Customer Discussions > fantasy discussion forum

Authors: please do not self-promote on this forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 15:13:51 BDT
Ah, I've heard of that, Garscadden. It's not the sort of book that I would normally go for, but there have been a few 'popular' science books that I've been thinking it would be worth reading, and that was one of them. Ta.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 15:30:23 BDT
Anita says:
Weather? 37 degrees C and AT LAST some wind. Crazy. As someone not British, I drink tea often enough (just not exactly at 5 o'clock :) ), coffee too. I'm Lithuanian, so, well, I'm from Lithuania :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 16:05:46 BDT
If it's any consolation, Anita, I'm 100% full and fruity, lummy, lordy and corblimey British, and I hardly *ever* drink tea.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 16:15:12 BDT
Anita says:
Corblimey?? Mind to explain, after you get me curious? :)

What do *you* drink, then?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 16:23:51 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
Can you send some sun here? It was 29 degrees recently (hot for us) but now it's down to 18 or something. Don't mind tea, but only drink it every couple of months. If that. The only Lithuanians I've ever met didn't know English despite living here for six years lol. You should teach them! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 16:47:10 BDT
Anita says:
I can't teach them, I don't live *there*, actually I've never been in UK (half a day in Belfast doesn't count, neither does a month in Ireland, I suppose).

Nope - I'm jealous about sunshine! We have very little of it really

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 16:47:38 BDT
"Corblimey" is believed to be a contraction of "God blind me", so it is basically an oath. Very East End of London.

I drink coffee (and alcohol of various varieties).

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 17:08:42 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
You can Skype them! Admittedly a couple are in prison for murder, but they might get internet access in prison.
Anything counts. When I was a kid I told everyone I'd been to Canada, just because the French had given the Canadians a piece of land in honour of them, and I'd visited it. If I can pretend that counts, you can certainly say your trip does.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 17:13:38 BDT
Anita says:
I don't use Skype! I'm not on Facebook. I'm not on Twitter. I hope that won't change for the nearest 100 years :)

But now I'm really curious: what are/were *you* doing in prison with murderers?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 18:01:02 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
I'm surprised you're online at all!
Haha, I wasn't in prison! Don't go spreading that about ;-) I worked at a court and was there throughout their trials. So when I say I met them, I mean I watched a couple lie through their teeth whilst the innocent ones told us of their crimes.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 18:13:09 BDT
Anita says:
To be honest, that's something I do *not* understand at all. People spend their time on Facebook, they tweet, they blog, they post on hundreds of threads here (et cetera) - how on earth do they find time for day job/writing, never mind life?

Sometimes I do feel I spend too much time *just* here. All right, I'm emailing personally too, but that's NOTHING like wasting time, so doesn't count.

Kind of sad your acquaintance with my fellow-countrymen was like that. But then, I'm *not* telling you, what Brits are sometimes doing here........ :)

Posted on 28 Jul 2012 18:29:10 BDT
Garscadden says:
I have to officially say I am perturbed at the collection of non-tea drinking so-called-English-people. It just ain't right squire, it just ain't.

Tea is awesome.

(Though I have been drinking coffee - don't tell anyone)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 19:28:06 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
I know what you mean. I have twitter and facebook, but they are mostly for promotional purposes. I come on here more than I should, but it's just briefly to respond to you or someone on another thread. Most of the time I'm being productive. Ish.
Most of the murder trials were of people from your country, but I won't hold it against you! Most of the Brits were there for sex cases, so it's really just a matter of which devil. Nothing you can say would surprise me. I've seen so many cases featuring people from so many different countries that we're all as bad as each other. Obviously I mean 'we' in generally, because I hope that no one here has been part of such horrible crimes. But who knows?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 19:31:32 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
I used to drink tea a lot, but only because the people I lived with would make it for me. Them were like tea-addicts! But I can take it or leave it. It's alright, but I don't think that 'alright' is enough to spur me into pouring water in the kettle.
So-called-English-people? Haha, I'm very English. Too English, in fact. I can't trace anything but English blood in my family. It's so dull!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 20:16:11 BDT
Anita says:
How about this recipe for tea?

You pour some water from a little spring near the lake.
You boil the water on a camp-fire.
You add some green mint leaves plucked right there on the bank of the lake.
No sugar, of course, and *no milk*.

Add to this some nostalgia for much much younger days, and a long long twilight at the lake with fish jumping to catch something flying just above the water, and clouds of mosquitoes... hey no, forget the latter :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 20:26:41 BDT
Anita says:
Sandra - would I be right to guess that you work as some kind of lawyer, or something?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 21:25:24 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
No way! Lol, I'm not the career type. I was an unimportant part of the court process until they replaced me with a machine.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 22:50:58 BDT
>>So-called-English-people? Haha, I'm very English. Too English, in fact. I can't trace anything but English blood in my family. It's so dull!<<

Same here. Although it's very likely that there was some Norman French blood in the family sometime around the middle of the 11th century (it being *possible*, but not definite, that the root branch of my family did indeed come over with William of Normandy ...). I've certainly always looked pure Anglo-Saxon.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 23:02:18 BDT
Garscadden says:
Ahh - so the truth is - you'se a'immigrint!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 10:24:02 BDT
Yep, quite possibly. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 11:25:07 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
Tut tut

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 16:00:44 BDT
Garscadden says:
(In case anyone was wondering, I'm not actually a nationalist right wing nutter)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 16:12:26 BDT
Sandra Giles says:
I just assumed everyone involved in this conversation was the last word of that statement :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 16:28:16 BDT
Anita says:
Sandra - absolutely :) How's the weather, by the way?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 16:36:12 BDT
So long as we get to choose which type of nut. I'd go for a nicely salted macademia, I think ...
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 161 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  fantasy discussion forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  4019
Initial post:  11 Jul 2012
Latest post:  5 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions