Customer Discussions > food discussion forum

What did you have to eat today?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 117 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Mar 2012 19:58:21 BDT
pixie says:
I had miso glazed cod( pollock cos that's what i had in the fridge) roast veg and brown rice. What did you have? Is a traditional sunday roast ararity in your house or do you have it mid week?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2012 21:25:54 BDT
Roast pork,stuffing made with sausage meat,rich onion gravy,roasted new potatoes with rosemary salt, Vichy carrots,buttered sweet cabbage, followed bt y baked apples with cinnamon and sultanas....old fashioned but very very tasty.....as we speak the washing up still beckons.xx
Your reply to Cookingdiamond's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 5 May 2012 13:21:48 BDT
G OODFELLA says:
pizza why ?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 08:13:57 BDT
What kind?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 08:26:50 BDT
Delivered?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 08:46:32 BDT
Hi Kev
If you got it delivered did you get a deal? maybe a 2 Litre bottle of Coke and some shampoo or something.
Regards
B Unsenburner

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 08:49:11 BDT
Dear Carole
I noticed your blog was posted back in early April, have you done the washing up yet?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 20:10:29 BDT
Yes, I did that lot, but now tonight's is still waiting, any suggestions ?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2012 18:14:16 BDT
pixie says:
Yeah, get Las Bogas to do it!

Posted on 10 May 2012 21:55:05 BDT
Pan fried chicken with black pudding and smoked bacon with roasted wild garlic cloves in a white wine sauce with new potatoes, green beans and carrots followed by a fresh fruit scone (the size of a doorstop!) with jam and clotted cream and a seriously good latte - all courtesy of the wonderful chef at The Deepdale Cafe in Burnham Deepdale, Norfolk - absolutely fantastic!!! x
:o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o>

Posted on 11 May 2012 19:51:49 BDT
Pan fried chicken with black pudding and smoked bacon with roasted wild garlic cloves in a white wine sauce with new potatoes, green beans and carrots followed by a,.....fresh fruit tart with vanilla icecream,.....and a seriously good latte - all courtesy of the wonderful chef at The Deepdale Cafe in Burnham Deepdale, Norfolk - even more absolutely fantastic second time around!!! x
:o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o> :o>

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2012 20:13:04 BDT
Sounds just up my street, lovely!!

Posted on 11 May 2012 20:28:00 BDT
Heaven on a plate! :o>
Going back home tomorrow though :o<

Will try and squeeze in a red poll sirloin steak with beer battered onion rings and garlic mushrooms followed by sticky toffee pud from our fave pub - The Feathers in Dersingham - on way home if poss!

I just love holiday food! - did you know that all calories eaten in Norfolk, stay in Norfolk, Carole?
Well that's my story, and my elasticated waistbands never lie, they just get wider! and wider! and wider!......

How's the wedding shaping up? Got your hat yet?
Las Bogas is going to lend me his pork pie for my best friend's do in August.

x x x

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2012 21:34:22 BDT
I,m afraid that I,ve eaten too many good dinners and it shows, so finding it difficult to buy a great outfit, but heck, tomorrow's another day and I could lose a dress size by October if I really really try, but as all good foodies know, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride or some such cliche xx cheese on toast for supper xxx

Posted on 11 May 2012 21:48:38 BDT
Oh dear, extra big Bridget Jones knickers for you too then!

I could live without chocolate but couldn't live without cheese! - Pilgrims Choice Ex. Mature! - Mmmm!!!

Gotta pack,.....sigh,.....going home tomorrow. Gotta love you and leave you Carole - take care x x x

PS - Pixie is online too at mo, been chatting on - "How long to warm an oven?" - Catch you again soon.

Posted on 12 May 2012 06:13:56 BDT
Nothing yet I have just got up.

Posted on 12 May 2012 07:21:20 BDT
Gingerbread Porridge and a large bucket of industrial strength tea so far.
:o>

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2012 20:58:37 BDT
Did I miss something, have you been on holiday? Seems all good things come to an end too soon.. I,ll bake you a cake, how,s that lol carolexx

Posted on 12 May 2012 21:00:21 BDT
Oh yes, Norfolk, I knew that, silly woman that I am, well welcome home anyway suzie.

Posted on 12 May 2012 22:53:02 BDT
Thanks Carole!
Full on bingeing on last day - porridge was followed by red poll at The Feathers and tea but no pud as too full.

But not so full to eat - a large bacon and egg barm with tea, a banana followed by a large bag of chocolate brazils, an apple then a pot of tea with plumbread, then beans and cheese on toast and tea - and finally sat here with more tea, an Eccles cake and my last two brazils!

- And here ends my 'how much can you possibly eat in 16 hours' holiday confession!

Good grief, I've even managed to shock myself and I'm pretty unshockable! - Feeling bit sick too - wonder why? x

It was a very long journey home but that's no excuse!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 18:42:03 BDT
Good gracious, I don,t believe it( in victor Meldrew voice) I wish I could eat like that, but I,m the size of a small house already....

Posted on 13 May 2012 18:45:35 BDT
Moan,.....I never learn!
I've eaten so many choc brazils today - my eyes have gone oval and turned brown.
;o)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 19:17:01 BDT
Serves you right, I,m keeping that cake I made you for myself now!,

Posted on 13 May 2012 19:32:30 BDT
LADY 55 says:
Hmm are we supposed to eat ?? oh my i forgot lol..well had brekky does that count ?? veggy sausage n beans yummy ...

Posted on 13 May 2012 19:33:31 BDT
Oooooooh spoilsport!
You can't fool me! - you've eaten it already Carole!
Hmmm, I can see buttercream stains all down your boobtube and cake crumbs on your hotpants.
Be careful on those 12" heels now or you'll end up face down in your rhododendrons! x
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the food discussion forum (41 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  food discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  117
Initial post:  25 Mar 2012
Latest post:  7 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions