Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Whats everyone reading ?? Im stuck on what to read next.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 164 posts in this discussion
Posted on 21 Dec 2012 20:37:38 GMT
Thanks everyone. Im checking out all the suggestions as we speak. If the ladies on here like 50 shades etc then try ' insufferable proximity ' by z. stefani. Its such an amazing book and very well written :) i cant actually find a book that compares to it. If anyones read it and knows any that can top this please let me know.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 22:30:01 GMT
Angela says:
Just finished reading Mortality by Christopher Hitchens and Skin by Roald Dahl. I found them very good.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 10:04:04 GMT
I Readalot says:
Pauline, it might also be worth taking a look at the 'What are you readidng now' thread, there are some interesting suggestions on that.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 10:17:07 GMT
Billy Hawk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 23 Dec 2012 11:06:20 GMT
K-J says:
If you enjoy a good modern romantic read, try anything by Nicholas Sparks. Absolutely beautifully written books with emotionally charged characters, and you can never usually forecast the ending due to a bit of a twist/thriller thrown in for good measure. I would probably start with the more well known like 'The Notebook' or 'Dear John' but I've read them all... amazing pageturners and very readable. 'Message in a Bottle' had a profound effect on me as I read this first, then I fell in love with the author. However for true romance I agree with Mr R A Llewellyn, you can't beat the classics: 'Pride & Prejudice', 'Jane Eyre', etc. Happy reading!!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 11:11:06 GMT
K-J says:
Can I recommend 'Beautiful Disaster' by Jamie McGuire (think spelt right)... not 50 shades 'naughty' but well written and fantastic depth to the characters. Probably for the younger age bracket. I'll look up your suggestion now :)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 11:38:13 GMT
I Readalot says:
Not a good idea, if you check this thread you will notice that a previous self-promo has been deemed 'unhelpful' by other contributors and there is a reason for it - see the 'Important Announcement'.

Posted on 23 Dec 2012 16:10:05 GMT
Justine H says:
Blood Sisters by Barbara Keating......bit of romance, bit of murder, brilliant story line and there are 2 follows on books to it if you want to carry on the story.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 21:52:40 GMT
I read Shadow of the Wind. A really good read. It got to the point where I couldn't put it down, even reading into the small hours of the morning!

Posted on 26 Dec 2012 21:56:04 GMT
Frank Mundo says:
Just bought The Obituarist. So far, so good.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 07:54:21 GMT
How about 'Every 4 Minutes'? It's unusual and moving, sad and uplifting. I think you'll enjoy it.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 10:18:44 GMT
Will Moss says:
...you said you might like a 'romance' - in which case I can't recommend highly enough 'Love and Summer' by William Trevor - a great writer on top form

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 13:09:22 GMT
Ahmad says:
Rich Idiot.com? Dating. (Rich Idiot series)
If you want something easy, a little bit rude and very real that provides some of the most hideous dating stories ever... You might like this!
Bridget Jones does rich idiots!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 14:51:16 GMT
N. Robinson says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 15:38:06 GMT
Y. Stone says:
Pure by Andrew Miller is a wonderful book.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 15:39:31 GMT
Y. Stone says:
good thrillers - look for Jo Nesbo, Michael Ridpath (Icelandic crime), Camilla LAckberg.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 16:18:50 GMT
Alone: Girl in the box. Just started reading and it has hooked me in. Very enjoyable read so far.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 16:39:00 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 19:37:48 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion but ive actually beautiful disaster :) i actually liked it that much i went out and brought the book lol let me know what you think of insufferable proximity.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2012 17:19:52 GMT
dwpp says:
"Of Love and Leaflets" by David Williamson... I could find it on amazon.com instantly and read the intro and first 30 pages or so let me know what you think

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 18:42:27 GMT
Gina l says:
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire fab read :)

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012 18:54:40 GMT
honeypot says:

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 21:15:38 GMT
Dee says:
The Secret Keeper
---------
This I loved, just starting book 2
The Chemical Garden (1) - Wither

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012 21:25:51 GMT
I Readalot says:
Christine, I was like that with Shadow, and it was the same when I read it again a couple of years later just before Angel's Game was published. His YA books are worth reading as well, Prince of Mists and Watcher in the Shadows, quite scary though.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jan 2013 18:46:58 GMT
Me too - love his books, although I have started Prisoner of Heaven and not got far because I have not had any time to read these last couple of weeks, intend to get back into it soon.

I Readalot - stop showing off - Watcher In The Shadows is not out for us less fortunate people to read yet ;-)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  119
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  19 Dec 2012
Latest post:  8 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions