Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

eBay are ripping off sellers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 365 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Dec 2013 09:08:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Dec 2013 20:54:56 GMT
WHY ARE EBAY TAKING 10% OF THE POSTAL CHARGE?!!!!!! I am an O.A.P...with five children and seven grandchildren on a fixed pension....Ebay now charge 10% commission on both sales and postage...I have been selling my children's old games and toys that they have grown out of so that I can buy them Christmas presents....If I sell a game for two pounds and with two pounds to post it...EBay charges 40 pence commission...e.g..I get one pound sixty pence for each game......for a two pound sale......basically Ebays fees are penalizing the small sellers.....please support this discussion...possibly Ebay will loose custom..and revise their extortionate fees..An unhappy Ebay seller

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 10:17:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jan 2014 13:01:53 GMT
ALSO IF THINGS COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE!!!!!Also PAYPAL WHO ARE OWNED BY EBAY.......charge twenty pence per transaction PLUS 3.4% on the sale and postage....so we only get one pound twenty seven pence per game.(£1.27)..for a game that we have sold for £2·00....that is over thirty six per cent deduction(36%)....WHAT BUNCH OF THIEVES.......again the small guy gets ripped off...has any one had a similar problem????

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 10:20:09 GMT
This is the price you pay to use eBay. If you don't like it, don't use it.
Where did you read that you were entitled to anything for free? If eBay don't charge, they don't run and they charge for postage to stop sellers selling items for a tiny amount and making all of their money on the p&p. Use your heads.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 11:07:04 GMT
gng says:
Yes but that is easy to stop by only allowing a specific p & p charge,you are wrong this a money making/catch that e-bay employs!!

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 11:47:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Dec 2013 12:18:51 GMT
Don't eBay have there own forums to discuss stuff?

And have to agree with mr l gardiner they are a business and they have to make money, if they don't make money, they will close, do you expect them to do it all for nothing? Right or wrong it's how most business operate

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 11:57:51 GMT
Brunel says:
Spot on answer, rules recently changed regarding postage. Ebay like most business's are in the game to make money.

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 12:15:16 GMT
Mr W says:
Personally , the reason I barely sell anything through ebay was the unreasonable postage limits they had.
& these never increased in line with royal mails extortionate price hikes. So for example a dvd boxset that cost around £2.60 2nd class a couple of years back jumped to around £6 yet ebay still had a limit of £4.00.
This led to a no win situation where you tried to build into the item price and the item wouldn't sell or you'd get the cheapskates haggling you down. Or you were open about the postage with a 99p start and added postage the snipers refused to bid until the last millisecond. Meaning a collection of dvds I sold only fetched 99p + the postage and actually cost me money after all of ebays fees and postage costs.

This is why small sellers have deserted these greedy sites . See the "should zoverstocks be banned" discussion on here about the impact they have on small amazon marketplace sellers . You would be better off throwing items in the bin than selling as its quicker and cheaper as people are too cheap to pay the true value of the item and the high postage small sellers pay compared to bulk seller rates.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 12:17:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Dec 2013 13:56:46 GMT
Dear Mr Gardener..Thanks for your comment..EBay have a virtual monopoly..they are a multinational..there is an on going discussion in the US in regards to the fees...their profit is emmense.....made from extortionate fees charged to mums...dads....grandparents....hope you have a good Christmas....love and peace....PS. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE AN EBAY APOLOGIST...DO YOU WORK FOR EBAY?....OR A PROFESSIONAL SELLER?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 12:28:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Dec 2013 12:47:34 GMT
Dear Dwight Schrute..The defenders of the EBay multinational with their bloated profits do not realize the small guy have no real alternative to EBay...a tax of thirty per cent is extortionate...love and peace.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 12:37:27 GMT
Thanks Mr. Taylor..do you know of Ebay forums in GB..There are some in the US....where there is a heated debate on extortionate fees.....hope you have a good Xmas.....love and peace

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 12:56:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Dec 2013 13:26:41 GMT
Jules Baker says:
l too am trying to make cash for Xmas to buy presents for my kids.Basically ebay are stealing off my young family.What ebay are doing is indefensible

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 13:25:54 GMT
Adrianm121 says:
I don't sell on eBay anymore just for that reason. Theres plenty other avenues one can take to make sales and not get ripped off!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 13:35:49 GMT
masterbasher says:
Find a local selling group on FACEBOOK and sell them for FREE, but, beware of some people using tactics to get items cheaper or delivered for free

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 13:36:05 GMT
Jules Baker says:
I know of Gum Tree.there are some horrific stories.It now is called Scum Tree.You can sell on Facebook.But is collected from your house.EBay is a monopoly.Sellers are at their mercy.

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 13:38:48 GMT
Love and peace here is a link to ebay uk seller forums

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/27

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 13:48:29 GMT
Thanks for the link.hope you have a good Xmas

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 15:19:53 GMT
Graham says:
Umm, have you checked the fees charged for selling on Amazon? :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 21:44:42 GMT
Dear Mr Parry...Amazon like EBay a multinational in a dominate position.....probably price fix....Love and peace

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 22:03:39 GMT
DO NOT EVER BUY FROM EBAY BECAUSE YOUR ££$ IS AT RISK
I REPEAT MY FACTUAL WARNING ABOUT "E Decay Bay"
As it seems we still have some people badly
misleading by inviting
Amazon customers to "use EBay"

Ebay seelers are continually harassed & ripped off.

Paypal/ PAY ENEMY are 100 times worse than any allegations against Yodel this
is because Pay Enemy continuously FREEZE & SEIZE customer's MONEY
by using so called @security ID@ excuses which after weeks of trying to comply
result in Pay Enemy digesting & keeping YOUR
$$$$ ££££ permanently.
I have had Poisonous Paypal
grab and seize MY£££$$$$
hence I NEVER USE E BAY
who own Paypal urghhhhh.
With Yodel I have had over 50 deliveries and only once
was there a slight problem.
This is the "E Bay" curse Paypal
and it matters NOT if Royal Mail
are used when Pay Enemy steal
your hard earned money.
See THE FACTS on various sites
especially SCREWPAYPAL COM

Screw PayPal Factual Notice

Tuesday, June 06, 2006
We were shocked...
Being a Power Seller on Ebay with 99.6% good feedback from 441 happy buyers/sellers, we were astonished to find out that PayPal had blocked our account. Having around $12,000 from recent auctions sitting in our PayPal account, it seems that PayPal found an opportunity. They actually performed an "audit" on our selling activities, wanting information about our customers, our suppliers, invoices and other proprietary information. We run a brick and mortar business as well as mail-order and ecommerce, selling specific parts for specific applications. We have been doing this for 30 years! We could not believe the audacity of these folks. After doing some research, it seems that our case is just a drop in the bucket. We have started this site to help spread the word on PayPal's unethical business practices, to hopefully steer someone who is considering using PayPal as a payment acceptance avenue, in a different direction.

// posted by Administrator @ 6/06/2006 02:59:00 PM 5 comments

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2013 22:12:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Dec 2013 22:15:36 GMT
* AboutPayPal org
paypalsucks com
ebaysucks com
warningpaypal com etc etc

DO NOT EVER BUY FROM EBAY BECAUSE YOUR ££$ IS AT RISK I REPEAT MY FACTUAL WARNING ABOUT "E Decay Bay" As it seems we still have some people badly misleading by inviting Amazon customers to "use EBay" Paypal/ PAY ENEMY are 100 times worse than any allegations against Yodel this is because Pay Enemy continuously FREEZE & SEIZE customer's MONEY by using so called @security ID@ excuses which after weeks of trying to comply result in Pay Enemy digesting & keeping YOUR $$$$ ££££ permanently. I have had Poisonous Paypal grab and seize MY£££$$$$ hence I NEVER USE E BAY who own Paypal urghhhhh. With Yodel I have had over 50 deliveries and only once was there a slight problem. This is the "E Bay" curse Paypal and it matters NOT if Royal Mail are used when Pay Enemy steal your hard earned money. See THE FACTS on various sites especially SCREWPAYPAL COM Screw PayPal Factual Notice Tuesday, June 06, 2006 We were shocked... Being a Power Seller on Ebay with 99.6% good feedback from 441 happy buyers/sellers, we were astonished to find out that PayPal had blocked our account. Having around $12,000 from recent auctions sitting in our PayPal account, it seems that PayPal found an opportunity. They actually performed an "audit" on our selling activities, wanting information about our customers, our suppliers, invoices and other proprietary information. We run a brick and mortar business as well as mail-order and ecommerce, selling specific parts for specific applications. We have been doing this for 30 years! We could not believe the audacity of these folks. After doing some research, it seems that our case is just a drop in the bucket. We have started this site to help spread the word on PayPal's unethical business practices, to hopefully steer someone who is considering using PayPal as a payment acceptance avenue, in a different direction. // posted by Administrator @ 6/06/2006 02:59:00 PM 5 comments This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Links * AboutPayPal org paypalsucks com ebaysucks com warningpaypal com etc etc

Guidelines
Edit this post | Permalink
1 of 2 people think this post adds to the discussion.
Your post, in reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2013 23:33:16 GMT
Last edited by you on 14 Dec 2013 23:36:44 GMT
BAN LOUD ROCK METAL PUNK RAP NOISES says:
NEVER buy from
ebay sucks com or use paypal com
Paypal or PAY ENEMY have been SUED IN COURT USA AND LOST PAYING OUT
MILLIONS OF $$ (See EVIDENCE ETC)

My natural concern is that posters or
customers complaining about Yodel
have been seriously MISLED & FOOLED
into shopping at EBAYSUCKS COM and
therefore exposed to the PAYPAL EVILS

THE FACTS/EVIDENCE/COURT CASES
Against Paypal (Pay Enemy) and Ebay
are SELF EVIDENT for VERIFICATION.
QED
How Does PayPal Make Money With My Money?

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, there are approx. 100,000 complaints outstanding at PayPal (Are any of these yours?). In many instances disputes can run on for months leaving people frustrated and out of pocket as they are unable to access their accounts. So what happens to the millions of dollars tied up in frozen accounts and disputes? Well, here is a clip from the San Francisco Chronicle that basically sums it up:

U.S. District Judge Jeremy Fogel of San Jose refused to dismiss a lawsuit that seeks class-action status on behalf of thousands of PayPal customers nationwide. A common allegation is that the company brushes off or stalls customer grievances for months and meanwhile freezes the customer's account and pockets the interest (So that's how they make their money!). No wonder they freeze so many accounts!

QED
Edit your post:
Insert a product link To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
NEVER buy from ebay sucks com or use paypal com Paypal or PAY ENEMY have been SUED IN COURT USA AND LOST PAYING OUT MILLIONS OF $$ (See EVIDENCE ETC) My natural concern is that posters or customers complaining about Yodel have been seriously MISLED & FOOLED into shopping at EBAYSUCKS COM and therefore exposed to the PAYPAL EVILS THE FACTS/EVIDENCE/COURT CASES Against Paypal (Pay Enemy) and Ebay are SELF EVIDENT for VERIFICATION. QED How Does PayPal Make Money With My Money? According to the San Francisco Chronicle, there are approx. 100,000 complaints outstanding at PayPal (Are any of these yours?). In many instances disputes can run on for months leaving people frustrated and out of pocket as they are unable to access their accounts. So what happens to the millions of dollars tied up in frozen accounts and disputes? Well, here is a clip from the San Francisco Chronicle that basically sums it up: U.S. District Judge Jeremy Fogel of San Jose refused to dismiss a lawsuit that seeks class-action status on behalf of thousands of PayPal customers nationwide. A common allegation is that the company brushes off or stalls customer grievances for months and meanwhile freezes the customer's account and pockets the interest (So that's how they make their money!). No wonder they freeze so many accounts! QED

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2013 23:22:37 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 21 Dec 2013 17:47:23 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2013 01:18:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Dec 2013 02:34:48 GMT
You could try EBID.They charge very little,No listing fees.A very small percentage for selling your item and only if it sells and FREE or very little depending on your adds if you open your own shop.They seem to manage without ripping sellers and buyers off.The BID not the BAY.Thats what i say.lorraine
UPDATE ,HERES A LINK IF YOUR INTERESTED http://ie.ebid.net/buddy/1453647

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2013 03:26:01 GMT
carole lind says:
ebay own gumtree im sure????

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2013 03:27:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Dec 2013 01:17:35 GMT
If posters appreciate my facts/evidence
about Ebay sucks & paypalenemy
then I would welcome a yes click
as so far I have had some clearly
ebay sucks supporters with a no

I am on Ebay sucks UK and USA
but I never buy or sell anymore
due to the ebay paypal frauds.
I am a very honest person hating noises rock/metal/punk..
Millions of quiet peaceful neighbours are disturbed by
students/youth noise pollution
with horrible loud rock/metal etc

Merry xmas and keep fighting
the fraudsters as advised :)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2013 03:33:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Dec 2013 03:34:41 GMT
Yes it seems Ebay sucks bought
Gumtree from founders Crook-all
and Pennington in 2005. Big stink

There are now 3 websites to
AVOID Like the plague:

ebay sucks
paypal or payenemy
gumtree should be glum-tree

Now I am reaching for the
AIR FRESHENER :) :)
after having typed those 3 ogres
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  120
Total posts:  365
Initial post:  16 Dec 2013
Latest post:  6 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions