Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Non-Whigers' Forum. Hard working authors and sensible readers only

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3026-3050 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 May 2012 13:10:34 BDT
Ah no that's a MK2 or an S type... I think his is an S type actually a d type has a huge fin behind the drivers seat... frankly it's sex on a stick. It was also a contendor for the rold of Interceptor but everyone knows that the baddy ALWAYS drives a Mercedes (mwa ha ha hargh)

http://dayerses.com/data_images/posts/jaguar-d-type/jaguar-d-type-09.jpg

Cheers

MTM

Posted on 4 May 2012 15:01:28 BDT
caro, an enquiry from a friend - are you still doing editing?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:10:13 BDT
Blilith says:
All baddies and pimps drive a Merc or BMW, they come equipped with the bad clothes, as extras, of course. The D-type as you stated had a massive fin, it was one of the first cars designed from planes.

Be blessed
Blilith

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:26:35 BDT
carocaro says:
Most definitely Will...www.carocaroediting.co.uk
And an email is under contact details. Tell them to say you referred if you like.

Posted on 4 May 2012 15:26:58 BDT
And intelligent, witty authors all drive jaguars, Blilith, I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:29:29 BDT
carocaro says:
*grinning* Blilith...just told my OH he will look like a pimp or baddy...which does he choose to be? Just my luck he's checking the book index for how to make crack rocks!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:34:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 May 2012 15:38:04 BDT
I'll pass this along, Caro

Andrea is a bit shy and retiring, but a really good friend of mine.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:34:59 BDT
Mwah hah hargh Blilith, I'm glad we agree!
Will... hmm.... Except the ones who drive Lotuses. Mine is rated for 126 but I've managed 138 in it, once on a private road - just waited until the revs were about to go into the red before easing off. I wish I had a 6th gear... not that I'd get use it. I wouldn't dare do that now, it was new at the time, I bought it in 01 so it's definitely a banger by modern standards...

Phnark.

Caro, I gather your dear heart drives a Merc then, snortle.

Cheers

MTM

Posted on 4 May 2012 15:41:14 BDT
an 01 plate, MTM?

That's new by my standards. But the only car I have spent more than 800 quid buying was the Alfa GTV. Nowhere near as fast as a Lotus, but still a barrel of laughs.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:41:26 BDT
carocaro says:
Honda but aspiring to be Pimp or Baddie..MTM, hilarious really. He's such a model of propriety as opposed to me and my wicked soul;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:43:32 BDT
carocaro says:
Will look out for Andrea then Will? Hmm I think one Will is enough!
Now driving a barrel of laughs I'd pay to see that one...or drive it:)

Posted on 4 May 2012 15:50:02 BDT
You wanna drive something fun? Then try an Alfa GTV. You'll get one for uder a grand, and I'd challenge anyone who actually enjoys their driving not to climb out with a big grin.

This was 2 years ago. I turned up at a client's place, his wife walked out and looked at the Alfa. "After a new girlfriend then?" she asked...

Andrea isn't like me. She's a shy retiring writer of paranormal romance.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 15:57:34 BDT
carocaro says:
Right up my street Will.
I do a free sample few pages so the writer knows the quality of work I do. I'm pleased to say all who tried liked and have all been happy bunnies so far. I have three at present. One in part, plus Lex in progress. Two others and an inquiry so early June is earliest I could commit to time wise. I'm taking one on holiday but OH would be upset if I took two.

Posted on 4 May 2012 16:19:44 BDT
Yeh but if you want to change the CD on the motorway you have to change down because otherwise you can't get the CD out. They are fun though. McOther drove one of those, we were very flash at that time. Now he drives an Alfa GT which I think is a really fantastic looking car. Why they stopped making them I don't know.

We are both a bit non-standard.

Cheers

MTM

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 17:13:34 BDT
Blilith says:
Dearest MTM,

All new cars now look the same to me, same shape, no imagination, where has it gone? More art, more difference, some panache, is needed.
I had a Black Cab in London (private, not for hire), it had all the dynamics of a house brick on a string, but OMG it was fun, nobobdy messes with you when you drive a cab.
The back was kitted out with curtains, carpets and cushions. Gone now. I still miss it. I backed into a wall once, no damage to my cab, the wall was destroyed. They are built like tanks and the turning circle is amazing. Now that is a car.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 20:17:08 BDT
Blilith says:
Dearest MTM,

I drove my MR2 Mk1 to 138mph about, at that speed you just watch the track (on the clock, it was modified for racing) as well, we have much in common. The front of the car lifted, I drifted and spun but regained control, Mwah, so much fun. Life is for living.
Do you have anything published? Send me links.

Be blessed
Blililth

Posted on 4 May 2012 20:19:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 May 2012 20:20:06 BDT
Yay!

For I have broken the magic 100 paid sales in a month target for the first time

.http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/flash-fiction-friday-33-hachette-by-will-macmillan-jones/

If you fancy seeing one of my pieces of flash fiction, here on a blog:

Posted on 4 May 2012 21:02:32 BDT
I had a spitfire once, 24ft amazing. I believe it's the only car that comes close to a black cab and if I lived in London that is exactly what I'd drive. My dad knocked down a wall with a ford minibus once - I'd definitely recommend those for solidity, turning circle but unfortunately not acceleration. The MR2 sounds cool

Will. Well done, verily I seethe with insane envy. Mwah ha ha haargh.

Cheers

MTM

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 21:29:59 BDT
carocaro says:
Well done Will, all this fame and fortune...celebrate and it will be gone in the blink of an eye.

Don't worry about MTM's envy it means she'll glow green in the dark and can't sneak up on you...Hmmm!

Posted on 4 May 2012 21:33:38 BDT
AAt least it will pay for a curry one night. So it will have been good for something.

Nice point about MTM. She could be radio active...
Your reply to Will Macmillan Jones's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 21:41:13 BDT
carocaro says:
Ha ha...have you forgotten the yellowy turmeric comments from before.

Hope all regulars are well or reasonably so and that the weekend is kind to you all.
I had hoped to go see my sister on her birthday Sunday...but she's having french lessons. J'adore I'm guessing. Hope it keeps her mind off other things.

Posted on 5 May 2012 08:25:03 BDT
Blilith says:
Dearest All,

If you write and want a review or proof read, let me know, I will not charge. I can handle any format.

Dear MTM,

I used to have a kit car based on an MGBT engine, it went like lightening but had no doors (soft top), it looked great. One day in London, Upper Street, I parked, but climbing out my foot caught in the seatbelt, I was left hanging upside down outside the car, luckily I was not wearing a dress. All the contents of my pockets spilt to the ground. No damage except to my pride. Kit cars are so light, there are prone to spinning, I spun mine more than I can remember. I had skid training at Brands Hatch where I raced as well, it is a great track with tight bends and long straights. Going into a corner at 100mph is fun (but knicker wetting:-), you are so low to the ground you really get the speed buzz. I miss driving and racing but it cannot be anymore, those days have gone :-(

Posted on 5 May 2012 10:10:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 May 2012 10:13:31 BDT
Blilith, skid training, now my envy could power the National Grid! That sounds like a scream. I probably could spin the Lotus but the Spitfire was so twitchy at the back that, after 8 years driving it, I was used to that sort of thing by the time I bought the Lotus I remember taking my ex housemistriss for a drive in the Spitfire. She said, "the last time I was in one of these we ended up in a ditch."
I said, "I'll try to break with tradition then."
She said, "It wasn't too bad, it landed across the ditch so we were hanging upside down by our seatbelts."
I said, "did it have a rollbar?"
She said, "No."
I said, "so you are quite lucky to have your head still attached then."
She said, cool as a cucumber, "yes, thinking about it, I expect I am."
She also said she'd forgotten what it felt like to look up at the hubcaps of taxis!

Caro and Will, glowing green in the dark? I'll have you know I'm no bog troll!

Oh and everyone, the sun is out today so you'll be glad to know I'm in less of a grump.

cheers

MTM

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2012 11:07:17 BDT
Blilith says:
Dearest MTM,

You can spin any car if you know the technique, handbrake turns are easy to me. When I raced my bikes I used to wheelie when I crossed the finishing line, I was very stupid and self destructive, but now still alive. I really do miss it, the rush, the danger, the sheer stupidity of it all, but knowing you have diced with Death and won is worth it. Maybe at some point the dice will be in the hand of Death and I will not win.... We all have to be alive then die, some do it different to me, I prefer my way, but I never judge anybodies way of life, their choice. Mine is danger and always will be. I attract it like a magnet attracts a nail, probably not the best person to be with.

Be blessed
Blilith

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2012 11:37:02 BDT
carocaro says:
Blilith are you after my job here?
Re skid training...my OH took me onto the causeway at Shell Island, got me to speed up to 100+ and sent me into patches of watery so I'd skid. First time I didn't know what to expect and after he was pleased I'd automatically driven into the skid. An enjoyable hour. Have also got to 130+ at Pendine sands where they did the speed records. Scared to look at speedo then just keep it straight.
What sun MTM it's gone cloudy...I'm grumpy as my OH is getting awful nightmares as a side effect we think from new meds. I get them as side effect have for 4 years...I just calm, settle and try and sleep but he wants to wake me & talk it out his system be analyzing it all. I got up grumpy. Three or four times a night and I'm ready to scream.
No your no bog troll I can tell by the accent...must be a radioactive one perhaps? :))

Blilith you talk of dicing with death. Having had the grim reaper breath down my neck too many times and too close for comfort...I wonder how it affects you? If you wish of course?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  132
Total posts:  7029
Initial post:  18 Sep 2011
Latest post:  29 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions