Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Help finding a regency book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Dec 2012 19:49:06 GMT
regencyfan says:
i remember reading a regency book with a scene where a girl pushes her sister into a fountain and also a scene where the hero and heroine are sitting in an inn playing cards wrapped in blankets does anyone know what this book is called and who wrote it

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2012 20:53:57 GMT
LEP says:
There are so many Regency authors that this could be from any of them. Try Eloisa James's Wallfower series.

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 21:12:42 GMT
carocaro says:
Georgette Heyer per chance?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2012 21:03:08 GMT
Mel Martin says:
This description reminds me of a book by Sarah MacLean called `Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Lord'. The hero and heroine have a drink together in an Inn and then later he teaches her how to play cards in a Men's club. The heroine has a younger playful sister but I can't remember a pushing into a fountain scene. The story basically is about a plain woman who had had a few failed seasons and in her late twenties feel she is on the shelf. Her younger sister gets engaged at 18 and at this point the heroine composes a kind of bucket list of things that she wants to experience just once before she settles down to 'spinsterhood'. The hero helps her to achieve the things on the list, the drinking and gambling both come from her list.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 20:26:03 GMT
LEP says:
No, I don't think it's GH. I've recently re-read GH's books and I'm pretty certain it's not one of hers.

Posted on 23 Dec 2012 22:28:08 GMT
carocaro says:
Hi LEP hope all is well with you this Christmas.
Shame the regency fan hasn't a name that may help!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Dec 2012 15:23:31 GMT
LEP says:
Have a good Christmas and New Year, carocaro.

To be honest the book author could be anyone of the many Regency writers. It does ring a bell, but I can't put a name to it.

Posted on 28 Dec 2012 21:48:58 GMT
carocaro says:
Hope you had a good Christmas too LEP. I am at that stage where I don't want to cook or feed the horde anymore and roll on 1st Jan.
Happy New Year and hope it's kind to you.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2012 16:43:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Dec 2012 16:47:08 GMT
LEP says:
Same to you Carocaro. Just finishing up the last of the turkey tonight in a curry. Didn't have any hoard, just my son and my 98 year old Mother. As you are watching a Christmas film you can hear Mother muttering "rubbish" in the background, like Scrooge, LOL! I have to laugh, otherwise I'd throttle her!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2012 17:00:33 GMT
carocaro says:
Well 98 is a good age..but yes my M in L died last Feb and made my life a misery whenever she could. It was a personal sigh of relief when I realised no more of her shenanigans but was shocked Christmas food shopping when I realised I was picking things for her usual hamper. Stood crying in the supermarket too. Must have thought more of her than realised :)
I have been setting my reading challenges up on Goodreads. Lovely people there LEP. Ever thought of joining? The BDSM and erotica groups are good fun, lots of interaction and great reading suggestions. Not at all scary and many are professional and or middle aged or older! A thought.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2012 19:55:27 GMT
LEP says:
Oh, I think a lot of her, she's just exasperating at times. But then no doubt I am as well. For years after my Dad died, I looked at slippers for him at Christmas.

So what do I do to join Goodreads? I'm not really heavily into erotica and not into BDSM at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012 09:25:50 GMT
carocaro says:
There are groups for all and even if it's just some of your reads worth a look. Go onto Goodreads via Google. Join/log in and you follow suggestions to set up your profile and library shelves. Start with what you are reading now and intend to read next. Feel free to find my shelf as I'm on open profile, see how it's set up. You can be private or public. Then when you have done that and perhaps set yourself a reading challenge that is comfortable for you for 2013. Look at the groups there are hundreds. Choose one and go to their Introduction and say hello, who you are. People will befriend you or you can befriend them and likeminds send ideas and help each other. My groups are friendly, helpful and some have become close cyberpals too. Good luck. You can do as little or as much as you choose. If too much then pull back. Go steady at first.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  13 Dec 2012
Latest post:  31 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions