Customer Discussions > drama discussion forum

Films you desperately want,as yet unreleased on DVD.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 965 posts in this discussion
Posted on 15 May 2009 00:14:29 BDT
Hawks with Timothy Dalton, Anthony Edwards and Janet McTeer. Laughing one minute, crying the next ..... all right the storyline is a bit naff but the main female characters are wonderfully unattractive and brilliant. And when she comes to his room.....!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2009 16:57:49 BDT
mondo cane is out on dvd

Posted on 29 May 2009 07:45:34 BDT
Carny. Just to swoon over Robbie Robertson - Corrrr!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 11:28:21 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
hi, found 11 copies for sale via amazon.com,one is from korea, this is a multi region version ,u should take a look,.there is also lot of info on a website ..
Go to internet type imdb from the list look for INTERNATIONAL MOVIE DATA BASE, U will enjoy i am sure , happy watching , have fun , best wishes (luvmovie)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 12:09:55 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
hi, NO MANS LAND .was a TV production ,1978. and is now owned by bbc4.a company that deals with cop/. etc, .sorry tried hard to find a copy, only one from netherlands in dutch,. GOOD LUCK, lots of just as good classics out there (luvmovie)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 13:00:39 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
hi have found 2 copies of a film called SIMBA. dirk bogarde&virginia mckenna.1955.
not sure about (markof mau mau ) being in title on cover but u should maybe check it out,.
EBAY .COM (catagory) dvd movie fim, put in title SIMBA. Good luck
best wishes (luvmovie)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 16:53:46 BDT
C. Ryan says:
spies like us is great!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 19:30:01 BDT
J. McFarlane says:
Don't know If you got it, but satellite station Simply Movies are showing Creatures The World Forgot (sadly in a full screen transfer), being repeated quite often.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 19:41:16 BDT
J. McFarlane says:
If Mr Pacey is there, i have a TV print transferred to dvd-r of Where's Jack, a film which i don't think
will be released officially. I had taped it for the wonderful Caroline Munro's involvement, if you want a print get in touch OK

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 20:12:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2009 20:27:22 BDT
Jane Austen says:
Not sure if anyone else has replied already or if you have an ebay account but I did get this DVD on ebay. It is Region 1 officially but some Region 1 DVDs can be played on Region 2 players. Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-STAR-IS-BORN-1976-Barbra-Streisand-DVD-region-2-new_W0QQitemZ260365378330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item3c9efc631a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A2109%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50. Sorry thought this would come up as a reply to rock n roll animal's post of 17th April 2009 not a new post but this is in connection with A Star is Born starring Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. Hope it gets to him.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 20:55:03 BDT
Jane Austen says:
In reply to Jane Austen dated 7 May 2009, "Agatha" starring Vanessa Redgrave appears to have been released only on VHS in the UK and on DVD in Germany only although Region 2 and can be played in English without subtitles. Both are available on ebay and also on amazon although more expensive. I have seen it at least twice on itv3 as part of an Agatha Christie weekend

Posted on 29 May 2009 22:44:52 BDT
G. Wilson says:
Would love a R2 release of The Man Who Never Was. That's one of my favourite war films of the 50s and I've got most of the other war classics on dvd apart from this one. I just keep missing recording this everytime its on telly.

Posted on 29 May 2009 23:35:19 BDT
Da Parsons says:
The Hammer films in which Christopher Kee played Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, The Mummy & Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde (I,Monster) perhaps they are being kept back for an R2 boxset?

Posted on 30 May 2009 11:33:19 BDT
Michael Mann's The Keep - why this isn't out is a mystery, I have a Laserdisc Copy and saw an Website set up by a French Guy with planned Packaging art he'd created, but nothing since.

One for the cultists amongst you, a Channel 4 Series called Brond that was broadcast in the mid - late 80's.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 11:48:44 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
URGENT . copy for sale on e bay . 27.99 seller lives in uk..
THE KEEP. STAR, Scot Glen ,Gabriel Byrne, Ian Mckellen. DIR,Michael Man.
release , dec 1983. Go for it , good luck. (luvmovie)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 16:38:57 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
hi hope u can play v.h.s..
1 death of a soldier ,brown /coburn. NOW , NOW V.H.S AMAZON.COM.
2 no surrender, ellis/mcanally. NOW ,NOW ..V.H.S. AMAZON .COM.
U COULD TRANSFER TO DVD, NOWERDAYS. GOOD LUCK . luvmovie)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 16:53:04 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
hi, ARE U READY,.
1 a touch of love available amazon.com now.
2 that cold day in the park ditto
3the out of towners. ditto
4whos afraid virginia wolf ditto
5 up and dow staircase, ditto.
all staring sandy dennis , there are more , so check out AMAZON .COM UK.
GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN (LUVMOVIE)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 17:01:05 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
HI , Have found 5 yes 5 copies of GLOOMY SUNDAY, for sale on EBAY.COM.
worth a look , good luck , have fun .(luvmovie)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 17:06:49 BDT
D. Lloyd says:
hi ready
1 copy of split second, rutger hauer/new region 2 sealed. now now.

on ebay.com . sale ends in one day . good luck have fun. (luvmovie)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 18:08:29 BDT
Thank you for this. I have now ordered a copy of The Passion of Joan of Arc, which hopefully will arrive in just over a month. I've been waiting many years for this, so thanks again.

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 00:27:08 BDT
Homer says:
Here is (what I speculate may be) the most asked-for yet unreleased film ever...

*** Sole Survivor ***

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0065007/

Synopsis: "Made for TV, and based on the true story of the wreck of an American bomber found in the Libyan desert in 1960, where the crew's bodies were never found, Sole Survivor is a wartime ghost tale. The ghosts of a bomber crew hang around their crashed plane, awaiting the day that their bones will be recovered and given a decent burial. The sole survivor, navigator Russell Hamner (Richard Basehart), has in the intervening 25 years become a general. He joins an investigation team that has come across the wreckage, while the ghosts, headed by Major Devlin (Vince Edwards), plot to expose Hamner as a coward who deserted his post and left his crew-mates to die.

A gripping movie in the "Twilight Zone" vein."

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 11:55:56 BDT
tiggycat says:
Bolshoi ballet films from the mid to late 60s starring Plisetskaya (and archived bbc films filmed live in the late 60s
Roberto Benigni films in region 2 with English subtitles- other than the wonderful life is beautiful which is available.
The Stuttgart ballet company recording of Marcia Haydee in Onegin
please please please!

Posted on 3 Jun 2009 00:15:36 BDT
pfvll says:
In 1968 the BBC showed a puppet cartoon of the ballet 'Petrushka'. It was made by Bura and Hardwick, then acknowledged as master animators. It became a huge success and was listed in the 1969 BBC Handbook as its most successful arts programme of the previous year. I have seen rooms full of four-to-seven-years olds absolutely wide-eyed, entranced by this film from beginning to end. What's more, for days after they hum and whistle Stravinsky's folk melodies and complex rhythms faultlessly and dance the key character parts, imitating the ballet movements as only youngsters can.

I've been trying to find a copy for twenty years. It's unobtainable. The BBC has it, but refuses to release it with some nonsense excuse about copyright. Surely whoever has the copyright would be only too pleased to get some payments?

Musicians and teachers grumble about kids not being exposed to classical music - this is a film which grabs them instantly!

Why can't we have a DVD of it?

Posted on 3 Jun 2009 03:38:19 BDT
Young Bess

Posted on 3 Jun 2009 09:34:53 BDT
- 'Jeanne La Pucelle' 1 & 2 (Joan The Maid) by Jacques Rivette. Both films are available on an American DVD - short versions only... Would be nice to have the full versions!
- 'To Kill A Priest' by Agnieszka Holland. Tried Polish, French, German, American and Korean websites, but apparently no (official) DVD has ever been released, anywhere...
- 'Fear and Desire' by Stanley Kubrick. The bootleg copy which is readily available is too awful for words!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the drama discussion forum (364 discussions)

ARRAY(0xa6290234)

This discussion

Discussion in:  drama discussion forum
Participants:  546
Total posts:  965
Initial post:  29 Mar 2009
Latest post:  21 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 47 customers

Search Customer Discussions