Customer Discussions > high definition discussion forum

The best 3D blu-ray movies you've seen so far?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 142 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 Mar 2012 15:36:56 GMT
BenMaf says:
UP 3D, Cars 2 3D and Transformers 3D are really nice on blu ray 3D. (The Disney Pixar films look ace on blu ray/blu ray 3D)
Final Destination 5 3D has some good "pop out moments" and so does Despicable me 3D; they are both worth getting on blu ray 3D.
A Christmas Carol and Bolt are OK in 3D but for some reason there are moving black bars which appear at the sides of the screen, (they are more apparent in A Christmas Carol and can be quite distracting) I think most Disney 3D films are like this due to the way they make them to try and give a better 3D effect.

Posted on 3 Mar 2012 00:20:59 GMT
I thought Alice in Wonderland was particularly striking on 3D blu ray and was a vast improvement over the cinema version, obviously Avatar, any Disney animation is pretty good, although don't expect much 'pop' from them (except Zazu in Lion King-Brilliant) and I would agree with Legend of the Guardians-Probably the best use of 3D I've seen although I didn't particularly like the film

Posted on 10 Mar 2012 04:40:40 GMT
Ms J. Warner says:
Hugo has the best 3D effects I've seen in a movie - and the most natural. Once the initial thrill of seeing a 3D movie (Avatar was my first) most of the others have either distracted me or annoyed me. But Hugo was magical.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2012 14:41:38 GMT
i have just seen HIDDEN 3D & IMMORTALS 3D both tremendous ,, well worth it !

Posted on 19 Mar 2012 13:10:35 GMT
GAZMAN says:
Beauty and the Beast in 3D is perfection

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 17:07:58 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 4 Apr 2012 17:10:08 BDT]

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 17:10:32 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 4 Apr 2012 17:10:41 BDT]

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 07:42:58 BDT
leishman161 says:
Tangled looked great on 3D, as did Hugo and Immortals

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2012 08:36:53 BDT
It has to be christmas carol i have never seen such cleaver 3d

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 19:22:08 BDT
Hussun says:
The Avatar 3D Blu-ray is best you can get, Transformers 3 is also very good. The Pixar movies look great especially Toy Story 3, and Tangled. I've heard Ice Age 3 looks good as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 15:54:59 BDT
Mark Spitz says:
Where can I get Avatar in 3D on Blu-ray

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 16:04:24 BDT
You can't buy it. You can only get it when you buy a PANASONIC 3D TV DVD package. You send away for it with proof of your Package purchase ! An outstanding 3D Blu Ray courtesy of PANASONIC..

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 16:07:40 BDT
Uncle DJ says:
That's such a money grabbing scheme. Most people already have a HD 3D ready TV and some BR players are already 3D, so why would they want to buy a Panasonic package? They wouldn't. I'd say they're losing on profit by not putting Avatar 3D on shelves/online stores.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 16:21:39 BDT
Aparently thats what JAMES CAMERON wanted, for it to only be available from PANASONIC. He also did the THX settings for the disc ! When you have the biggest movie under your belt I suppose you can pick & choose how you distribute it !

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 16:23:27 BDT
Aparently thats what JAMES CAMERON wanted, for it to only be available from PANASONIC. He also did the THX settings for the disc ! When you have the biggest movie under your belt I suppose you can pick & choose how you distribute it !

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 16:28:10 BDT
Uncle DJ says:
True, but it's very selfish and greedy :-\
I'm not into 3D at home, but I do love a 3D film at the cinema if they get it right. If I was into 3D at home and I already had my 3D TV, player etc and I couldn't get Avatar 3D I'd be pizzed. It wasn't the first 3D film out was it? He expected people to hold off on buying their equipment until Avatar details were revealed or something? I enjoy his films, but what a big S.O.B...

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 16:42:17 BDT
He will probably release it to outlets when his funds for AVATAR 2 & 3 start to run dry !

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 19:00:46 BDT
I have Coraline 3D, but I do not know if it is made for 3D players, because it came with 4 pairs of the old style paper 3D glasses. I watched it with the 3D glasses on my regular blu-ray player and it was nothing impressive.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 19:16:01 BDT
Uncle DJ says:
You have to watch 3D films with latest 3D glasses, 3D TV and 3D Blu-Ray player to get the best result I'd say. Those cardboard/paper glasses are old school. The modern ones are something like the ones Amazon sell or the standard pairs you buy at the cinema...

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 20:26:02 BDT
Mark Spitz says:
Sadly I only bought an LG Blu ray player BD660 and an LG 3D TV47 lgwou which are both fantastic products bit annoyed that Avatar is restricted to Panasonic only. I want to get the full 3D effect but proper films (shot in full 3D) appear to be in short supply.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 20:32:53 BDT
Uncle DJ says:
It is a pretty small list at the moment. I'm not expert, but I'm going with Avatar, Resident Evil Afterlife and Transformers 3?

Posted on 22 Apr 2012 16:54:35 BDT
D. Smith says:
Avatar 3D no longer comes with a Panasonic 3D bluray. When we bought ours it was the regular 2d star wars trilogy, so maybe now they will schedule a proper Avatar 3D. The best 3D film we've seen
so far is Hugo. Pirates of the caribean 4 is also great in 3D. Megamind and Lion King also excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 17:24:53 BDT
AVATAR 3D is still available from PANASONIC. I got STAR WARS TRILOGY off my 3D Blu Ray player & I got AVATAR 3D because I bought a 3D TV / Player package ! You send for them seperetly..

Posted on 4 Jun 2012 15:32:23 BDT
S. Bridgens says:
Just watched journey 2 the mysterious island wow what a great film for showing off 3d lots of depth and great pop out moments

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 15:25:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jun 2012 15:27:52 BDT
Cartimand says:
The Panasonic Avatar 3D Blu-ray is still going for silly money on eBay or in second hand shops - saw a battered looking copy in CEX priced at 60! Guess you'll have to wait until December 2012, when the commercial BD is released.

Best 3D I've seen on a home BD to date is probably Tin Tin, but Hugo was also very good and, for something totally different, Herzog's documentary the Cave of Forgotten Dreams, is well worth watching. Don't know why Piranha 3D gets such a slating; I watched my copy again last night and the colours are vibrant and the 3D effects not bad at all. It's also a helluva lot of fun! I wonder if some of the poor reviews are from people watching the anaglyph 3D version on a standard TV?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the high definition discussion forum

ARRAY(0xad57cb7c)

This discussion

Participants:  77
Total posts:  142
Initial post:  7 Jul 2011
Latest post:  12 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions