Customer Discussions > headphones discussion forum

Headphones for a small head

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Nov 2011 16:20:12 GMT
Hi,

I am looking to buy my Mum some headphones for Christmas. The problem is, she has a very small head/ears, and any regular set of headphones are too big for her head!

I've looked at children's headphones, which should fit her head, but I'm not sure of how good the sound quality is and am put off by the limit to the volume on most children's headphones. I would ideally like some that are a kids size, but good sound quality/noise cancellation, without the volume limitations. She prefers over-the-head headphones, to in-ear earphones.

Can anyone recommend any headphones? To give an idea of how small her head is, some XS helmets are too big!

Posted on 24 Feb 2012 14:34:38 GMT
gins says:
Same did u find any?

Posted on 29 Feb 2012 10:47:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Feb 2012 10:50:07 GMT
MC Zaptone says:
The obvious answer (dependent on your price-range) would be to buy proper DJ headphones specially those with a split headband (they open up to hug the skull). If you think about it good DJ cans have to stay in place while the DJ bends over their equipment and record/cd collection. They also have to put them on and off quickly many times in an evening and need headphones that keep their shape.
Unfortunately, like everything in life you get what you pay for.
SENNHEISER HD 25-C-II would do the job.

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 11:56:51 BDT
My girlfriend Hollie has a small head - roughly the size of a child's bowling ball.

She has given up the hunt, and now sings to herself as suitable headphones not found.

Chris

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 17:29:37 BDT
https://dealcloud.co.uk/National/-9-for-iLeaf-noise-cancelling-earphones-value-30-/169008]

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 18:42:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2012 18:55:39 BDT
K. A. Newton says:
I bought 2 pairs of these as they fold up small for packing.

At the moment there seems to be some sort of check going on as someone claimed they were not how described.

I bought 2 pairs as I said and they are great.

I am the opposite to the lady needing small headphones as I need a bigger set to stretch over my head from ear to ear.

The metal bar over the head slides along to make itself longer or shorter. The picture of the headphones only shows the bar slid halfway, remember it slides along to either be double and half its length or single and provide a larger headphone that you would ever need.

When you fold them to put them away you slide the bar to its smallest size and there is a sort of hook and eye to keep them folded up.

I find the music and speech is perfectly acceptable through them. The length of lead is not too long but long enough to go from neck into clothing for use with an mp3 player.

Koss Porta Pro On-Ear Headphones Classic, for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black/Silver

You can still buy these new and used from Amazons sellers but there is a hold on buying from Amazon at the moment.

I bought these too as the headphones only have those thin foam rubber bits over the speakers and these add to your comfort.

StoreONE Earpads For Koss Porta Pro, Sporta Pro Headphones

Tricky to get on to the speakers but well worth the effort.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  1 Nov 2011
Latest post:  18 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions