Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Whats everyone reading ?? Im stuck on what to read next.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 164 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2013 19:10:38 GMT
chattykat says:
I have just finished No Time For Goodbye by Linden Barclay. If you like really good thrillers this is for you! I could not put this book down once I started it and was hooked from page one. I highly recommend this Author his stories are full of twists and turns.

Posted on 13 Mar 2013 19:34:21 GMT
Two of the best books I have read recently are 'Me Before You' - JoJo Moyes and 'You Had Me at Hello' - Mhairi McFarlane. I usually go for thrillers, but this was a really enjoyable diversion for me. (Get the tissues ready!)

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 00:07:24 GMT
Alys Always by Harriet Lane is good so is The Burning Air by Erin Kelly.
If you want something different, City Of Thieves by David Beniof is a great read.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak will stay with you for a long time.

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 15:14:52 GMT
L. J. Gordon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 15 Mar 2013 18:14:14 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 16 Mar 2013 03:46:29 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2013 18:54:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Mar 2013 19:04:27 GMT
I Readalot says:
I would be interested to know why you are pushing this particular book, it really looks like you have a connection to the author. Posting it in one thread is understandable but how many have you spammed now?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2013 19:50:16 GMT
chattykat says:
Did not know others have recommended this book! I read it some time ago and really liked it!

Posted on 15 Mar 2013 21:57:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Mar 2013 22:00:06 GMT
anndee says:
I recently finished reading The Sea Detective by Mark Douglas Home . It's his first book and its set in Edinburgh and the west coast of Scotland . Reviews are very good and he has another book coming out soon set in Ullapool. Excellent read.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 08:13:39 GMT
Anna says:
The night circus is brilliant.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 12:28:59 GMT
rosewriter says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 13:10:52 GMT
Ilovebooks says:
Have you read the Book Thief -it's a brilliant book. Also I would recommend anything by Sebastian Fawkes. It depends what kind of genre you like. If you want a love story that has a bit of depth, try One Day. I enjoyed all the books by David Nicolls - Starter for Ten is set in a university - that might suit you right now.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 18:02:29 GMT
I Readalot says:
Promoting your own book is only allowed in the MOA Forum. Read the Important Announcement from Amazon.

Posted on 17 Mar 2013 09:13:51 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Mar 2013 09:14:46 GMT]

Posted on 18 Mar 2013 13:52:36 GMT
Uncle Bryn says:

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2013 18:47:07 GMT
Any book by Diane Chamberlian.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 20:32:21 BDT
chubbagrubb says:
Just finished War's Last Dance by Julia Underwood which was good- and if you are interested in Shakespeare and romance Love's Will by Meredith Whitford is fantastic!

Posted on 6 Apr 2013 23:39:09 BDT
KB says:
Just read this book of short stories that was quite good "The twilight passage" The Twilight Passage and Other Stories

Posted on 7 Apr 2013 01:11:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Apr 2013 01:24:00 BDT
Currently I'm reading 2 different translations of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, I love it - i'm sure it's the best novel ever written. The Man Who Laughs and The Hunchback of Notre Dame are a couple more of his masterpieces, and if you want to read the story that was eventually written into Jean Valjean's character have take a deeks at Claude Gueux.

Other books on my kindle app include The Life and Opinions of Tristam Shandy, Gentleman by Lawrence Sterne, The Lady With the Dog and Other Stories by Anton Pavlovich Checkhov, History of Tom Jones, a Founding by Henry Fielding and Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens.

The last book i bought and read (RE-read as i read it many many times before) was Up the Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman.

Posted on 9 Apr 2013 06:53:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Apr 2013 07:01:30 BDT
A couple of authors I've discovered recently that I would highly recommend are Eric Christopherson and Phil Martin. They both have excellent suspense thrillers available on kindle for less than 2.
Frame-Up and The Prophet Motive: A Cult Thriller by Eric Christopherson are stand alone stories.
Child No. 3 (The Little Girl Lost trilogy) and Female No. 2 (The Little Girl Lost trilogy) by Phil Martin are soon to be followed by the final part of the trilogy according to the author's website.
I would also recommend the 6 book Justice series by Mel Comley starting with Cruel Justice (Justice series (Book #1)).
I also recently enjoyed The Back Road by Rachel Abbott, the author of the excellent Only the Innocent.
All the above are available on kindle or any of the various kindle apps at great prices.

Posted on 9 Apr 2013 18:51:03 BDT
Alex says:
Twenty-something by Paul L'Estrange. A really good insight into a 23 year old guy's mind as he lives an adventurous life on the backpacking trail trying to get laid all the time. Definitely interesting and all real life!

Posted on 9 Apr 2013 19:11:15 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2013 23:48:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Apr 2013 23:51:42 BDT
TomC says:
Please do not use these discussion forums to promote your own book. It is both unwelcome and against Amazon rules. From the "Important Announcement from Amazon":

"Starting on December 15, 2011, all "shameless self-promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community."

Put your spam in the "Meet Our Authors" forum. That's what it's for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/meet%20our%20authors

PS: I read the preview. 3/10 - and that's charitable.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2013 00:22:29 BDT
Elizabeth says:
A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole, or J.R. Ward: Black Dagger Brotherhood series. (paranormal romance with a difference).

Posted on 10 Apr 2013 03:54:56 BDT
Cuica says:
I've been working through the 'Greek Village Series' by Sara Alexi, which offer a thought provoking new slant on Greek village life.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2013 12:46:34 BDT
I can make a suggestion if you like. Read Passage: The Making of an American Family By John Schissler Jr, Published by Xlibris, 2009. It is one of those books that stays with you. I recently reviewed it so if you want me to send you a copy drop me a line douglasbrough at yahoo.co.uk and ill send it to you. If you are on Facebook the review is in the Hidden History Book Club or failing that if you want the authors details please say and ill pass them on to you
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon.UK
415 20 May 2014
Come on - why don't we write our own book right here in the fiction forum ? I'll do the first sentence, and then jump in....hold on, here we go... 8881 1 hour ago
What are you reading now? Continues here... 166 1 day ago
Reviews- How many stars make a troll? 14 1 day ago
Kids books that are arguably wasted on their intended audience. 23 1 day ago
What is the saddest book you have ever read? 886 1 day ago
Hitler - Fiction books 2 2 days ago
Looking for a book - May have rock & roll in the title 0 4 days ago
Georgette Heyer Alternatives 67 4 days ago
Come on - why don't we write our own book right here in the fiction forum ? The sequel. 122 4 days ago
Book set in a village in South Wales - help! 2 6 days ago
What are you reading now, list and chat 345 6 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  119
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  19 Dec 2012
Latest post:  8 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions