Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Listen in Prime
Customer Discussions > drama discussion forum

Worst ex something else turned "actor" nominations.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 May 2010 23:47:03 BDT
Charlieost says:
I nominate Vinnie Jones for his part in all the films he has been in where all he is required to do is growl at people or slam their heads in car doors.
No chance of playing the lead in Romeo and Juliet then Vinnie.

Posted on 21 Aug 2010 00:34:23 BDT
I like Vinnie Jones but he's the only "Worst ex something else turned actor" that I can think of, so it's him by default.

:(

Posted on 21 Aug 2010 00:47:45 BDT
gille liath says:
Mick Jagger
Ice Cube
Jason Statham - he's always been an 'actor' as far as I know, but he's obviously missed his real vocation in life as a white van man.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2010 16:13:53 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
Now there's a thought: Vinnie Jones as Romeo; so who would be the ideal Juliet? Katie Price?

Posted on 21 Aug 2010 16:29:59 BDT
Vinnie is good at what he does best - playing thugs who slam people's heads in car doors etc. A bit limited but in Hollywood's golden era there were plenty of actors who only played gangsters or cowboys or cops etc. Mercifully he hasn't tried to branch out into anything else unlike Arnie and his attempts at comedy.

Posted on 21 Aug 2010 21:20:35 BDT
Syleroth says:
Danny Dyer

Posted on 21 Aug 2010 22:06:53 BDT
gille liath says:
So there are some Jason Statham fans in da house?

I'll say this for him, if the 'acting' work dries up, he'll always have carpentry to fall back on. Not as a tradesman, as material.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2010 22:07:38 BDT
gille liath says:
Dyer by name, dire by nature. But what was he 'before'?

Posted on 22 Aug 2010 20:25:27 BDT
Bob Dylan,for Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2010 09:28:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Aug 2010 09:29:11 BDT
<Jason Statham - he's always been an 'actor' as far as I know>

Actually he was on the British National Diving Squad for a number of years then worked as a male model for Tommy Hilfiger and French Connection at which point he was spotted by Guy Ritchie... and as mentioned already he's good at the roles he takes on and knows it, rather than trying to "soften his image" by branching out into areas which wouldn't suit him.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2010 12:01:15 BDT
gille liath says:
That's quite interesting. Him being a model is the one thing more ridiculous than being an actor. The National Diving Squad - don't know what that is, but it sounds more like him.

Oh, you mean like Olympic diving? "Chuckle"...

Each to their own, like. I do actually quite enjoy his films, because he's so completely ridiculous. He's as limited an actor as Vinnie Jones, but without any of the authentic tough-guy stuff - not to mention being the true heir of Michael Caine in the field of accents. I cannot imagine what it is about him that has enabled him to crack the States, where so many more talented people have failed; but apparently he has, and good luck to him.

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 10:46:15 BDT
Veyland says:
Mylene Class? Not as an actor but as a presenter of mind-numbing TV dross. For god's sake she's got a degree in Astrophysics, is a classically trainned musician, and is incredibly attractive. Yet she's content to do articles on 'leaving the toilet seat up'? Come on Mylene where's your Class gone.

Posted on 6 Sep 2010 12:58:24 BDT
Madonna and ermm Madonna. Definately Madonna. Did I mention Madonna?

Posted on 6 Sep 2010 18:47:40 BDT
Paul Tapner says:
In the third season of chuck vinnie jones plays a ruthless arms dealer who is seduced then betrayed by a CIA agent. At one point she convinces him that she's actually fallen for him after all and he totally believes her for a second. In that scene I thought his acting was rather good.

I'd nominate kelly brooke. Very pretty lady but her 'acting' in a guest role in the first season of smallville. Worst acting ever

Posted on 6 Sep 2010 19:19:53 BDT
J.Yasimoto says:
Cantona
The Rock / Hulk Hogan
Arnie? - an actor he ain't

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2010 09:20:46 BDT
One of the many joys of "End of Days"--for me, a "so bad it's good" movie--was watching Arnie trying to be a flawed, "sensitive" guy. It also contained a scene that was very close to Monty Python's "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" Add Gabriel Byrne as Satan and Rod Steiger as Rod Steiger.
But to be fair to Arnie, he made quite a good job of "The Last Action Hero"; I feel that comedy is his forte.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the drama discussion forum (365 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  drama discussion forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  16 May 2010
Latest post:  16 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions