Customer Discussions > food discussion forum

What did you have to eat today?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-117 of 117 posts in this discussion
Posted on 5 Oct 2012 17:56:48 BDT
I had fried egg on toast for brekky,a chip buttie with tomato sauce lunchtime in morrisons cafei,'m not sure what i want for tea,just gunna have a cuppa and a bar of choccy for now till i make my mind up:0).

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 20:21:15 BDT
It's good to see you taking the 'five a day' seriously Linzy :)

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 20:26:00 BDT
Porridge with banana and honey.
Roasted Mackerel in herb butter with new potatoes. Apple & Blackberry Pie with Vanilla Icecream, and a Latte.
Heinz Tomato Soup with slices of Cheese & Onion Bloomer. Pineapple & Mandarins with Natural Yoghurt.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2012 20:29:16 BDT
pixie says:
What a feast!...just love Mackerel, bet it was lovely and fresh too!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2012 20:32:34 BDT
It was SO good, Pixie! I could live at Deepdale Cafe!
We have been 3 times now - and the food is wonderful!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2012 21:00:42 BDT
pixie says:
Makes you feel good when you have eaten great food.x

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 17:24:57 BDT
Had a lunchtime 'blow out' today. Our grandson has been staying with a friend down in Albufeira for the last week, so we thought we'd take them somewhere a bit different. Took them to Picanha Brasa, a Brazilian Rodizio, always good for hungry teenagers.
The idea is simple a selection of buffet style cold dishes, plus rice, black beans, baked bananas etc etc. Then the waiters come to the table with great hunks of meat on swords and slice off what ever you want, the outside is crispy and well cooked the inside as rare as you want. Then the meat goes back on the BBQ to carry on cooking. There were fourteen different cuts of meat from beef, pork, lamb, chicken, gammon, plus whole BBQ pineapples. There were three coach loads of people there. They got their food and meat from the counters buffet style, but we had a selection of hot dishes put on the table and one waiter to ourselves to keep a steady supply of meat. Even the boys were defeated. The meat beautifully cooked and each cut had a different marinade. All for 15€ a head.

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 17:45:31 BDT
pixie says:
I'm on my way happy!

took the woof out so took lunch too. Falafal in a pitta with lone star cole slaw...delish. Tonight asparagus and leek stir fry, roast salmon and brown rice...with lashings of wine, in a glass!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 17:52:10 BDT
WOW!!!......you lucky girl!

Well,......let's see? - today, I had,......
Cheddar - with Marmite, with Mango, with Chillis, with Lemon, with Ginger, with Garlic, with Cranberries, and with Tomato & Basil. I had Discovery and Worcester Pearmain Apple Juice. I had Pad Mee, Venison Burger and Wild Boar Sausage. I had Lemon Drizzle Cake (don't getting too excited, Roo, 'cos I've had Lemony-er), Bakewell Tart, Norfolk Apple Cake, Violet & Blackcurrant Macaron and Spicy Nutty Brittle. I had Multiseeded Rye Bread with Chilli Oil drizzle, Brays Pork Pie, Norfolk Honey, Jerk Chicken, and a Bonda. And Smoked Eel Pate, some Strawberry & Gooseberry & Champagne Compote, Vegan Roast Vegetable Tart and a handful of Habas Fritas......YUMMY!!! :o>

Ohhh, and for late lunch I had a Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Baguette followed by a Rose, Pistachio & White Chocolate Cheesecake, and a Hot Chocolate! - with a flake! - and marshmallows!......!!!

And for tea? I've just squeezed in a small piece of Rose & Pistachio Meringue with Raspberry Sorbet too!!!

So?!!......all in all, it was a very, very, very good day for taste-testing at Creake Abbey Food Market!!! :o>

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 17:52:43 BDT
Don't think I could eat any more today, but I was driving so didn't have any wine at lunchtime, so I shall be opening a bottle this evening.

The only odd thing, is that I usually cook something a bit interesting on Saturday night, rather than the usual grab something from the freezer. I feel quite cheated because I really look forward to doing it all.

I shall make a pudding as we were too full to eat any at lunchtime, and by late evening I expect we'll start investigating the fridge to see what we can find.

The Marmelos ( Quinces) are just coming into season, so I'll make a pie with them. We can't get cooking apples but quinces are a good sudstitute. They have a lovely fragrant smell as well as a bit of tang. Mind you it's like trying to peel a concrete apple they are so hard.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 19:05:48 BDT
pixie says:
I know what you mean! No matter how much I have enjoyed my eating "out" meal I feel I havce been robbed if I am unable to cook on a saturday night! daft but that's how it is! Sounds like you have had a fab day though..grandson and eating out and no washing up...Result!

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 19:13:13 BDT
Brekky: Cream cheese on half a seed roll, with 2 gourds of mate.

Lunch: a beer at my Russian friend's place, with a serving of her "covered anchovies" ie a dream of a Russian layered salad with anchovy in the bottom. Dessert at home, a banana with peanut butter.

Dinner: Madhi Dal over rice with a side of mixed greens, and then some camembert-type cheese on a rice cake.

Fruit has been conspicuous by its absence today, aside from my fresh-lemon-squeezed-in-water before brekky. I'm supposed to have fruit snacks between meals but I forget.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 22:51:57 BDT
I thought that Happy, but you put it very succinctly, haha.xx

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 22:59:00 BDT
Good gracious Suzy, you,ll explode.xx, I thought I was miss piggy, but I hand the crown over to you, I just cannot compete.xx

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 23:14:42 BDT
I,mnot a huge fan of fruit Orinoco, but I believe veggies are better for you anyway. Do you find it hard sometimes to get your full quota, I know I do.
Today I had wholegrain toast for breakfast, a sausage sandwich for lunch and restaurant curry this evening, not a veggie in sight, just some bits of peel in my lemon rice, does that count. I can,t always find room for the extras like fruit and veg. I had wine, is that one of my five a day??xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2012 00:29:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Oct 2012 00:31:08 BDT
HA HA HA!!!.....We are only talking very tiny samples as taster pieces, Diamond! - honestly!!! :o>

Ohhh, and the wine? - five a day???!!!.......Well, as it's you - it counts!......x...x...x

Posted on 7 Oct 2012 08:56:52 BDT
Diamond, I just forget to eat the fruit. I love it, but I get distracted. I am glad oranges etc will soon be in season here, they are not "noisy" to eat like apples etc and my students won't mind if I eat an orange or a clementine in class. I don't suppose they'd mind at all (when you say things like "It's time for my fruit" some will assume you're diabetic, which I'm not) but I don't like crunching away while trying to give a conversation class.
In the 80s the Frugal Gourmet was saying how a glass of (red) wine a day is good for your heart. Spanish people have always known this! So yeah, at least one of those five a day!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the food discussion forum (41 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  food discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  117
Initial post:  25 Mar 2012
Latest post:  7 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions