Customer Discussions > headphones discussion forum

New in-earphones needed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Mar 2011 09:15:17 GMT
Mj Ppotts says:
Hi all i would like to replace my earphones for my ipod but have no idea what to get, i am baffled with the technical stuff any ideas i want to spend up to 40 on a new pair of in-ears? Cheers

Posted on 29 Mar 2011 16:57:15 BDT
S. Graham says:
Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones - Black

I have a pair of these and I think they are excellent. As long as you use the right size of ear bud, you'll find they block out noise really well and have good sound quality, and they work so well with mp3 players - you don't need to have the volume anywhere near full. In general, I think if you pay around 20 for Sennheiser in-ear phones you'll be fine - there are variants with in-line volume controls and so on, so it depends what you need. I was advised to start with the smallest size ear buds and try them at mid volume and they've been great.

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 08:07:02 GMT
Ian says:
Can anybody recommend some sub 20 (and ideally sub 10) in ear headphones?

I need 2 pairs
- one of the ear-canal types with the rubber grommet to seal out the outside world (for my daughter)

and another pair of the older in ear type without the rubber seal (for me). I used to have a pair of Sennheisers with asymmetric wires so one cable sat around the back of your neck (really handy when you wanted to hear someone but didn't want to drop the headphones) but I can't remember the model number. The wires were also thick enough that they didn't get tangled all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 10:34:04 GMT
S. Graham says:
I've had these earphones for most of the year and I've been really impressed with the sound quality and comfort. The design is unusual - they go into your ear canal a little but are kept in place by an extra piece that sits in your ear itself. They were highly recommended by BBC classical magazine so I decided to try them out and have been very happy with them. Good price, too.
Cresyn C415E Black Half In Ear Headphones / Earphones - EXTRA BASS

Posted on 9 Dec 2012 13:15:27 GMT
Hi, It may just be me but I can't get along with in-ear phones at all. The ones that come as part of a package when say buying a Walkman / MP3 type of product always end up in the bin. They tend to be of very low quality, fall out at every chance and give absolutely no protection from ambient noise for me or others externally. There is a selection on A's site. Just enter 'small headphones' and pick a reasonably well known name within your budget. hi-fi it ain't but mid-fi it can be. If you have kids 'cable tidies' are a blessing to adjust variable wire lengths to suit you and them. Proporta do a set of 3 for 1.50 plus robbery of 1.95 p&p making them c. 1.15 each. Tom.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  24 Mar 2011
Latest post:  9 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions