List of Blu-rays that come with HD digital copies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-42 of 42 posts in this discussion
Posted on 25 Feb 2013 21:38:00 GMT
Truman says:
Another one to add to the list... Savages downloads in HD

Posted on 30 Mar 2013 13:13:01 GMT
Truman says:
This one surprised me, because it's a Dreamworks release... Rise of the Guardians downloads in HD.

Fingers crossed all studios are now moving towards HD digital copies!

Posted on 17 Apr 2013 15:41:21 BDT
Argo downloads in SD too even with Blu Ray.

Posted on 17 Apr 2013 21:18:29 BDT
D. Pugh says:
Pitch Perfect has HD digital copy download from iTunes. Way to go! (I haven't seen the film yet - so no comments about it please!)

Posted on 17 Apr 2013 22:21:07 BDT
T Wong says:
HD copy download with Schindler's List

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2013 23:53:13 BDT
MadusMaximus says:
Indeed, just got this myself. Again, another Universal release. They're the only ones who seem to understand this whole "oh, you bought an HD copy of this movie, we'll give you an HD download of it too" concept lol.

Posted on 16 May 2013 20:00:15 BDT
Truman says:
Les Miserables also downloads in HD:)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2013 02:41:02 BDT
MadusMaximus says:
Universal again lol. Notice a trend here? I got it for my mother and sister (no interest in it myself), always nice to have the iTunes version for the Apple TV so I can avoid the whole rip and encode process lol. I have the disc as a backup too if something should happen to the digital copy for whatever reason (highly unlikely, but you never know).

Posted on 28 May 2013 13:20:11 BDT
Truman says:
Anyone know if there are any digital copies that are advertised as Ultraviolet only but also actually download in iTunes? (I'm not including Universal, who provide both UV and iTunes).

Only reason I ask is that I've seen a mention on a forum that Django Unchained (which is stated to come with just a UV digital copy) actually also comes with an iTunes code. Maybe that person is wrong, but it just got me wondering...

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 11:33:30 BDT
Django does only come with a UV copy no iTunes code. Although the UV copy does redeem in HD on the Sony Pictures UV website which is nice.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 19:46:49 BDT
Truman says:
Thought I'd try it for myself and you're right. I should know not to trust random people on internet forums... present company excepted, of course:)

Posted on 15 Jun 2013 16:28:14 BDT
Truman says:
Anyone else notice that Universal appear to have stopped including iTunes digital copies with DVDs

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2013 17:23:52 BDT
D. Pugh says:
There doesn't seem to be anything being released by anyone at the moment with a decent (aka iTunes) digital copy now.

I tried to use a UV one when going away. Silly me. As I didn't have an internet connection abroad it wouldn't play. I'd downloaded it in England so it was on my iPad, but no, it needed a connection when I wanted to play it, so I couldn't watch it. I so hate UV. Bandwidth hogging, non-device-transferable, that can't be viewed on a TV.

Before anyone reminds me that I have the Blu-Ray, it isn't always feasible to watch it.

Triple Play box sets were ACE! Same price as just the Blu-Ray, and so many more options to view.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2013 13:41:12 BDT
The Rylander says:
I'd just like to say that i have HD copies in iTunes for Bourne Legacy, TED and Prometheus (i know it's crap).

Firstly they are 720p only and a lower bit rate so its nothing to write home about, it would look better on an iPad than an SD copy but worse on a TV than the blu ray.
Secondly the majority of times you get a SD copy, having just purchased a blu ray, which is somewhat insulting

For this reason when purchasing a blu ray I specifically look for non-3D blu rays with no dvd, no digital copy and no UV copy. I only purchase the combo pack if its cheaper, the same price, or the only version available.

Which I think was not rally what they were going for with this.

P.S. 3D is s**t, long live 2D 35mm film with 1080p digital home releases

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2013 22:43:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jul 2013 22:45:01 BDT
MadusMaximus says:
They're 1080p. Be sure you have it set to download 1080 in the preferences or it defaults to 720. You can re-download them in 1080 if you want too.

The option is under the "Store" tab in the preferences.

The "lower bit rate" falls into the "you don't say?" camp too. Of course they're lower bit rate, the files are a lot smaller. You'd be complaining that they're 30GB rather than lower bit rate if they were the same as the Blu-ray file. The quality isn't actually all that bad either at 1080p, it's the audio that suffers more than the picture to be honest, as you get a 5.1 DD track rather than 7.1 DTS-MA.

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 14:50:00 BDT
Truman says:
I thought every studio had now stopped doing iTunes digital copies in favour of UltraViolet, but Star Trek Into Darkness downloads through iTunes in HD:)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 15:40:27 BDT
D. Pugh says:
Excellent! May more come our way like this :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the high definition discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  3 Jan 2013
Latest post:  2 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions