Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Fiction set in Liverpool

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 66 posts in this discussion
Posted on 13 Jan 2014 00:16:49 GMT
I finally found the one I was looking for. It is called Time to go Back and it was written for teenagers in the late 60's. But I've enjoyed many of your recommendations and would never have found them if I hadn't posted my original question. So thanks!

Posted on 12 Jan 2014 23:09:57 GMT
Hi, here's a few Liverpool authors.

Lyn Andrews
Anne Baker
Annie Groves
Katie Flynn
Rosie Harris
Ruth Hamilton
Maureen Lee

There are many more, will let you know when I've remembered them. X

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2014 21:56:46 GMT
The Bub says:
Many thanks, Mr Haines. Will do!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2014 21:24:48 GMT
Marand says:
You've been around these boards long enough to know that promos are only permitted on MOA (which is where you usually post).

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2014 17:12:42 GMT
Hello there, your suspicions are actually spot on. Authors / self publishers, or indeed anyone else with a vested interest, are not supposed to post about their own stuff at all. It's never bothered me in the least, but it does upset many, and is actually against Amazon's own rules, so maybe delete the post when you can, just for an easy life. But - very best of luck with this anyway, it sounds good.

JH

Posted on 12 Jan 2014 17:05:14 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Jan 2014 21:57:13 GMT]

Posted on 12 Jan 2014 12:32:49 GMT
S Riaz says:
Just reviving this old thread for anyone interested - just read a great new thriller set in Liverpool, which is out next week. The Silent Pool.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2013 14:54:51 BDT
K. Morris says:
I hope you don't mind me mentioning my long short story, Samantha which tells the story of a young woman forced into prostitution. I am originally from that great city but have lived and worked in London since 1994. Kevin

Posted on 1 Oct 2013 19:53:43 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Oct 2013 17:37:56 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2013 19:52:03 BDT
M. A. Duffy says:
Sixth Beatle: When Music Changed the World

I hope you don't mind me adding my own novel, 'Sixth Beatle' - set in Liverpool in the Seventies & Noughties, and very much reliant on the spirit of Liverpool for its narrative

Posted on 9 Aug 2013 10:35:05 BDT
S. Montagu says:
You might also want to try June Francis who has published many novels, all set in Liverpool and/or Chester. They're very much in the Maureen Lee/Katie Flynn vein

Posted on 9 Aug 2013 06:52:03 BDT
Hi Guys, Came across this book which is set in Liverpool. I enjoyed it alot. Though more of a memoir than a mystery.Down the Grain Silos (Jigsaw)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2013 12:50:00 GMT
Mike White says:
Liverpool Is a collection of short stories set in Liverpool. Follow the author link and you'll find a paperback version too.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2013 11:01:05 GMT
Icki Iqbal says:
The Incomplete Man

This book has reference to the Wirral on pages 29-30 and to Mold throughout the book.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2013 13:32:27 GMT
TripFiction says:
Try this link for fiction set in Liverpool. Hope you find something you like!
http://www.tripfiction.com/Search?Location=Liverpool

Posted on 20 Feb 2013 07:28:06 GMT
Scrumpy says:
Beyond the Blue Door

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2012 08:24:30 GMT
Icki Iqbal says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 18 Dec 2012 00:44:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jan 2013 00:12:57 GMT
LJC says:
Katie Flynn's books are all about Liverpool and very much like Maureen Lee

Found this list if it helps
Lyn Andrews (is Lynda M Andrews)
Anne Baker
Annie Groves (is Penny Jordan)
Ruth Hamilton
Joan Jonker

Posted on 17 Feb 2012 00:08:31 GMT
It looks like you are after family / romance stuff, not too sure why I say that it just seems that way, but if you are after a variety of stuff, then Keith Dixon's A Private Lie is set partly in Liverpool; it's a crime / PI story where two of the baddies are Irish-Scouse builders-cum-criminals. Good story too.
The Private Lie

There is also a book set in the Wirral as opposed to Liverpool itself, and is about an Irish family moving here and the woes and the tears and the laughs (many many laughs for sure) that the family, but mainly the matriarch of course, enjoy or endure. Sadly, it's not yet on Kindle, but here is the link to the paperback etc.

Tom Kipper's Schooldays: Memories of an Irish Childhood in Liverpool

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2012 22:22:42 GMT
Cubana says:
Making the Island

This is a contemporary novel set in Liverpool. It's a romance with a strong sense of place. It's funny and moving. Try it.

Posted on 11 Dec 2011 18:13:03 GMT
The Bub says:
Glad you found out the name, IsomorphEmit!

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 14:21:36 GMT
IsomorphEmit says:
To answer my own query, it is "Last Tango in Liverpool"

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 14:07:07 GMT
IsomorphEmit says:
I came across a novel a few days ago but can't seem to locate it again! It was about Liverpool Teddy Boys, set in the 50's as one would expect. Does anyone on this strand know the name?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2011 14:33:22 GMT
Harold Green says:
My Story: Building Beyond Big Brother Try this one. Okay, it's a bio, but Craig Philips (he of Big Brother fame and many TV do-it-yourself building and renovating programmes) is one really good racontuer and this story of his life and achievments makes excellent reading. He was. of course, born and bred in Liverpool and still resides there.

Posted on 30 Nov 2011 22:26:05 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  66
Initial post:  30 May 2010
Latest post:  13 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions