Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Apr 2012 15:07:31 BDT
I will be a 1st time viewer of these shows when I buy them so just a quick question really - are these Blu Ray sets ive seen here on Amazon worth buying or am I better watching them on a DVD
Your reply to Stu (PSN: Funeral-Bringer)'s post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 18:10:28 BDT
Cerberus says:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Twilight-Zone-Season-1-Blu-ray/11231/#Review

But I think Cliffy P might have bought it on Blu-ray so if you have him on psn or see him posting on the games forum bit ask him. But looking at the region A review they did a great job.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 21:24:18 BDT
i have recently bought all the twilight zone dvd sets on amazon and i have to say that the picture and sound quality are near perfection!

Posted on 3 May 2012 14:26:14 BDT
MoxyRusic says:
I'd have to agree with Jeremiah. Skip the DVD's go staight to the the Blu they have never looked any better. If you don't believe just check the reviews on bluray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Twilight-Zone-Season-1-Blu-ray/11231/

This link relates to the US release but the uK discs as are exactly the same.

Posted on 4 May 2012 02:10:30 BDT
Neal Vincent says:
Yes, Blu-ray is definitely the way to go with The Twilight Zone. They've done an excellent job with the HD transfers, and the show was shot on 35mm film so it benefits from it every bit as much as any cinema film from the era does.

If "special features" float your boat, then it's worth mentioning that the Blu-ray releases also offer a lot more extras than you'll find on the DVD sets: audio commentaries, radio drama versions of the stories, isolated music scores, interviews, etc. The DVDs had some of those extras, but they really went to town with the Blu-ray releases...

On the Season One Blu-ray set alone you get: 19 additional audio commentaries (plus the 6 found on the DVD set), 12 additional radio dramas (plus the 6 from the DVD set), additional episode "The Time Element" in HD (the rarely-seen "pilot episode" for the series), additional episode "What You Need" in HD (a version of one of the Season One stories, produced for an earlier anthology TV series called "Tales of Tomorrow"), etc. A truly staggering amount of extra stuff.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xab5bce40)

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  26 Apr 2012
Latest post:  4 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions