Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Read any good erotica? Or maybe you've written some yourself?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 120 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2012 20:19:16 GMT
carocaro says:
A classic clough03 but only paper versions no one has kindled them to ereaders yet. Why not?

Posted on 28 Dec 2012 20:09:12 GMT
I'll certainly have a look at your facebook page in a moment or two but would like to suggest , Portia Da Costa, Emma Hope, Juliet Hastings and many other writters who are published by Black Lace.

One thing I will add is that I am fed up of seeing "If you loved Shades of Grey etc. ...." quoted on books. If I hadn't already read other books by an author that phrase would put me off reading a book. I could not get into "Shades ...." It was, well trite, boring, badly characterised. In short, I LOATHED IT!

Sorry about the rant.

Posted on 28 Dec 2012 18:52:24 GMT
clough03 says:
Ann rice- the claiming of sleeping beauty is the first of a 3 book series. could be a good read for some people.

Posted on 28 Dec 2012 15:09:47 GMT
Leesha McCoy says:
Brilliant idea - Liked!

Posted on 28 Dec 2012 12:30:25 GMT
Jo Blackwell says:
Hi there. Not sure whether we are "allowed" to post on here as a publisher, so apologies if we are breaching etiquette, but we wanted to let you guys know about a new imprint - www.xbooksonline.com - that is making previously published erotic novels (with rights reverted back to the authors) available as ebooks, and ask for some feedback.

The first 3 titles are out now: Pleasuring Pamela (Xbooksonline.com), Liberating Lydia (Xbooksonline.com) both by Nina Sheridan, and Whispered Secrets (Xbooksonline.com) by Kay Cavendish.

They are priced at £1.92 and we would be interested to know if you feel that this is fair? We hope some of you might be interested in buying and reviewing ;-) We'll be looking for more authors in 2013, so if you had erotic novels published by Little, Brown's XLibris, Liaison by Hodder Headline or Virgin (as was) Black Lace and the rights have reverted back to you, please get in touch via the website: http://www.xbooksonline.com/contact.php

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2012 10:37:02 GMT
I have written erotic stuff and read it and all I know is if you want to sell on the internet, put SLAVE in the title, even if it crap, it will sell!

Posted on 17 Dec 2012 07:56:06 GMT
Mike Nach says:
Hey Guys! I have written an unusual erotic, vampire ebook on Indian vampires- a romance between a teenage boy and a vampire. My book contains details of graphic sex, satanic evocations and it's dangers as well as a gory vampire ritual carried out in a temple situated in a cremation ground. Please read this bookand review it. It's only $0.99. The title and URL of my books is `ACCURSED LOVE-SEDUCED BY A VAMPIRE' by Mike Nach http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A7WUUEW

Posted on 17 Dec 2012 00:14:14 GMT
carocaro says:
MollyM..google Goodreads and go to sign in. You will be asked to set up your profile page, keep it to a minimum as you can add later. When signed in you get a my books section etc. Put in groups like erotica or BDSM or KINKY world...info comes up. I'm in two and find BDSM group, really nice people, brilliant, nothing scary about them. Respectful and fun. It is a private group and information is for group members only not public whereas Kinky world is public. Tiffany Reiz books are on the New Year list. Lots of our writers of our genre interact too. If you sign in let me know and name under I can show you my book shelves and how to set up.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 23:33:47 GMT
Harris LBB says:
carocaro...I'd love to but...holds head in shame...I can't find it. Bit of a dunce at the internet. Any chance of a link? Then I'll be there. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 23:26:58 GMT
carocaro says:
Hi MollyM...have you been and looked at the groups on Goodreads yet? Our group and others are just setting up reading challenges and interests for the New Year. Great Fun.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 23:04:24 GMT
Harris LBB says:
I agree, carocaro. Surely in any discussion group both readers and writers are part of that. Okay, some authors are going to post blatant promos...but then some readers are going to post biased comments. We agree with some, not with others. All part of the rich pattern of life, and literature. Just my opinion. Anyway, love a heated discussion lol

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 20:35:25 GMT
carocaro says:
Agreed Leslboo...now even if a writer posted this for general use...if not happy as a reader allowing writers to say when the title asks then perhaps the reader that isn't happy should stay away or not complain when writers post!

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 20:28:23 GMT
Leslboo says:
I've not read all the posts here but I'm a reader but I agree with the writers ie the second question in the thread does invite writers for their comments - just saying lol x

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 17:17:46 GMT
carocaro says:
Yes Mags I agree some good stuff written by Tiffany.

I'm just reading Kayla Stone...see how it goes.

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 16:58:19 GMT
mags says:
Can I suggest "the siren" "the Angel" "the prince" 3 full books by Tiffany Reizs.... part way through book 2 and I can wait to find out what happens next Maggie

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 16:56:46 GMT
mags says:
Can I suggest "the siren" "the Angel" "the prince" 3 full books by Tiffany Reizs.... part way through book 2 and I can wait to find out what happens next Maggie

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 16:40:46 GMT
Marand says:
I agree Ethereal. This is supposed to be a readers forum. Even if Amazon did have some way of rooting out the replicated promo postings, it wouldn't help. If every SP author was to be permitted even one post a week the forums would soon be deluged with promos. The solution is to make MOA more attractive to readers but unfortunately I can't see how that can happen. The majority of authors are only interested in promoting and don't otherwise engage in discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 14:17:38 GMT
Ethereal says:
"they are mainly about a favourite pastime namely reading... true?"

I think that's where many here would disagree when authors promote - they are not primarily interested in reading but selling their own wares!

Am I not always a peacemaker? Well, maybe I have lapses ...

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 14:13:54 GMT
carocaro says:
Oh Ethereal - best I can suggest for peace all round - seasonal spirit showing;)
Each of the discussion sites and threads have differences and that is what makes them appealing and interesting when having a few minutes spare and after all they are mainly about a favourite pastime namely reading... true?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 14:02:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Dec 2012 14:08:29 GMT
Ethereal says:
Maybe better to accept Az and GR differences, that promos even when requested and this forum don't really mix, and instead encourage interested readers to visit MOA more ... best I can suggest for peace all round! Different websites should be distinct or there wouldn't be any point having two and those who prefer one to another have that choice.

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 13:44:28 GMT
carocaro says:
I agree to a certain extent and certainly don't want to go back to fly posters but neither do I like the ne'er the twain shall meet. On GR's in the groups I frequent linked to adult literature we have no or virtually no problems. Each is welcome to chat and a comment of a book if relevant by a writer has led me to a lot of good books i wouldn't have seen or heard of. Sadly, very few bother chasing to find out from the MOA so it isn't much use. If Ammy had a way of noting and deleting repeat posts that are identical it would solve much of the problem...or at least cause writers to be inventive to circumnavigate that one. I enjoy chatting with them generally. I accept them commenting here as the question asks for their responses and I suppose those that don't like should avoid such open threads.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 12:57:36 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 16 Dec 2012 12:58:22 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 12:27:02 GMT
Ethereal says:
I don't think Az is moderated to that extent either, just automatic software to pick up certain words and respond to customer complaint and abuse button.

I don't think it does authors good to be encouraged to flout their rules either as it can result in a ban.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 11:33:24 GMT
Anita says:
No, it is not okay.

Big bro does not track these forums and does not remove threads, unless reported. Check out the 'Internet: good or bad' thread on this very forum. It's still here, but it does not mean it's okay. If every wannabe writer starts his or her promotional thread at wish and against the rules, the forum will be dead rather sooner than later.

Well, maybe it's okay for you. Definitely not for me, sorry

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2012 11:05:58 GMT
carocaro says:
In general true Anita...but this actually asks or maybe you have written some yourself and as it hasn't been wiped by big bro then one has to presume it is ok for any erotica writer to answer said question be it the fiction forum or not!
It's the other threads that get posted when not relevantly entitled that they should be sent to bed with sore ears:)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  120
Initial post:  12 Oct 2012
Latest post:  26 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions