Customer Discussions > food discussion forum

I like Blue Cheese

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 10:43:40 GMT
Ivor!!!!! Did you have any particular old women in mind????? Nanny bot has obviously not come across that little endearment has she???Xxx

Posted on 26 Nov 2013 00:01:16 GMT
Grandma says:
Speaking of blue, last year when I visited the UK I smuggled home a half-wheel of Stilton. (Talk about extended heaven!) Well, I was in the co-op a couple of days ago, home of one of the most extensive cheese selections in all New England. They had some Stilton. The teeniest little wedge was almost $10! I almost choked.

Do try Saga Blue if you get the chance - it is Brie-ish but with Blue. Lovely, lovely.

Posted on 22 Jun 2013 16:43:33 BDT
H is a blue cheese lover, but he's a bit picky, doesn't like the usual ones. His favourite is Cambozola, followed by Bresse Blue, which of course are like gold dust out here. I'm convinced he does it on purpose just to make sure I check out all the shops. Bougfht some Bavaria blue this week, but it's more like Danish blue. This coming week is a hospital week and there is a shop nearby that has a good range so with luck I'll be able to get something that will pass muster.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2013 17:45:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2013 17:46:51 BDT
pixie says:
Very quaint!

You learn something every day...didn't realise you were such an expert on both!

Posted on 3 Jun 2013 16:13:19 BDT
ivoor says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2013 12:01:28 BDT
pixie says:
That sounds delish John!

Posted on 2 Jun 2013 18:29:21 BDT
Dolcelatte (or your favourite blue) and thick Greek yoghurt, little squeeze of lemon, pinch of salt, grind of black pepper, whizzed to a consistency of your liking, coarse or smooth, in the FP. It couldn't be easier or more gorgeous. Use it as a sauce on the side with anything from steak to hard boiled eggs, or mix things in it to make a salad, like new potatoes or fagioli beans or artichoke hearts. I'm drooling now. Greek yoghurt doesn't mask the flavour like cream does and it's lower in fat.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2013 15:39:46 BDT
Bearman says:
Glad to hear that I'm not the only person to have eaten blue cheese at breakfast - a nice strong gorgonzola or Torta di Dolcelatte is lurvelly on hot butter toast.

Posted on 20 May 2013 08:40:16 BDT
I remember thinking "blue cheese" would actually be blue on the outside when my dad first told me about it (I must have been about 6 or 7 then). When I moved to Spain at 20, I developed quite a taste for it! It's scrummy on toasted ciabatta for brekky...but do brush after!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2013 16:50:21 BDT
whelks ..cockles..mussels.. crab..jellied eels.. mmmm drool! leave out the cheese tho stintoto.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2013 12:50:32 BDT
Bearman says:
No thanks - I am trying to give them up

Posted on 29 Apr 2013 20:22:53 BDT
What about Lime Green Cheese & Whelks?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2013 21:02:36 BDT
Grandma, what a little treasure you are, that sounds like a really good idea for supper, or lunch.

Posted on 15 Apr 2013 19:57:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Apr 2013 19:57:36 BDT
Grandma says:
I have a passion for steak and blue cheese myself, but what I usually do is slice the steak, then place it over some mixed salad greens with perhaps a bit of cucumber & or red onion garnish, then douse the whole thing in a blue cheese vinaigrette. Put a generous teaspoon of dijon-style mustard in a container with a lid (so you can shake it), add salt & pepper to taste, about 1/4 cup good wine vinegar and 2-3 times as much good olive oil along with a very generous amount of crumbled blue cheese. Put the lid on and shake like the dickens. It will keep for a week or two in the fridge if you can leave it alone long enough.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2013 12:52:14 GMT
Scarlet Lady says:
It was PIX!!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2013 16:51:31 GMT
pixie says:
Scrummmmmdicious!!!x

Posted on 26 Mar 2013 14:14:24 GMT
Scarlet Lady says:
Today's treat was White Ciabatta, red Pesto, Rocket, Mozerella, Anchovies, Olives and Tomatoes toasted. Nearly took my fingers off it was so tasty.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2013 13:09:43 GMT
Scarlet Lady says:
My confession - Lunchtime I have taken to having white Ciabatta , with Mustard, Rare Roast Beef, Rocket and Stilton - Toasted. Cost is 4.00 from the staff restaurant.... Yumzer!!

Posted on 25 Mar 2013 13:44:34 GMT
... says:
Many thanks Pixie, I shall certainly try that the next time I've got a slab of beef in front of me.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2013 16:36:02 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Mar 2013 16:36:38 GMT
pixie says:
You need a couple of shallots and a nice knob of butter to cook them in so you chop the shallots and cook in the butter in a pan without colouring them. Mix in about 5-6 oz of blue cheese (Roquefort is nice) make a sort of smoothish mush, add about a cup of cream and mix well...heat til nice and hot but don't boil! Add some black pepper and taste.

Initial post: 22 Mar 2013 09:59:44 GMT
... says:
YEs I do, having steak tonight and usually have a large amount of it crumbled over the top but I'd quit elike to try and make a sauce so I can have a consitant blue cheesey flavor all over.

Anybody able to give me some pointers on what I'd need to do to make a blue cheese sauce?

Muchos Cheesy thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the food discussion forum (41 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  food discussion forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  22 Mar 2013
Latest post:  10 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions