Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Recommends for chick lit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 83 posts in this discussion
Posted on 8 Mar 2011 21:51:19 GMT
LizzieB says:
Can I take my cue off S Downing and also cheekily suggest my own, In The Past Imperfect, especially if you like the original queen of chick-lit, Miss Austen herself.

Posted on 22 Jul 2011 11:32:06 BDT
country-girl says:
I really love Victoria Connelly's books - they're gentle rom coms and they always have beautiful settings like Lyme Regis (The Perfect Hero). Also love Sophie Kinsella - she always makes me laugh out loud. And Deborah Wright too.

Posted on 22 Jul 2011 12:30:33 BDT
Might I offer up a wonderful author who has a couple of books out, so if you like one, there's another waiting in the wings to read. Sibel Hodge has My Perfect Wedding (Romantic Comedy) and Fourteen Days Later (Romantic Comedy)

enjoy and happy reading

Posted on 4 Mar 2012 08:27:02 GMT
TeePee says:
I would recommend; Lucy diamond, Paige toon, Lindsey kelk, Jennifer wiener, lauren weisberger, Marian Keyes, Sophie kinsella. May fave is Emily Barr. She is chick lit with a twist.

Posted on 4 Mar 2012 12:25:06 GMT
Frank Mundo says:
Sarah Pekkanen is a fairly new chick lit author The Opposite of Me in the US.

Posted on 4 Mar 2012 12:51:58 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 1 Apr 2014 08:30:33 BDT]

Posted on 4 Mar 2012 13:25:07 GMT
mandy says:
Trisha Ashley's books are great. Several of the authors mentioned above can be followed on Facebook and/or Twitter - with links to other authors, books etc.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 19:11:10 GMT
N. Young says:
Try "Make a Joyful Noise" by Jenny Worstall. It is a deliciously light romantic novel, based around the various exploits of members of a choir. A thoroughly good read!

Posted on 5 Mar 2012 16:46:59 GMT
Love to shop says:
The Waitress by Melissa Nathan, in fact *any* of her books are a cracking chick lit read.

I've only enjoyed A Summer Fling by Milly Johnson, her others I'm not too keen on.

I absolutely loved Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Her best book by far.

Posted on 5 Mar 2012 22:39:08 GMT
PookieHayes says:
Cathy woodman, Claudia Carroll, milly Johnson, Melissa hill, Sophie kinsella, the church mister series by jo carnigie. Lucy Ann Holmes all fab chick lit writers

Posted on 6 Mar 2012 13:51:58 GMT
Nessa says:
Surprised nobody has mentioned Monica McInerney or Kate Morton...both excellent. For a really fun read try Holly Denham's book Holly's Inbox and it's sequel..Hilarious!!

Posted on 6 Mar 2012 16:53:40 GMT
Damn! I wrote a chick lit and I can't tell you about it! What's your fave type of stories???

Posted on 6 Mar 2012 17:37:51 GMT
I didn't write chick lit, but people say it is. :-(

Posted on 6 Mar 2012 18:09:31 GMT
If you like chicklit you may like this: [Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World's Most Coveted Handbag]Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World's Most Coveted Handbag BY Tonello, Michael(Author)Hardcover

I read it on a plane from New York and it's the perfect light read. Fascinating story (not fiction!) - it even has a very sweet romance thrown in.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:54:03 GMT
Barbara says:
Kate Fforde, Jane Green, Marian Keyes, Lisa Jewel,Cathy Kelly, Sheila 0'Flannagan, maeve Binchy among others are my favourite Authors, hope this is of help

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:59:59 GMT
Barbara says:
I loved PS I Love You but couldn't get into her other books

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 19:54:16 GMT
Love to shop says:
Why the :( Stella? You write someone people enjoy reading, so you should be feeling :) surely?

;)

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 21:14:51 GMT
True. It's chick lit style, but not straight chick lit. Not at all. And yes, people enjoyed it.

Might try pure chick lit one day. Since I love reading it, might be fun to write it, too. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 23:31:35 GMT
Love to shop says:
I love it (reading and writing it), especially when the world seems full of nasty things happening, it takes me away from it for a while and into an alternative world.

Cue Twilight music...

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 01:17:22 GMT
Bookworm says:
She's only had one book out but I loved "Cougars by Claire Irvin" And I can't believe nobodys mentioned them, sinead moriairty and jane fallon :) Lots more suggestions but lets see how you get on with those.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2012 11:12:06 GMT
Yep, it's light, something to giggle with and one can forget about all the cares in the world for a while. That's a nice thing and probably why it's so popular.
I have to say that I tend more towards literary fiction now, but I inbetween I need to go back to chick lit. My friend just sent me a few books: Mike Gayle (love him), Milly Johnson (I bought it for her) and an author I haven't heard of: Jill Shalvis.
Wasn't too impressed with Milly's book, An autumn crush, the editor in me screamed right in the beginning, but I'll give it a go again.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 11:19:07 GMT
Love to shop says:
The book I read of Milly Johnson's was all mixed POV, not normally crafted scene by scene but all over the place. It took a bit of getting used to. Are all her books like that?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2012 11:20:28 GMT
Love to shop says:
I popped to look at your profile and it says you write dark Gothic stories?

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 11:21:40 GMT
No idea. It was the first I bought. The cover attracted me and normally, what I like, my friend likes too, when it comes to chick lit. I started reading it on the plane.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 13:40:46 GMT
PookieHayes says:
I really enjoyed the Yorkshire pudding club by Molly Johnson I have also read here come the girls wasn't too keen on that one.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  5 Nov 2010
Latest post:  30 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions