Customer Discussions > headphones discussion forum

Headphones for electronic organ

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 May 2010 22:19:29 BDT
I need advise on the most suitable headphone for a powerful electronic organ. Traditional type msut have really good base response

Posted on 12 Jul 2010 14:50:03 BDT
KitSound says:
I have only just seen this, so aplogies for the delayed response.

if you have not found the headphones yet I would like to recommend the KitSound DJ (KSDJ) they have a great sound and a very good bass response.

Kind Regards
KitSound

Posted on 13 Jul 2010 23:21:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Oct 2010 16:07:20 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
The best headphones for most audio uses depending on your budget would be AKG K 701 - Headphones ( ear-cup ) @ 225 these are a give away. If you want something a little more bass heavy and a little less costly Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, Closed-Back Headphones Ideal For ENG & Professional Monitoring are my and the industry favourites all for under 150. Remember you get what you pay for and if you look after them they will perform for years.

The Kitsound DJ's are decent headphones.

Posted on 15 Jul 2010 21:38:50 BDT
KitSound says:
Dear Mr Williams,

I would welcolme you to have a listen to our headphones. They loved them at the Bristol hifi show earlier this year!

Where are you based?

Kind Regards
KitSound

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2010 16:08:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jul 2010 16:17:10 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
Kitsound

Thanks for the invitation! I live in South London.

My main requisites are as a professional DJ (bar not club), lightweight, closed swivel cup with the ability to keep dry, comfortable and non-peaky (I need good isolation and detail) over prolonged periods.
For home use: With a quality Arcam setup, jazz through to folk, americana & rock.

I have test driven many over the years and always come back to the HD-25's for overall comfort, detail and durability. The fact that each cup is unpluggable is a must for DJ's and has saved me on a few occasions when a soldered connection would have broken mid-set. As yours go under the DJ banner do they also feature this ability?

I would be happy to road test your cans, if you would like a professional opinion.

Thanks
MC

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2010 00:41:49 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
Well, it's been nearly 2 weeks KitSound - how about the courtesy of a reply.
Yours expectantly
MC

Posted on 10 Aug 2010 15:06:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Aug 2010 15:10:53 BDT
KitSound says:
Dear MC,

Sorry for the delay, I have been a little busy (and on holiday) of late and had missed your reply.

We do use a fixed connection on ours but a pretty strong one.

If you are willing to forgive them that, please contact me though www.kitsound.co.uk with your address and I will arrange for a pair to be with you asap..

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2010 15:33:13 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
Thanks Kitsound email on the way.
MC

Posted on 9 Sep 2010 20:59:47 BDT
T. Gardners says:
I'd recommend the Beyerdynamic dt 770 for exceptional sound quality, the Dt990 as an open structure may be what you need or the Tesla 1 (T1) which are the best headphones around, even though they are expensive. The hd-25 II's are good but I wouldn't think they sound as good as the price tag. But I've never tried the Kitsound headphones, but just by looking at the specifications, they are no better than koos or skullcandy. Even though they are rated good by a few customers , they are NOT appropriate for REAL djing.

Posted on 9 Sep 2010 21:00:37 BDT
T. Gardners says:
I'd recommend the Beyerdynamic dt 770 for exceptional sound quality, the Dt990 as an open structure may be what you need or the Tesla 1 (T1) which are the best headphones around, even though they are expensive. The hd-25 II's are good but I wouldn't think they sound as good as the price tag. But I've never tried the Kitsound headphones, but just by looking at the specifications, they are no better than koss or skullcandy. Even though they are rated good by a few customers , they are NOT appropriate for REAL djing.

Posted on 11 Oct 2010 09:49:46 BDT
KitSound says:
Dear T. never judge a book by the cover or a headphone by the spec!

M.C - I'm so glad you liked them and thank you very much for the review! http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R12AAUTVT6YNTC/

Mr Nagington - I do hope that you have managed to find a suitable pair of headphones for your budget and needs in the end!

Justin
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  4 May 2010
Latest post:  11 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions