Customer Discussions > drama discussion forum

what's been the scariest film you have seen?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 361 posts in this discussion
Posted on 1 Oct 2009 22:21:31 BDT
When i was a kid i saw a cheep production movie with giant spiders eating humans. After that i was afraid of dark for years. That spiders are in the dark, oh no.... on of them is behind me... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............ just jocking, muha hahahahahahah muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. But seriously, that f***in' movie was f***in' scary, i'm still afraid!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2009 23:29:13 BDT
charred says:
Thanks stephen D. Hester, I'm going to finally watch it again this weekend, I can't wait. If anyone is interested you can watch it on yahoo video. The quality is pretty bad but It comes highly recommended.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2009 00:21:41 BDT
I agree with The Birds, i was only really young, prob too young to watch it, but im not too good with birds even now lol!
REC is definately scary.
and yes I can see the Donald Sutherland thing aswell.
also cant remember exactly but i think was an episodes of the avengers, anyway had something to do with rats, n i had to check under the bed for weeks after, was convinced i could hear scratching.... again too young i think.

Posted on 2 Oct 2009 01:13:50 BDT
Dougall78 says:
Id have to say The Omen its the music that does it i think..Others when i was a kid would include The Thing, Salems lot, the amityville horror and halloween..

Posted on 3 Oct 2009 08:49:04 BDT
The scariest Film I have ever seen was "THE NIGHT HAS EYES" James Mason, Mary Clare. Now have a copy on VHS and it has been abridged = not nearlynso scary. Why do film distriburors do ths ?
Andy Bowman

Posted on 3 Oct 2009 09:10:12 BDT
halloween(1978) scared me pretty badly when i was 9
Jaws(1975) coudldn't sleeps for weeks actually
The Terminator(1984) end scene when i was 7 scared the crap out of me

Posted on 3 Oct 2009 11:42:15 BDT
Andrew Carr says:
watched E.T. when i was like 5 and had nightmares for ages and still gives me the creeps now! And to top it off my parents made me go on a E.T. ride at universal studios in california WASNT impressed :S.

Posted on 8 Oct 2009 22:44:45 BDT
Robert Beard says:
The only time I have ever been genuinely scared by a film was as a teenager, late one night, watching the climax of 'The Wicker Man', starring Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee and Britt Ekland. No monsters, no demons, no supernatural evil - just people doing really nasty things to someone... as they do.

Posted on 10 Oct 2009 15:07:01 BDT
eye sore says:
Scariest film, for me its Un Chien Andalou (1928) silent, B/W makes no sence at all , but the first 30 seconds close up of an eye ball being cut in half by a razor blade, im feeling bad just thinking about it now, it's o.k it was a cow's eye that was cut but i didn't find that out till years later. Not being shown on TV even now in the 21st century, now
thats scary. Total respect to Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali.

Posted on 10 Oct 2009 16:32:02 BDT
J. Edwards says:
Can anyone remember The Sentinel a film from the 70s based in a brownstone building in New York a really scary film but I can't find it anywhere

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2009 20:36:24 GMT
Was this the one with the little green men in the fireplace? If so, also my scariest nightmare-inducing movie too!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2009 03:40:34 GMT
T. A. Davies says:
I agree that the scare quotient of D C Harrison's two cited 60s/70s films is high - but the most horrifying of that vintage for me was "Compulsion", directed bu Roman Polanski.

Posted on 22 Nov 2009 11:14:51 GMT
W. Harris says:
The Night of the Demon..old b/w movie...classic!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2009 21:51:07 GMT
Dw Marshall says:
I'd go with Compulsion, too. The plaster soft walls, the cracking walls, the killing of Patrick Wymark by slicing across the back of his neck with the cutthroat..........chilling. Oh, and the flies on the meat!
I'd put Rosemary's Baby in there too for the sheer sense of dread it evokes.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2009 18:16:33 GMT
addy says:
May I say how much you made me laugh? At 18, waiting to go to college, I was a cinema usherette and saw the Sound of Music twice a day for six weeks! It still hurts.

Can I suggest Hill House, an old but very scary film best watched alone in the dark.

Posted on 29 Nov 2009 22:26:55 GMT
bethystar2 says:
28 days later was freaky x

Posted on 30 Nov 2009 00:25:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2009 00:50:17 GMT
'Bob' in Twin Peaks. A regular visitor to my nightmares for years. I guess it's most to do with David Lynch's direction. And the Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz.

Posted on 4 Dec 2009 19:51:38 GMT
CRAIG MCEWAN says:
Spiceworld...I start shaking uncontrollably, turn into babbling wreck, and scream whenever it's mentioned.

Posted on 4 Dec 2009 20:13:24 GMT
N. Armstrong says:
'don't look now' that midget with the knife and the girl in the red coat. sent me hysterical. Alien was pretty good too.

Posted on 4 Dec 2009 20:15:49 GMT
JoD says:
I'd go for Lost Highway, a truly dark masterpiece directed by David Lynch.

Posted on 5 Dec 2009 09:11:40 GMT
Silvermoon says:
Seeing Friday the 13th at a friends house when I was about 10. Last seen where Jason grabs the woman in the canoe. Parents went ballistic when they found out. Hasn't changed my viewing habits. Love horror, but have to fast forward through the end of the film. Also The Blair Witch Project, watched it again yesterday. Still freaked me out. LOL

Posted on 11 Dec 2009 17:42:59 GMT
Jennyfer says:
The Descent made me jump the first time I saw it.
And Mars Attacks! is so creepy, lol.

Posted on 11 Dec 2009 19:29:06 GMT
mrsbear says:
the woman in black.....

Posted on 12 Dec 2009 16:05:14 GMT
bug says:
Halloween - first saw it on Halloween night when I was about 10. It finished around 1am and I then had to go to my bedroom alone for the night. I was so scared, even now 15 years later it stil gives me the creeps.

Posted on 12 Dec 2009 22:34:07 GMT
You don't know fear until you see Ju-On The Grudge, forget the American version, the original Japanese film is utterly terrifying, definately not adviced viewing if you're on your own. I recommend it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the drama discussion forum (364 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  drama discussion forum
Participants:  289
Total posts:  361
Initial post:  3 Jul 2009
Latest post:  14 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions