Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Whats everyone reading ?? Im stuck on what to read next.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 164 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jan 2013 18:56:36 GMT
Bookworm says:
What are the books you're reading - the dull ones?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jan 2013 19:41:50 GMT
I Readalot says:
Sorry Karen I meant to say Midnight Palace, Watcher was originally due to be published last year, the proofs were all sent out geared up for May 2012 then it was all changed. I haven't read as much lately partly due to the fact that I have recently got a new phone and laptop and have been 'playing' with those.

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 20:10:17 GMT
Debalon says:
These are good modern fiction: Children of god; The crimson petal and the white, The Shipping News; The Kite Runner;

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 23:15:01 GMT
gūlgalthā says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 23:16:36 GMT
gūlgalthā says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 10:51:21 GMT
I still need to read Midnight Palace too. I think I might have to stop watching TV if I ever want to read the books I have. But I have so much taped that I need to watch! I also need to stop going to the shops at lunchtime, that gives me an extra hour a day. That shouldn't be a problem with Christmas gone. Although most of the books I really want to read are hardback or massive paperbacks which I tend to read at home. The housework may have to suffer even more!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 12:30:12 GMT
I Readalot says:
I know the feeling Karen, fortunately (or not) most of my favourite programmes have taken a break so I have been able to catch up with the backlog, I watch quite a few US shows, interesting that the best ones nearly all seem to have British actors in them. I think my next read will be the Windows 8 book that just arrived, probably take me until this time next year to really crack it though, I definitely don't possess the all important techie gene.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 12:58:43 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 2 Jan 2013 13:00:26 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 13:30:22 GMT
babs s says:
i love the Hamish Mcbeth series by MC Beaton light fun and get to know all the characters ive just read about 24 of them,

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 13:31:53 GMT
I Readalot says:
Her Agatha Raisin series is really good as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 14:46:47 GMT
A lot of my favs have finished too so there is a bit of a backlog still to clear and then I have the boxsets of the Killing series one (I am way behind!) and Those Who Kill to watch too.

Definitely going to try to read some Prisoner of Heaven before bed tonight - not had a good night's sleep since before New Year - my brain needs some chill out time from all the TV we have been goggling!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 15:04:36 GMT
For romance you could try any of the following : Jojo Moyes, Veronica Henry, Kathryn Flett, Louise Douglas.
As for thrillers: Peter Robinson or Mark Billingham.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 16:33:39 GMT
Topcat says:
Have you read Slammed and Point Of Retreat by Colleen Hoover? I have just finished them and they are BRILLIANT. Just occasionally you get a book you know you will keep forever. Have just ordered them in paperback for my grown up daughter to read. Have also just bought Insufferable Proximity for my kindle - thanks!

Posted on 2 Jan 2013 18:30:17 GMT
Would recommend the J D Robb In death series, well written sf thriller/romance

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 19:18:22 GMT
I Readalot says:
The Killing and Those who Kill are both great shows and of course The Bridge. I didn't watch The Killing 1 when it was on TV but got the box set from my son for Christmas last year (had watched series 2 by this time), I ended up having a Killing fest and watched the lot over a couple of days. David Hewson's novelisation of it is quite good, with a twist at the end.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 21:21:28 GMT
Kipling says:
I've just come across A Furrow Long by NEW Ireland. Never heard of him before but it was a great easy read. The main plot is about horse racing but I am sure you will enjoy it even if you are not into racing. Not heavy at all and quick to get into. enjoy !

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2013 10:10:54 GMT
I've got the book to read, it was a Kindle daily deal recently. I will read it once watching the first series I think

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2013 12:34:36 GMT
Try something by Christina Jones or Milly Johnson - both are great

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2013 13:32:41 GMT
I Readalot says:
Definitely best to read it after watching the first series. For a non-Nordic author Hewson has done a good job of writing a Nordic crime, if you see what I mean.

Posted on 3 Jan 2013 16:11:44 GMT
angelbex says:
Afterlife (Afterlife Saga) i've just finished this for the second time. i really enjoyed it. this is the first in a 7 part saga, the first two books are avaiable now with the third to follow in a few weeks. so much better than 50 shades.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2013 17:55:36 GMT
I'm intrigued!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2013 23:43:51 GMT
Susan B says:
without trying to be the 'sun reader' of the literary world, I started reading Lee Child's 'Jack Reacher' stories recommended by my brother. and surprisingly found them quite fast and gripping in parts, not too thought provoking, but on a 1-10 scale for entertainment, I'd give them 8. (I'm on my 3rd read!) Before anyone asks... I cannot, CANNOT see Tom Cruise making a credible Jack Reacher...but I intend to go to the movie all the same.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013 13:11:19 GMT
Try www.a-healing-hand.com to see if the fiction novel 'Uniquely Red Secretly Blue' could satisfy you

Posted on 4 Jan 2013 16:04:30 GMT
I enjoyed reading 'Snow Child', give it a go.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013 21:10:29 GMT
L. Pollard says:
try any of the eberhard mock investigations by marek karjewski.
all four are outstanding and are much better than any of the wallender books, only my opinion.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  119
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  19 Dec 2012
Latest post:  8 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions