Customer Discussions > headphones discussion forum

Wanted - bluetooth in-ear headphones with microphone to use for iPhone and Skype on PC

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Feb 2011 08:19:39 GMT
P. Alington says:
Does anything like this exist?

I want to get one pair of in-ear headphones with good quality sound, that will double up as a bluetooth headset for both iPhone audio and telephone, as well as bluetooth hook up to my PC for skype calls
Your reply to P. Alington's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 17 Feb 2011 10:32:24 GMT
KitSound says:
check out these Avantronics Stereo Bluetooth Headphones - Jogger

:)

Justin

Posted on 23 Feb 2011 11:18:53 GMT
S. Owadally says:
I use the Nokia BH-124 blutooth unit. It came witht he X6 so not sure where you can get it from (probably Nokia????) but it works brilliantly. Also you can plug any 3.5mm earphones/headphones into it so you can use good quality phones with it.
Works as a microphone, answer calls and control the music player from the unit.
Hope this is of a little help!
Sharif

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2011 12:48:27 GMT
P. Alington says:
Hi - that does sound ideal. However, I found a Sony Erricson unit - the MW600 - which is exactly what I needed. It arrived yesterday and so far is working brilliantly.

Thanks anyway for you advice

Posted on 23 Feb 2011 15:58:54 GMT
can these headphones work with blackberry storm 2 phones-my head set is damage and i am looking to replace.not an expert with these gadgets.will be greatful for any recommendation.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2011 11:21:59 GMT
slyest says:
Do you think is suitable to be used with a PS3 as a stereo headset? i don't like the single ear ones so i was considering pairing this one and use it as an headset for online games.

Thanks for your help

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 08:50:16 GMT
KitSound says:
Yes, they should be fine to pair to PS3 :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 08:52:49 GMT
KitSound says:
Yes - no problem. on blackberry storm 2

Most bluetooth products will work with most other bluetooth products. It is designed to be pretty universal. You do sometimes get the odd problem (like trying to use a Bluetooth keyboard on an andriod device)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 15:24:06 GMT
P. Alington says:
Note that these headphones DO NOT work with any PC running Windows 7 (don't know about earlier Windows versions). Sony do not make the drivers. The earpieces work, but the microphone does not. Do not buy this item if you want to use them for skype or other VoIP calls on your PC - they just don't work. Very poor show from Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 18:24:46 GMT
slyest says:
thanks for the info but i was more concerned about the ps3 since it will be the main use for this headphones, i use my skype on my mobile running android 2.2 so i should be ok for that.
Can i ask you a cheeky favour? could you try to pair it with a ps3 and give me (and others) some feedback on the microphone. it would be pointless to buy it if the mic doesnt work on a ps3.
Thanks for your help

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 21:02:56 GMT
P. Alington says:
Sorry - can't help on that - don't have a PS3! Try the Sony Ericsson technical service on their web site - they did reply promptly to my enquiry about W7

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 21:05:25 GMT
slyest says:
thanks anyway... i will give the tech help a go ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2011 11:19:18 GMT
Gustava says:
Microsoft removed the AD2P (audio Bluetooth) stack when the y upgrade from Vista from Windows 7 --dumb but true.
You can still make the audio work using a 3rd party Bluetooth stack. See: http://www.gearlog.com/2009/05/did_microsoft_cripple_bluetoot.php
Good luck,

Posted on 6 Mar 2011 10:51:31 GMT
Hello - had to pitch in with a couple of points:

First off:
SLYEST
Do not buy yourself some bluetooth headphones hoping for a full stereo sound output with voice chat! The ps3 has the connectivity built in, but sadly the current firmware builds only support audio for voice chat (i.e. your normal game audio will not be passed through headphones connected via bluetooth). Sadly this is an area where the PS3 is needlessly lacking, since all the Bluetooth 2.0 / A2DP tech is in place.

This is all the more annoying considering my bluetooth headphones recommendations (from someone who has in their time spent more on all types of headphones than I could ever comfortably admit to my wife):

Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
The Good:
The basic form factor of these headphones is exactly what you'd want from bt headphones - small in ear design, one cable (which in my year or so of using them NEVER once tangled) - job done.
Has an auto-connect on switch on feature so will re-connect to the paired device automatically.

The Bad:
Battery life is a relatively poor 2hrs (due to the teensy size and therefore battery).
Can only pair to one bt device at once, and has no memory of previously paired devices. meaning you need to go through the "input the access code" steps every time you want to re-pair to a second device.
Sound quality - good clear audio, and good bass reproduction, but seems somewhat "boxed in" or less expansive than a decent set of earbud headphones.
Mine fell foul of the dreaded "dead ear" issue, where one side stopped working - sadly this happened after about 9months and I'd lost the receipt so couldn't get a warranty repair.

Sony DR-BT160AS [currently not available on Amazon - though I bought mine through the site]
The Good
Excellent audio quality (noise isolating earbud design with over ear sport-style neck band).
Excellent battery life - easily upwards of 4hrs listening.
Full call / volume / track selection controls mounted on the unit for easy "hands free" operation
Can memory of previously paired devices.
Auto-pair to last paired device.
Can be paired to multiple devices at once (for example I could pair to my ipod touch and nokia phone, so I could listen to music while riding, but if a call came in the music would be automatically paused and the phone would ring (answered by button on the phones). Music resumes on call end - handy!
I've not experienced any fade in the battery life after over 2-3 years of owning them.

The Bad
Seriously only one issue and that's that they do make you look a bit like an extra from Star Trek - the functionality and more importantly sound has always won out for me though and I still regularly use them.

Google them, but there's a CNET launch article here:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10147624-1.html
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the headphones discussion forum (30 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  11 Feb 2011
Latest post:  6 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions