Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Religious Thrillers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-35 of 35 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 16:53:26 BDT
S Young says:
UK crime thriller called THE DECALOGUE (by Mark Pettinger) uses the Ten Commandments as a plot - its a bit tenuous to your 'religion and religious conspiracy'; but give it a go

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 15:55:40 BDT
Would second the recommendation for C.J Sansom. You might have already read them, but 'Sanctus' and 'The Key' by Simon Toyne fall into this genre too.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 15:24:16 BDT
Ring of Tabor

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 22:10:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jul 2012 22:11:09 BDT
JW says:
A couple I remember reading and enjoying in the late 90's are The Miracle Strain by Michael Cordy (this is the same book as The Messiah Code by the same author - it was re-titled for some reason) and The Genesis Code by John Case.

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 15:40:36 BDT
Books by
Glenn Cooper, start with The Library of the Dead
Andy McDermott
Matthew Reilly
Valerio Massimo Manfredi
Steve Berry

As you can see I rather like this genre myself!

Posted on 30 Jun 2012 21:07:28 BDT
I Readalot says:
Katherine Neville published a book called 'The Eight' back in the 80's, which revolves around a chess set. It is much better than most of the more recent thrillers written in this vein and as you can see pre-dates them by a few years. A couple of years ago a sequel 'The Fire' was published, not quite as good as 'The Eight' but definitely worth reading.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 20:00:54 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
Sounds a bit as if your taste is for the Dan Brown type thrillers, in which case there are many (too many) books that have jumped on the "Da Vinci Code" bandwagon. However, if your taste leans towards historical novels, C. J. Sansom's "Shardlake" novels have quite a lot of religious background and are well worth reading (again, there have been numerous, generally inferior clones exploiting Shardlake's success). Coming to more recent times, but going back in terms of publication dates, Morris West was a very popular writer about thirty years ago and he wrote several intelligent thrillers with a strong religious setting.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 19:47:05 BDT
Anita says:
Might fit the bill

The Flanders Panel

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 19:33:18 BDT
Grant Davies says:
Behind Every Lamppost is a religious fantasy - it's not free though .....

Initial post: 30 Jun 2012 17:29:47 BDT
joodge says:
Am a voracious reader of thrillers related to archaeology, religion, and religious conspiracy.
I am hoping someone knows of some I haven't read and I've read soooo many?
Any one out there who likes these also?

Thanks!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  30 Jun 2012
Latest post:  11 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions