Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

yodel delivery

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Dec 2011 14:18:58 GMT
Been in on two consecutive days expecting parcels - both times came into kitchen to find a card left. Please Amazon stick to our own fantastic delivery service. puts me off buying if the delivery service is Yodel. Get rid!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 10:48:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Dec 2011 10:49:32 GMT
Paul Welman says:
I am totally of the same opinion as you Christine...YODEL is a definite no no as far as I'm concerned and told a rep of Amazon this on Friday and Saturday after being let down by YODEL 2 days running...and I second this Amazon...GET RID of YODEL making your deliveries or you will be getting complaints from some very unsatisfied customers!!!!!

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 11:05:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Dec 2011 11:10:36 GMT
Nicki says:
I have also had huge issues with Yodel. Firstly to be told three days running my parcel was returned to depot as i couldnt be reached, despite being at home and no calling card being left, to then needing to call their depot and being told the parcel did not leave depot at all. Contacted Amazon to complain and it still took a further 4 days for Yodel to get parcel to me despite being at home at each time they apparently attempted delivery. So there was 7 attempted delieveies (apparently) and certainly no calling cards and sign of atempted deliveries but i did eventually recieve my parcel. I think amazon should GET RID OF YODEL. The service is awful and will affect amazons reputation as i will look for alternative places to buy just incase its yodel delivering my goods.

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 11:12:17 GMT
Wally says:
Yodel tried to deliver to me on Thursday and I was at work so left a calling card. On the Friday I was at home all day so re-arranged delivery - came downstairs to find another calling card with "If you are not going to be at home please do not arrange for re-delivery" written upon a new card.
Yesterday I came home to find another card saying that it had been left with a neighbour - on seeing the parcel the bag was all open and the product quite clearly visible. It appears as though nothing is missing - but nothing short of a shoddy service from Yodel.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 11:19:37 GMT
I am having exactly the same problem. Apparently Yodel have tried to deliver my parcel three times but no card left. Now I am waiting for Pickapost to contact me again. They can't get hold of Yodel either. Never had problems like this with Yodel before, I am told it could be down to temporary staff. I'll pass this info on to my granddaughter on Christmas Day

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 11:30:15 GMT
Lisa Brown says:
Yodal are an absolute joke have never heard of this company before this year and seems as though everyone is using them all of a sudden. Almot certain that they have bitten off more than they can chew this year and will not purchase anything online if they are using Yodal as a courier service would rather pay a bit more and shop elsewhere

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 11:32:24 GMT
I have only dealt with Yodel once, but it was a seller from eBay. The driver failed to deliver the item, fair enough right? he left a card with "will come back tomorrow,please call" so we called... He then said that he won't be able to come back till the next week because he is off work now! He then sent my mother a text with his home address, saying "you can come and pick it up if you want"...the item i had bought was a printer, in which he left in his car or house for a few days until we contacted management of Yodel who made him deliver it... Really i found it extremely rude and inappropriate. I seen him coming to deliver it the next day, he pulled it out of his boot and just dropped it on the floor, and dragged it by the handle. Contacted the eBay seller and they have changed courier i suggest Amazon does the same.

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 11:33:24 GMT
Lynnette says:
Lynnette says:
I ordered from Amazon on 29th November, inzformed my parcel would arrive on 7th December, I have done a trace on my parcel which reads as follows - Dec 2nd received by courier 12.01 a.m (Cambridge). - Dec 2nd arrival scan 03.17 p.m. (Hatfield Herts) -Dec 2nd departure scan-
5th Dec arrival scan 04.27 a.m.(Heathfield,Sussex)-7th Dec departure scan-9th Dec 12.41 p.m. out for delivery (Aylsham Kent) it is now 11-30.a.m. 12th December and still no sign of my parcel, and why when I live in Sussex was the parcel sent to a depot in Kent. I sent a mail to Yodel last night but have had no reply.

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 11:50:17 GMT
P says:
I sent an email to Yodel on 26th of November, and still have had no reply.

I won't be buying anything larger than a DVD from Amazon again. A shambles, they are.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 11:50:48 GMT
The reason you havent heard of them before is that they only re-branded to YODEL earlier this year, they were HDNL before.

And the reason everyone is using them is that they bought the domestic side of DHL, so any company (amazon) that had contracts with DHL now that contract is with YODEL, and thats how they got so big so fast.

Still a shoddy company, poor service and never take care of your goods.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 11:52:22 GMT
Nicki says:
Lynnette, It takes a lot of waiting but i called the local Yodel depot and demanded to speak to the manager. Took a note of their name and posed my questions to him. Once i had answers (which i still believed were nonsense) i called Amazon and complained till they contacted Yodel on my behalf with all the info i had and that was when i got the parcel. I believe Yodel used to be called Home delivery network till earlier this year.

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 13:08:29 GMT
Order a 500 camera from Best buy. The parcel came the day after is supposed to, so I was at work. While at work I checked online status and it said that it had been signed for by my Surname. When I got home they had left it in the compost bin! Surely if i claimed that I hadnt received it Yodel wouldnt have a leg to stand on!

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 13:43:35 GMT
has any1 got any contact details they received my package on the 5th and haven't even tried to deliver it. It has my boys main xmas pressies in and i'm getting stressed would be nice to have a rant at the right people, I have heard nothing positive from anyone dealing with this company :(

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 15:26:08 GMT
Nicki says:
If your tracking number has 8, 13 or 16 digits then call 0871 244 0525. If your tracking number has 12 digits or starts with JD00, call 0844 248 0555. It will take ages to get through but might help

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 15:41:41 GMT
Mr. P. Blunt says:
The thing is yodel employs other drivers with their own car, my yodel driver who works using his own car is lovely, and he asked if I'm not in could he leave it behind my gate, great although he said he won't if it's raining. Fair enough.Great service there, no complaints.
However the yodel man with the van doesn't speak very good English and is very rude..
The difference is the drivers with his own car gets paid for every parcels he delivers, 60 odd pence per parcel, whereas the van driver is a set wage I believe, so they have no incentive to deliver properly. My twopence worth anyways,
Merry Christmas,

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 18:54:11 GMT
S. C. Eves says:
well, i'm waiting for an elusive Yodel delivery and apparently the parcel doesn't exist on their system as the tracking number is constantly unrecognised!!!

Posted on 13 Dec 2011 12:57:38 GMT
S. Willis says:
They seem to be rubbish at routing packages. I have seen two separate packages on different dates go from Hatfield to Cardiff and then back again wasting two days. I think by the time I get my parcels they will have each racked up over 500 miles, they are only going from Cambridgeshire to Berkshire.

Posted on 13 Dec 2011 13:18:40 GMT
All delivery services can be iffy. We were expecting a UPS parcel today. They came about 10 am when my wife was in. Made very little noise - we have a dog that will bark at the slightest noise and left a card on the step despite there being 60mph winds today.
See a trip to pick it up coming.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2011 13:32:13 GMT
A Baul says:
You can try this link for your local depots number and try to trace the parcel. http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php
If you have not received it by the estimated date, I suggest you contact amazon who will speak to yodel for you. I odered a gift for next day delivery (friday) which did not arrive the next day. I offered to collect from depot, but the helpful Yodel lady said there were 10,000 packages in the depot and she wont be able to find mine!! complained to amazon and was sent a replacement by express delivery through a different courier which arrived on sat morning at 9AM.

Posted on 13 Dec 2011 13:45:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Dec 2011 13:46:23 GMT
Rozzy says:
Ordered From Amazon on Friday Night 9/12/11 dispatched 10th, received on the afternoon of Monday 12th. Yodel delivery man knocked on the door loudly and was very friendly. No problems here :) (used super saver delivery estimated delivery 15th) I live in Rossendale Lancashire.

Posted on 13 Dec 2011 13:56:06 GMT
Gaynorbert says:
i had huge issues with Yodel last week and in the end asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. no call back.
arranged for a parcel to be collected and they didnt show up, ended up sending it back recorded delivery to ensure it was returned in good time.
got home yesterday to be told that a third attempt had been made to deliver a parcel ( which is incorrect as i was home last week) and that they had placed it in my 'safe' delivery place which was my general waste wheelie bin, which was full of my daughters dirty nappies!!! Nice.
i thin kthe service they provide is rubbish and is certainly starting to make me think twice before i order from Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2011 14:40:58 GMT
@ Lisa Brown They used to be called HDN or Home delivery network - last Christmas, watchdog did a feature on how pants they were - so they changed their name and ballsed up this Christmas, too!

Posted on 13 Dec 2011 14:42:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Dec 2011 14:44:31 GMT
Miss says:
my parcel didnt come on the date it said it would and i tried tracking and it said a card was left at my home, which there wasnt so i had no contact details for the local depot. i waited a couple of days for redelivery and still nothing so i sent a comment through the website, heard nothing and 2 days later left my house to find the parcel on my doorstep, they didnt even knock on the door!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2011 14:43:42 GMT
It will take ages to get through because they are premium rate numbers.... they profit from failure!!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2011 14:56:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Dec 2011 14:56:58 GMT
Exactly my experience! Yodel delivered to same wrong address on 2 consecutive occasions and then left with yet another wrong address. Couldn't distinguish between 1 and 1A - how illiterate is that?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 117 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Royal Mail, our national treasure 99 21 minutes ago
DPD Delivery service 4411 3 hours ago
The Bible ....Fact or Fiction????? 2936 3 hours ago
What would your super power be? 19 4 hours ago
Just Chat and stuff like that 629 5 hours ago
scottish independence yayyy or nehhhh 199 7 hours ago
What annoys you? 2922 7 hours ago
Hamster Licensing 47 7 hours ago
Tell us a Joke 2 2397 8 hours ago
Prime 3 9 hours ago
MBNA Amazon Credit Card 0 9 hours ago
Petition to scrap Yodel 530 13 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  1840
Total posts:  2916
Initial post:  9 Dec 2011
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 73 customers

Search Customer Discussions