Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Recommend me a book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 102 posts in this discussion
Posted on 3 Aug 2013 00:39:36 BDT
freesia says:
Just finished reading a cracker of a book.....coming home by roy e stolworthy. Its a story about an underage boy who enlists in the army to fight in ww2. I enjoyed the book so much, i have purchased some hard copies to give to friends and one to keep myself.

Coming Home

Posted on 12 May 2013 11:22:59 BDT
Legend357 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 11 May 2013 21:18:32 BDT
amanda says:
hi i am reading my secret sister very good book half way through it

Posted on 11 May 2013 21:15:06 BDT
amanda says:
hi i am reading my secret sister very good book half way through it

Posted on 25 Apr 2013 11:55:13 BDT
The Right To Bear Arms - John A Hampden

Really good book, well worth a read

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 16:20:14 BDT
I Readalot says:
M.Liu, you have just done precisely what love to read in the post immediately above yours was commenting about. If you had taken the time just to have read this page you would have known that self-promo is NOT allowed.

Posted on 24 Apr 2013 15:19:19 BDT
M. Liu says:
Our Man in China by Ming Liu

Our Man in China: A Novel

Posted on 22 Apr 2013 14:24:19 BDT
love to read says:
I only discovered these forums a week or two ago and thought I would find them interesting, but every time I take a look there are numerous promotional posts from authors and agitated responses from regular contributors. Posts with content are few and far between. Surely you authors must realise that through your irritating behaviour you are destroying any chance of your work being read by the avid readers who comment here and might, if it's good enough, recommend your book. Please leave us to discuss books we've read instead of having to swat you away like troublesome flies.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2013 14:25:16 BDT
J says:
Try Empire of Avarice by Tony Roberts, a really good family historical fiction saga, with lots of laughs as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2013 11:16:01 BDT
I doubt they will be, considering your inability to understand the concept of "no self-promotion outside the MOA". Even if it is free.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 21:24:27 BDT
I Readalot says:
Six posts above yours is a post from Tom C in reply to a post from someone who did the same as you have just done, self-promote, it is not allowed outside the MOA.

Posted on 20 Apr 2013 20:18:00 BDT
Arlene says:
If anyone is interested in reading my novel Arranged by Arlene Valle. Check it out first then tweet me and I can see about getting you a free Kindle copy. Arlene @writergirl4u thanks and happy reading.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 19:20:34 BDT
TomC says:
Oh, well spotted!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 17:53:44 BDT
Anita says:
P.S. Forgot to ask (my apologies, but I'm a curious person) - if you choose to write your name backwards - should we imagine it written in Arabic, or Hebrew, maybe? - why not doing the same with the whole post?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 17:40:56 BDT
Anita says:
There is either a word missing in this post (I just finished *writing*), or a wrong word typed in (I just *published*).

No comment on brilliant, though

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 17:30:41 BDT
TomC says:
And the above goes for you, too.

Posted on 20 Apr 2013 17:25:16 BDT
yeneewsekim says:
I've just finished For The Love Of God. Brilliant!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Apr 2013 07:56:35 BDT
TomC says:
Please do not use these discussion forums to promote your own book. It is both unwelcome and against Amazon rules. From the "Important Announcement from Amazon":

"Starting on December 15, 2011, all "shameless self-promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community."

Put your spam in the "Meet Our Authors" forum. That's what it's for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/meet%20our%20authors

Posted on 15 Apr 2013 01:47:58 BDT
Sampla says:
Here's one you may have missed At the Water's Edge

Posted on 14 Apr 2013 18:51:37 BDT
T. UTTLEY says:
The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller this is a new author to me but i could not put it down great book and only 99p at the moment. Tracy

Posted on 14 Apr 2013 17:56:07 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2013 19:15:25 BDT
I Readalot says:
Wishful thinking perhaps kittycat 2000? Sometimes I wonder what planet these people are living on, or perhaps simply WHAT they are on!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2013 04:55:01 BDT
kittycat2000 says:
The worst part is the publisher thinking that anyone is going to pay £11+ for a paperback by a new author who thinks it's a good idea to review his own book.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2013 01:51:20 BDT
jules66 says:
Highly recommend 'THE GREAT TAX BASHING SWINDLE'... Weird, but I know families like this...

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2013 08:48:52 BDT
I Readalot says:
It really is laughable, in a tragic way.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  102
Initial post:  9 Feb 2013
Latest post:  3 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions