Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Oct 2012 22:21:26 BDT
Bit late now as already ordered. Looking for reassurance!! Have ordered 42 inch Tv for room 13' X 15'. Views?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2012 23:31:41 BDT
S. Mccaughey says:
Will be brilliant i used to have a 37 inch thought it was to big you soon get used to the size.Then i got a 50 inch, room is about the size of your room.you will love it. The man in the shop said u should always go for the larger size hence 37 to 50 and hes right. enjoy.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 22:08:52 GMT
John morris says:
Viking,

The correct distance you should sit from your t.v should be one and a half screen widths away,now of course in some cases people's rooms sizes this will not be possible.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 22:11:23 GMT
John morris says:
S. Mccaughey,

I agree with your point that as far a HD content is concerned then 42 inches and up is the way to go,but if you go to large and you are sitting to close then any benefit will be limited.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 23:25:17 GMT
S. Mccaughey says:
I agree.James cameron in an interview said he loves blu-ray and recommends sitting really close to get the screen to get the cinema effect.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 16:49:41 GMT
John morris says:
" I agree.James cameron in an interview said he loves blu-ray and recommends sitting really close to get the screen to get the cinema effect "

I would rather take a more scientific way than mr cameron suggesting that you sit to close to your screen.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 17:01:21 GMT
Actually cancelled the 42 and got a 37. Delighted with it. Size isn't everything as they say.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 17:08:02 GMT
John morris says:
Viking,

It's far more important to sit the correct distance away so you have made a wise choice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the full hd televisions discussion forum (12 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  9 Oct 2012
Latest post:  7 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions