Customer Discussions > gift idea discussion forum

amazon prime next day delivery a joke so wheres my item then

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 212 posts in this discussion
Posted on 16 Jan 2012 20:47:15 GMT
AM says:
In 'fairness' probably about 90% of the things I ordered last year came next day. Since I ordered over 60 items and most came next day then it was worth it for me.

Still, it is beyond annoying when things don't arrive next day. What if you were going on holiday or giving someone something for a present or needed it for a project/customer/whatever?!? Amazon don't consider this in their scripted customer service responses. You should get the service you pay for.

Posted on 31 Jan 2012 19:19:48 GMT
I've ordered a book on the prime free trial - I won't be that bothered if it doesn't turn up tomorrow but if it doesn't I will post the details here.

It only cost me £3.84 so I won't be too bothered, but I will contact Amazon if it doesn't arrive. Oh and by the way, do you have to sign for prime orders? It's only a book so I'm wondering if they'll just put it through the door?

Also, Amazon are using Royal Mail Tracked to send it through. Is that good?

Posted on 3 Feb 2012 14:43:24 GMT
Miss Ford says:
I have just signed up for the free trial of Amazon Prime and will certainly not be paying for the full service. Royal Mail has failed to deliver my parcel on time so signing up for the next day delivery has been a total waste of time. Amazon should work with more reliable delivery services if they are going to guarantee any kind of delivery date.

Posted on 3 Feb 2012 20:54:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Feb 2012 20:54:31 GMT
A. Flatters says:
This is a joke. I ordered Battlefield 3 yesterday. With a guarantee it will be delivered today. its now 9:00 PM, so thats a lie. If its not here tomorrow im cancelling the whole order and going to the shop instead.

Posted on 4 Feb 2012 15:59:55 GMT
I ordered a book from Amazon with the next day delivery and it arrived at 11am.

Good service, probably not going to use the £40 service though.

Posted on 14 Feb 2012 18:00:43 GMT
kierren says:
I did not receive my item although it was guaranteed for delivery today.

Posted on 18 Feb 2012 00:33:00 GMT
Mr. K. Lord says:
Amazon prime is AMAZING !! it works out at £4.16 a month £1.04 a week i have ordered over 30 items and have only had one item a day late!! Best idea amazon have had! will definitely be ordering prime membership - I love it!!! WISH they would do a monthly package instead of a yearly membership though!

Posted on 25 Feb 2012 09:10:24 GMT
morizot says:
Express delivery never again. Wanted my laptop delivered saturday. Website said guarantee saturday. Confirmation email said guarantee date saturday. Unfortunately contract is only binding when order is dispatched and the date was altered to Friday. package dumped outside back door slightly damaged. Again express delivery asks for goods to be signed for, no signature. This is a service I will never use again and I feel robbed for spending £8.99 for something that did not delivery as per 'guarantee'

Posted on 2 Mar 2012 20:33:27 GMT
James says:
Had this crap with HDNL. Emailed Amazon after 7pm when it became apparent it wasn't coming, only to find Amazon had a tracking update about "no access to property". Had a friend come over ten minutes before that went in the tracking log ; not a single vehicle blocking anything. Plenty of tales of them pulling this crap.

Posted on 9 Mar 2012 21:29:50 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Mar 2012 21:38:54 GMT
Geoff Carlin says:
"Amazon.co.uk guarantees One-Day delivery of items by the estimated delivery date. For Express delivery and Evening delivery guarantees please see their respective terms and conditions."

That's what it says in the fine print section of the one day delivery.

Well this certainly doesn't seem to be the case. I pre-ordered Mass Effect 3, which was released today, and it hasn't turned up. According to my emails it was dispatched yesterday. I would have been better going to Tesco's today and getting it. The problem is its not the first time this has happened. I'm not sure what I'm actually paying for now. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my Amazon Prime.

Posted on 10 Mar 2012 12:59:19 GMT
I have amazon prime and not only have they missed their guaranteed 9th March date it hasn't turned up today either. I'm amazed they have not used a courier.

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 13:51:59 GMT
Mike says:
I've been reading this since yesterday when I placed my order using the Amazon prime trial, so I thought I would post the outcome today.

The item was sent by 24h HDNL delivery and it arrived on time and in good condition. Altogether a good experience so far. I'm not saying all the other negatives this service has received aren't true but at least this is one example of a time Amazon prime has delivered on time.

Maybe it's because this time they didn't use Royal Mail? what a rubbish company they are, iv'e had bad experiences with them in the past, they need to get their act together.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 08:26:48 BDT
K H Liu says:
The Royal Mail delivery service is absolutely useless.

Whenever I get a despatch notification with the message that they are delivering I might as well hit the refund button as it will never arrive next day.

I work from home most of the time so stay in for deliveries before going to meetings. Invariably the postie will deliver the post with a card saying that they attempted delivery. Absolute rubbish (I will use the word bollocks - wonder if it gets censored?) and I have to wait and collect

Apparently this is regular behaviour so drivers don't have to make rounds to drop stuff off. So Amazon, seriously, next delivery that doesn't arrive next day, I want my Prime money back...

Posted on 13 Apr 2012 13:31:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Apr 2012 13:35:57 BDT
N. Cartmon says:
I ordered on a friday for amazon prime next day delivery, web had stated Next morning before 11am.. i was amazed this could happen so promptly paid. saturday morning came and went... i checked package via tracking it hadnt left amazon's own warehouse.. i was annoyed.. anyway monday came and went without it leaving the warehouse.. then tuesday citylink took hold of the item.. by friday citylink had phoned to arrange a delivery time.. monday following week.. item came but damaged, it looked like someone had been kicking it around a depot.. promptly returned to seller.. im still waiting a month later for my refund, spoke to them today and they "just" recieved the item back and it would take 3 weeks to service a refund. My advice? dont use amazon prime, if you do dont kick up a stink if your item comes a week late and damaged. there really is nothing for nothing. the trial is a sham. on a side note BBC Watchdog are interested in Amazon, it may be worth your time forwarding your complaints to them.

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 10:09:56 BDT
A. Deacon says:
I would like to say that I have been using Amazon Prime for over a year I have saved loads of money not paying postage on items. I must of spent nearly £20.000 on goods using it. At first items did come the next day but over the last 5 months about 60 percent of the goods I have ordered have arrived late and 40 percent has arrived on time. The obvious culprit Royal Mail delivering goods and very rarely a few items arriving late when they used HDNL.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 16:04:47 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 Jun 2014 14:07:06 BDT]

Posted on 6 May 2012 16:06:46 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 Jun 2014 14:07:07 BDT]

Posted on 6 May 2012 16:08:36 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 Jun 2014 14:07:09 BDT]

Posted on 21 May 2012 15:36:12 BDT
i only ordered my items due to their next day delivery, otherwise I would have went out and purchased from teh shop. the inconvenience this causes is unaceptable and a con... b interesting to know how many peoples turn up on time.....

Posted on 18 Jun 2012 16:07:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2012 16:13:35 BDT
We have had Prime for about 7 months. In that time we get maybe 3-4 items out of 5 next day (or monday) many items dented or damaged. One package looked like someone had ripped it open to see what it was (maybe they didn't want my bible?)
Very annoying when things don't turn up when promised especially if you select a certain item because it is prime elligable. Standard free delivery is usually 2-3 days.
The most annoying thing of all is when couriers have lied about no one being in or not being able to gain access.
My prime account expires in October and I'll be keeping track of what arrives when it should. If free delivery is 2-3 days I see no reason to pay so much for a service that often takes just as long but with the added frustration.
It's a real shame-I do alot of shopping and paying for next day was just fine with me-it just doesn't seem to work.
I'm willing the service to improve-if it does I will renew my account.

ETA: Books usually always arrive next day-no matter how late I order. It's everything else that sucks.
I ordered stuff last friday due to arrive today-dispatched early saturday. Royal mail tracked says it's just arrived in the south midlands. No chance of that hitting oxfordshire today. :(

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 23:32:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jul 2012 23:33:19 BDT
essercizi says:
I just took out a Prime free trial, and ordered a BluRay player and 3 discs on Saturday for "Guaranteed next day delivery" on Monday (which is fine, as they make it clear they don't deliver on a Sunday). The order despatch confirmations (it was split into two parts) both said "guaranteed delivery monday". Monday comes and goes. Nothing. Emailed Amazon who said they'd chase up HDNL. The player finally arrives mid-day tuesday, 1 day late. No sign of the discs - not even "out for delivery" - so they'll be at least 2 days late.
There's no point in a "guaranteed next day delivery" unless it's just that - I might just as well take pot luck with free super-saver, and risk having to pick it up - still better than wasting two days waiting in for something that doesn't arrive, and paying (if I was to upgrade my Prime trial) into the bargain. I can't see me upgrading my trial at this rate.
I note that the ASA upheld a complaint about this situation, and also the "one day after despatch" issue, on 23/05/2012, in which they said "We told Amazon to include clear qualification on pages which stated 'One-Day Delivery' that this referred to one day after dispatch. We also told them to remove the claim that the service was guaranteed, until this could be substantiated". It certainly doesn't look like Amazon have done anything about the "guarantee" ruling yet.

Posted on 5 Jul 2012 12:26:04 BDT
O. Ashcroft says:
The next day delivery is becoming a joke, the last 4 or 5 orders that have gone by Royal Mail have turned up 2 or 3 days later, and they haven't been sent as next day, as they used to be, but 1st class post...

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2012 14:49:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Jul 2012 14:52:20 BDT
S. Rogers says:
Just to chip in - most of my recent Prime deliveries have been late. I brought this up with customer service by pointing them at 3 places it states the delivery is guaranteed (when you choose the shipping method during your order, your order confirmation and the Amazon Prime help pages) - I got a response saying that next day delivery "is not guaranteed" and an implied "we don't care". Immediately cancelled my Prime renewal. Interesting point about the ASA complaint - orders are still claiming next-day delivery is guaranteed...

EDIT: Here's the complaint:

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2012/5/Amazon-EU-Sarl/SHP_ADJ_185626.aspx

It's not clear from the website how I add my own complaint for the same thing, or indeed report Amazon for not carrying out the suggested actions...

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2012 19:39:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jul 2012 10:06:14 BDT
essercizi says:
I've sent a query about this issue to the ASA, pointing out that Amazon still seem to be in breach of their ajudication, asking how long they give a retailer to comply, what the ASA do if they don't comply, and whether I should make a separate complaint. I'll try and update here when I get a response.

Edit: see later post for the response I got.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2012 13:02:10 BDT
Barkis says:
Here is the line that provides a no gurantee - guarantee:

Pasted from Terms and Conditions:

One-Day Delivery does not apply in the event of service interruptions or failures caused by events beyond Amazon.co.uk's control.

So when Royal Fail do not deliver they simply say that it's beyond their control.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the gift idea discussion forum (31 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  158
Total posts:  212
Initial post:  14 Oct 2010
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions