one of the villages is secretly in love with a pacifist half-gypsy, but when she ultimately is pursued by and marries a powerful military commander, her gypsy lover vows revenge and becomes a leader of his people's secret operations.
If this is something that may be of interest to you, please let me know.
Best regards,
Laurel

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 22:34:56 GMT
Dear Mr. Wright:

Brash and brilliant, twenty year old Mathis Zieglar, Professor of Languages, faces an agonizing choice: should he fight the Turks who take his family hostage and move to destroy Vienna? Or should he betray his army to save his kin? Twist of the Mainspring is an historical novel set against the 1683 siege of Vienna.

Europe is balanced on a knife's edge while Mathis, the man who holds its fate in his hands, struggles against powerful enemies: Father Sistini, a Jesuit who brands him a heretic and drags Mathis' fiancée off to the Inquisition; a xenophobic city mob, who wants him dead for protecting a Hungarian soldier; but most dangerous of all, Captain Tyrek, a Muslim chieftain who will kill Mathis' family unless he spies against his own army. One by one, Tyrek's agents murder Mathis' closest associates in an attempt to isolate him. As 130,000 Turks grind down Vienna's 11,000 defenders with no relief in sight, Mathis' only chance to save family and country is to use his ability to speak Tartar and the knack he learned as a child to leap, whirl like an unwinding mainspring, and strike.

The 1683 siege of Vienna was an historic turning point in the struggle between East and West. Had the defenders failed, the invaders would have gutted Central Europe in a rampage of mass slaughter and enslavement.

Twist of the Mainspring is a novel of 97, 700 words and will appeal to those who enjoy the military action of Bernard Cornwell's Richard Sharpe series and the mystery suspense of The Name of the Rose.

I am a former college history professor and currently write for History Magazine, a national publication, and Focus on Georgetown, a local one. I am prepared to send you the completed manuscript and furnish reviews as soon as you reply.

Warm regards,

C. Wayne Dawson

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 14:41:35 BDT
Infinity says:
An Agent of the King is published on Kindle, set in the early days of the Napoleonic Wars it is a story of action and intrigue set in the dark world of espionage and murder that was rife across Europe.

Archie Dexter, a hedonistic young man in trouble since the day he was born but now a special agent of Admiral Horatio Nelson no less, trapped in Egypt following Napoleon's invasion. Somehow he will survive to play a pivotal role in Nelson's famous victory at the Battle of the Nile.
Wounded and thrown into captivity he eventually returns to London where as a member of the secretive Aliens Office, Dexter battles the increasingly violent French agents plotting and murdering their way across the capital.
Together with an oddball assortment of comrades Dexter must travel to Spain on a deadly mission to rescue a British spy, the one man capable of enabling Pitt's government to secure an alliance with a chance of defeating Napoleon.
It is back in London that Dexter will face his sternest test, where failure will force him to choose between the life of his closest friend and the King of England.
Archie Dexter is a new hero caught up in the turbulent times of the Napoleonic Wars. An Agent of the King is a fast paced, gritty and exciting action drama that takes the reader on a roller coaster ride through north Africa and Europe via the bordellos, slums and ballrooms of Georgian London.

Posted on 1 Apr 2012 17:39:23 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2012 20:11:57 BDT]

Posted on 1 Apr 2012 18:35:08 BDT
Daisy says:
This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for people. I have written an epic novel set in Cornwall. It is based on a true story about a colleague of Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Charles Valentine Le Grice. He was one of England's romantic poets. I entered it for the Brit Writers Award last year and it was shortlisted. My editor said he would put it in the top ten of books he had read. It is a literary read. I have been told it documents an important period in England's social history. It features some quotes from Coleridge not known yet. And a rousing true sermon given at Greenwich at the funeral for Nelson by my main character.
I have featured it on Writer's World website and readers enjoyed it more than Downton Abby. Not that as author I can say that. :)
As I am still actively looking for a publisher I have not self published yet.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 08:14:12 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 16 Apr 2015 17:17:52 BDT]

Posted on 13 May 2012 19:31:47 BDT
Jake C1415 says:
Stormbringer (Apocalypse Then) Stormbringer is the opening novel of the Apocalypse Then series of books that will relate the complete history of the second world war from a uniquely British viewpoint. What's so unique about this? The narrator claims to have started it.

Follow the adventures of Robert Leroy Parker from the Spanish Civil War to the heart of Nazi-Germany before diving headlong down the rabbit hole into wartorn Poland and beyond. It's a book that keeps getting stranger and the strangest thing of all?

It just might be true.

Posted on 18 May 2012 17:10:56 BDT
THE CRYING OF THE CHILDREN is set in the 1800's. The novel touches on the poverty of the time, the evils of the baby farmers, the trials of those who found themselves in the workhouse, the cruelty of the factory owner who thought he owned his workforce and the steps he took when someone, even his wife, went against his wishes. The characters include the good, the well meaning, the bad and the downright evil. There is the idiot son of the baby farmer whose mind is full of half-remembered memories of his mother's hammer, the brother and sister left at the workhouse because no-one cares enough, the young man whose anger causes near tragedy for his family, the solicitor who gives him a fresh start and the woman who will never smile again until she discovers the whereabouts of her lost granddaughter. Add the beginnings of a romance, the hidden heart of a rogue and the total devotion of a life-long servant and companion who will do anything - literally anything - to protect her mistress, and you have a real page turning novel.

The Crying of The Children

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 04:45:23 BDT
Jon,
I am currently working on a book set in mesolithic Asia, where the first defensive moats, pottery, and agriculture arose. I have self-published an unrelated children's novel called "The Other Side of Yore" which got favorable reviews from several well-known publications and a best-selling author. I have emailed you with a little more info that I would not want to share in public just yet!
Joe Layden

Posted on 28 Jul 2012 19:33:00 BDT
Caroline W. says:
There is a site that features historical fiction, some military (others are not): http://www.pasttimesbooks.com/

The books are all hand-picked and voted on by site management, so you're bound to find something you like. Not all of the authors are traditionally published - the site features some indies as well, if the books are good. So you should find someone there who might be interested in going with you.

Posted on 28 Jul 2012 23:32:50 BDT
Is there an advance?
What terms do you offer? Ebooks royalties and print.
Jack

Posted on 5 Aug 2012 19:57:22 BDT
PaulLD says:
Hi Jonathon! I have been working for several years on a story of Ancient Egypt. It is set in the 18th. Dynasty beginning in the reign of Amenhotep III. His son becomes Amenhotep IV/Akhenaten. The story concerns a man named Ay who became tutor to the prince and then his friend and companion for life. The story is of their friendship and their adventures together, both military and romantically as Ay's abilities in both fields take him to a high level of influence in the Egyptian court until - as history shows - he became Pharaoh upon the death of Tutankhamun. The book may not appeal to all as it has many graphic scenes of a sexual nature. This is essential in recounting the way that sex was the over-riding pastime and entertainment in Egypt at that time. I am still writing the book as I write for my own desire to explain why the names of all those involved with Akhenaten had their names removed from all official records after the death of Ay.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2012 14:09:39 BDT
G. S. Dover says:
Dear jonboy, I have written two books in the historical fiction catagory, one of which I have at present on kindle as White Rose Knight, it is set during the war of the roses tracing the rise under Edward 1V of his life after being knighted at Towton, it takes in such places as Burgundy, France plus most of England, I have researched all the locations in person.
I am a retired instructor from a college in Exeter that delt with armed forces personel that had been disabled in some way, I am at present working on a novel set during the second world war with a bomb group from the American Eigth air force.
If you think you may be interested in seeing White Rose knight please let me know and I will submit you it via kindle.
Yours Faithfully, G.S.Dover.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2012 11:20:13 GMT
I would like for you to look at Woodcutter's Revival. It is historical fiction with some military history and leadership themes. www.WoodcuttersRevival.com

Posted on 30 Oct 2012 14:39:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Oct 2012 14:41:12 GMT
Paulo Barata says:
Hello all,
I've self-published a book about the legend of the Wandering Jew Envy (The Seculary of a Wandering Jew) (available in eBook & paperback formats).
I would like some views on its marketability - the synopsis is in product page.
Many thanks for any and all comments.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 02:34:01 GMT
Braz Menezes says:
If you are still interested, please look up More Matata-Love After the Mau Mau, by Braz Menezes (just released)
Braz Menezes, Author
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the historical fiction discussion forum (98 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
well plotted Edwardian sagas or family dramas? 0 20 Nov 2015
Am i the only peron that cringes at PC historical fiction? 96 17 Jun 2014
Historical fiction - for guys 94 20 Apr 2014
Any books similar to Last of The Mohicans or Shadow of the Longhouse in fiction 5 11 Feb 2014
Historical accuracy 14 9 Feb 2014
Scottish Historical Fiction 52 5 Feb 2014
Fiction set in Ancient Greece - any recommendations? 17 3 Feb 2014
How did WW2 start? Did the British try to negotiate peace in 1939 and did the SS try to kill Hitler? 8 14 Nov 2013
is there any christmas themed historical fiction? 24 11 Nov 2013
The Historical Writers' Association 16 15 Aug 2013
Attention, fans of German WWII military (books)! 0 2 Aug 2013
New Historical Fiction Novel - based on a true story 29 27 Jun 2013

This discussion

Participants:  67
Total posts:  117
Initial post:  15 Sep 2011
Latest post:  13 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions