Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

What are you reading now?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4501-4525 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:48:11 BDT
Checkout mardibooks selection for amazon kindle - romance with a twist - In The Eye of the Beholder - Rachel Catto; 1909 - martin Godleman
Both excellent reads.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 20:44:19 BDT
Booktigger says:
I'm reading A Virgin Student, would recommend it

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 21:17:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Apr 2012 21:19:08 BDT
Garscadden says:
Hey Belinda - if the books are from the same 'publisher' as you, it's still spamming - it's actually worse, it kinda implies a micro publisher is encouraging this kind of behaviour. It's all too easy for a pub to get a bad reputation for vanity publishing.

Just keep your promo's to MOA, and you'll be fine.

(Ooh look - mardibooks charges to publish you - isn't there a name for that kind of thing...)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 21:38:41 BDT
carocaro says:
What genre is it Booktigger?

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 08:25:45 BDT
Booktigger says:
Not sure what genre i would put it in - it was a blog a few years ago and this is the whole blog posts with additional sort of private diary entries.

Am now reading Wicked Women of the 19th Century

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 08:52:10 BDT
carocaro says:
Ok thanks I will go look.

Have just finished The Gladiator's Master. Good use of historical events to support her emotionally charged story. It also reflects the more open sexuality of that era...when compared to repressed post Victorian times.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 17:05:09 BDT
Garscadden says:
Charlie B - a bit late, but i kept meaning to reply. If you like The Sisters Brothers I'd highly recommend seeing the film Dead Man [DVD] if you get a chance. In my opinion The Sisters Brothers had a very similar feel to it.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 15:39:36 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 15:39:55 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 15:57:13 BDT
Just started 'The Report' by Jessica Francis Kane. Very interesting so far.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 19:56:43 BDT
Booktigger says:
Just finished The girl who couldn't say no and now reading A dog named Slugger

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 20:45:22 BDT
'unsticky' by sarra manning

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 21:39:29 BDT
mrsyp says:
Just finished reading the second Of the Hunger Games trilogy 'Catching Fire'. Ok so far, nothing brilliant. Read David Walliams ' Mr Stink' in between. Got into when I took the little one to the library. Enjoyed it better.No way is Hunger Games anywhere as good as Twilight. Perhaps that's why I am not overly fussed on it. It's a different read. Best book by far I have read in the past few weeks is Jojo Moyes 'Me before you' - fan bloody tastic best book I have read in a long long time

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 21:40:31 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 23 Apr 2012 22:24:28 BDT]

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 22:46:24 BDT
loopy loo says:
ju st finished THE STONECUTTER by CAMILLA LACKBERG brilliant book tried to read calico joe john grisham what a let down

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 13:21:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Apr 2012 13:21:46 BDT
charlie b says:
Thanks Garscadden, I'll definitely give that a watch!

Just finished Dead Simple by Peter James, really enjoyed it. One of a few books that I've actually wanted to keep reading past my bedtime (yes yes, i've 29 but sleep is important to me!)

Tonight, I'm going to start Flatland by Edwin Abbott. Its a complete curve ball for my reading genre but hopefully an enjoyable break (if not a short one).

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 13:33:07 BDT
Half way through The Night Circus and quite enjoying it although very confused at times, lol. Got a recommendation from my friend to start reading the Mortal Instruments Books by Cassandra Clare, so reading the first one of these called City of bones. If you are in to demons, vampires etc then you should enjoy these books although a little more steamy than some.

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 20:25:54 BDT
carocaro says:
Read Ann Mayburn's Daughter of Lust which has an unusual concept of hell as a parallel world on a different plane where demons and devils work like medieval feudal lords but as part of the natural order within Gods plan. Loved it and look forward to the next in the trilogy.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 17:36:07 BDT
Have just started Maya Angelou's 'I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings' having read 'Brave New World' by Aldous Huxley and Patrick Gale's 'A Perfectly Good Man'.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 21:03:06 BDT
monica says:
charlie b, once you've finished I'd like to know what you thought of it. It's in an anthology I have, but doesn't look terribly appealing, and shan't waste time on it if its only value is historical.

Have just finished Lulu (first version) by Wedekind. One of those things I kept seeing references to & so felt I should read. Strange, but leaves a lot of room for interpretation which is always a good thing. Several films made of it/based on it, most famously Blue Angel w/M. Dietrich.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 08:33:56 BDT
carocaro says:
Thought about rereading JD Salinger's Catcher in the Rye again....to analyze why I liked it so much as a teen.

Have a review to write for The Second Advent: Disciples which is an extremely intelligent religious thriller by a knowledgable author Lex. It will have to be 5 star as even objectively and critically I can't find much against it. It is somewhat anti organized religion & global corporation but for spirituality and explains God in a way I could accept where as I've seen no evidence of an omniscient, omnipresent, father figure god who has a plan and cares for humans! Trouble is Lex uses science theory, religious artifact evidence that makes his FICTION plausible! Help.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 09:51:46 BDT
Nicci says:
I've just finished reading the first book in the Stephanie Plum series - "One For the Money". I didnt think i was going to like it at all but i ended up really getting into it and i'll definately give the next few books in the series a try.
I have Khalad Hosseini's "A Thousand Splendid Suns" picked to read next. It's one of those books that has been sitting in my "to be read" pile of books for a couple of years now but for whatever reason i havent been tempted to pick it up until now, despite it coming highly recommended from all who read it!

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 12:26:08 BDT
Gemmuk says:
Reading 'The Heavenfield' by I.G.Hulme on kindle. I would say it's like a modern day 'Dune' perhaps? Dark Sci-Fi thriller. Top notch so far! The Heavenfield

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 13:35:45 BDT
Booktigger says:
I finished A Dog Named Slugger this morning - couldnt finish it in my lunchbreak yesterday, although not due to time. Really really enjoyed it.

Am now going to read Titanic by Filson Young.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 15:27:42 BDT
SweetyPie says:
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  2097
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  25 Dec 2009
Latest post:  3 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 67 customers

Search Customer Discussions