Customer Discussions > drama discussion forum

Waiting for further seasons of:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Feb 2008 15:03:28 GMT
Anita says:
I would really, really appreciate some information about (if/when) the release of the next seasons of (region 2):
Without a trace - 4...(???)
Criminal Minds - 2 (already available at Amazon.de)
Waking the Dead - 6
CSI Vegas - 8
NCIS - 4
JAG - 3, 4....
Am I the only one waiting and waiting... and waiting?..

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 09:27:59 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 27 Feb 2008 09:28:16 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 21:30:02 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 7 Mar 2008 20:40:21 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2008 10:43:42 GMT
Writers strike wont affect most of these as there is a huge delay between US and UK so most of these have already been filmed and released.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2008 22:13:59 GMT
Jahangeer says:
How much of the film is Michelle Ryan actually in!? I don't wanna buy it, if she's only got about 10 mins screen time!!!
Thankx guys!

Jay

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2008 19:15:32 GMT
Look for waking the dead, it can be pre-ordered now

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2008 12:47:55 GMT
F. Nolan says:
Im waiting for Jag 3 and 4 aswell, you're not the only one

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2008 13:07:17 GMT
Some quick info from a Yank in the states: Normally U.S. televison Region 1 DVD box-sets are released far in advance of the other Regions as they are not home territory for these broadcasts. With the strict content limits placed on the amount of American produced television allowed throughout the E.U., many U.S. producers are first seeking multi-year contracts for American shows to allow time for a market to build for DVD releases before investing the money in producing box-sets for foreign markets. The fear is that they will produce discs that can only be watched in a foreign country that can NOT be repackaged for an American audience due to the Region encoding if there is no international market for the release. A multi-season tv show that has its first season shown only once outside of prime viewing hours is not seen to be able to attract anything more than a niche market. Producers want to sell millions of copies, not thousands.
That said, I can advise you the following info I found at IMDB.com. "Without A Trace" is finishing its 6th season. The last season released in the states was season 2 on 13.03.2007. There are 3 completed seasons not yet released. Season releases are delayed by insufficient sales. "Criminal Minds" is finishing its 3rd season, after the departure of series lead Mandy Patinkin. The last season released was season 2 on 02.10.2007. "CSI- Crime Scene Investigation" (as "CSI- Vegas" is known in the U.S.) is finishing its 8th season. The last season released in the states was season 7 on 20.11.2007. "NCIS" is finishing its 5th season. "NCIS" was a spin-off of "JAG" produced by Donald Bellisario with-out using "JAG's" cast. At the end of the 4th season of "NCIS" series creator Bellisario was forced out by the cast and is no longer involved with the show. The last season released in the states was season 4 on 23.10.2007. "JAG" completed production in 2005 after filming 10 seasons. The last season released in the states is season 6, which wil be released 20.05.2008.
If you don't wish to have to wait for Region 2 releases of American telly you may wish to take advantage of British law, which requires all DVD players sold in the U.K. to be able to switched to region-free players with instructions made available to the public. You can find FREE instruction through GOOGLE by typing in <<region free hack>>. A word of caution: not all DVD players or models are sold in Britain and you may therefore may not be able to reprogram. I had no difficulty making my Philips and Toshiba DVD players region free, but discovered my Samsung player had no available hack. As DVD players in the U.S. now cost on average about $40, I simply replaced my Samsung with a Philips DVD player which allowed the region-free hack. I've since enjoyed watching Japanese anime, Chinese martial arts films, and BBC programming all from different DVD regions that I purchased through Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk. Without having to worry about Region encoding, you can simply purchase the cheapest version available. I have bought a number of U.K. box-sets that are not available for region 1. I have also bought a large number of US programs with region 2 encoding to take advantage of an incredibly lower price. (i.e. Monk + Dawson's Creek at Amazon.co.uk for half or less the price if purchased in the U.S.) Europeans! Take advantage of the lower Dollar compared to the Euro and Pound, and purchase your own bargains!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the drama discussion forum (364 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  drama discussion forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  25 Feb 2008
Latest post:  29 Mar 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions