Customer Discussions > fantasy discussion forum

I have run out of books, any suggestions for new ones?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-247 of 247 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2013 13:49:35 BDT
Thank you jenny i'll give it a try.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 22:27:17 BDT
dt says:
I loved all above books and would suggest
The study series poison,magic and fire by Maria V synder

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 22:30:13 BDT
Brett Logue says:
Hi I have just read a great new book which i read in 2 days as i was so fixed on it, it's called Strange Metamorphosis by P.C.R Monk have a look i did put a review on the page as well
Happy reading

Posted on 25 Apr 2013 15:41:27 BDT
D Clegg says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 25 Apr 2013 18:23:38 BDT
F. Shaw says:
No self-publicising thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2013 06:49:43 BDT
Garscadden says:
I just read the look inside - it's not exactly well written is it? The cover is appalling. I've not read harry potter, but from what i know, and the first few paragraphs, this looks like a sub-par rip off of a sub-par rip off.

If you want to read about young magicians the is only one series to read...

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2013 19:28:08 BDT
Even more, it's a rip-off of Harry Potter AND a rip-off of Percy Jackson. Except the others had correct punctuation on the first page.

9.99 for a paperback with a cover like that, and no product information on the product page. I think some re-thinking regarding the marketing is in order (as well as some editing). You never know, some people might like it.

Totally agree about Ursula Le Guin.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2013 20:30:19 BDT
Anita says:
And still think twice before reading the 4th book...........

(The first three are really wonderful)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2013 12:27:00 BDT
duncan72 says:
The unwilling apprentice of Ada Spindle, (Witch) Vol 1 (Ada Spindle,(witch)) hi, i read a book last night which i found intresting and i think you may enjoy. its takes a while until you actually meet ada but the chapters leading up to it are intresting aswell. the author has captured what witches are like and has a good knowledge of the tools and herbs which would of been used. before you read it i suggest you read the blurb and the three chapters first.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2013 12:33:58 BDT
F. Shaw says:
If the prose is as badly written as the 'product description', I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. However, I don't have access to any of the book, so I can't comment.
Suggest you leave a review on the Amazon page if it is that good.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2013 15:44:50 BDT
>>If the prose is as badly written as the 'product description'<<

It is.

Posted on 30 Apr 2013 13:10:17 BDT
Dragonsreach says:
Try the Dresden Files; Jim Butcher (author) and or the Nightside series; Simon R Green.
Both "Urban Fantasy" and worth the effort.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2013 15:52:05 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 2 May 2013 10:26:44 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2013 20:58:10 BDT

Posted on 4 May 2013 21:01:27 BDT
F. Shaw says:
Yet another self-publiciser. At least this one can spell.

Posted on 6 May 2013 00:01:34 BDT
VeeVee says:

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2013 08:58:50 BDT
Harmony Kent says:
Brisingamen This is a brand new book out and well worth a read - it fits your criteria by the looks of things. Has a totally fictitious world, lots of elements of the past too, some romance stuff in there and plenty of excitement. Good luck in your search for new stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2013 11:17:22 BDT
A writer that I have really enjoyed in the last few years is Juliet E McKenna, she has about 3 series out all set on the same world. The Thief's Gamble is the first book of the first series. They are intelligent (without being pompous), funny, have engaging characters and good plots - well worth a read.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2013 11:54:52 BDT
Jac S says:
Check out "Lost on Xanus" - brand new on Amazon as an ebook to a kindle or pc!

Posted on 8 May 2013 16:06:50 BDT
A. Sawyer says:
Try "The Dragonbone Chair" by Tad Williams (magical swords, quests, and darkness spreading across the land sort of thing - lots of fun) and anything by Sherri S Tepper - the latter will definately blow your mind.

Posted on 10 May 2013 03:56:07 BDT
Joe Hickey says:
Check out Secret Seekers Society, its about two orphaned kids who find out they come from a long line of ancient monster hunters.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fantasy discussion forum (675 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fantasy discussion forum
Participants:  183
Total posts:  247
Initial post:  30 Dec 2009
Latest post:  10 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 29 customers

Search Customer Discussions