Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

Email Amazon to stop using Yodel

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Dec 2012 12:54:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Dec 2012 12:55:24 GMT
BobW says:
Hi All,
I too have had problems with Yodel and have posted on various discussions. Amazon however do not appear to listen to our complaints on discussion boards. The best approach is to send your complaint via email to the UK CEO Chris North (cnorth@Amazon.com) copied to Jeff Bezos Amazon CEO (jeff@amazon.com).
You will receive a reply, probably from a lady called Ann Scully, which will at least confirm that your email has been read. So, by all means post on the various Yodel discussions, but in addition send an email complaint to Amazon. Who knows, perhaps if they receive enough emails they will stop using Yodel.

Regards,
Bob

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 21:34:11 GMT
I have just waited in again all day for a delivery from Amazon via Yodel,I will not be using Amazon again.This has happened numerous times before and the tracking always says the item has been delivered!

Posted on 17 Jan 2013 04:21:22 GMT
Deal Grabba says:
Moan moan moan

Posted on 17 Jan 2013 06:28:24 GMT
clik says:
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER BORING POST ON DELIVERIES

Posted on 17 Jan 2013 15:26:00 GMT
Mr Chris says:
im sure the ceo will have a sleepless night after unknowingly having his secretary recieve your email.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2013 15:32:57 GMT
Kevin says:
True. It's not very often deliveries go wrong and I've used Amazon for years.

Posted on 17 Jan 2013 16:23:32 GMT
Simma says:
is it amazon who sent it via yodel or (more likely) a 3rd party seller? because i've never had anything come from actual amazon via yodel and i order a lot...

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2013 15:06:37 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2013 15:07:07 GMT
Got a better idea???

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2013 15:07:29 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 5 Feb 2013 17:11:10 GMT
yodel ? more like local sub contracted delivery drivers , get a good one your ok get a bad one and you either get it dont get it or its left on the drive in the rain they dont seem to care , Amazon are huge and unless thousands complain nothing will change , but i believe you should always say your piece regardless of them not giving a flying fig , its your money you make your choice , i have after a wasted day waiting in and finding the parcel on my doorstep the next day unattended , back it went .

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2013 16:49:20 GMT
K. Crabtree says:
I have just spoken to Amazon, which of course I end up talking to a lady in the Phillipines who can't speak English and does not have a clue at what I am talking about. I wanted to order an electrical item and was worried that they will use Yodel, the worst courier ever and she was not even aware that people are complaining about the company, so I suggested she look at the forum of complaints. Apparently they have a contract with them for another 2 years and they can't cancel them and basically she could not care less whether we order from them or not because they have millions of customers, so afew thousand who complain to them makes no difference. I think this is digraceful. We should all report Amazon and Yodel to the Ombudsman, because I do not want a repeat of the courier man who looked like he just came our of prison turn up and be abusive with my parcel.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 13:03:35 GMT
Do you think the Ombudsman can do something about this? If so, I am game to report them.

Posted on 16 Feb 2013 16:48:28 GMT
Connie says:
Yodel frequently deliver my parcels to the wrong house! I can see confirmation of delivery but surprise surprise! as I didn't get a card to say parcel was left Yodel were unable to help. Thankfully Amazon customer service have never failed me and I always get a FOC replacement. Hassle yes! but at least I'm not out of pocket. Amazon customer service also put an note to Yodel on my order regarding the previous wrong delivery and the Yodel driver was then made responsible to locate the wrongly delivered package and ensure my replacement was delivered correctly! I'm sure Amazon will stop using Yodel when it starts to cost them money.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 18:35:59 GMT
so you object to a man who may have come out of prison ....do you not think he might be working rather than robbing ......i dislike idiots like you dont give anyone a chance .....are you a Tory??/

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 18:39:10 GMT
nothing wrong with amazon .....just yodel

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 19:44:46 GMT
OLUF says:
i have had problem with delivery done through Yodel, I believe that there are some not so diligent workers/delivery personnel at Yodel that are not being held accontable for their actions and are spoilng the good service which once existed but now gone to pots. This kind of lack of accountabilty is what being a major contributing factor to the majority of the companies that have wound up so far.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 19:47:09 GMT
K. Crabtree says:
I have reported your message as abuse.

Posted on 18 Feb 2013 21:01:08 GMT
Hellsbells says:
Yodel is a nightmare, whats the point of putting a reference number on the card if the website cant recognise it. If I had realised they were using Yodel would never purchase from them, had one too many issues with this company, nobody cares or listens to the customer, without customers they wouldnt have a company. Off to find an ombudsman to complain as I cant get my parcel, cant contact Yodel so stuck in limbo

Posted on 18 Feb 2013 21:22:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Feb 2013 21:23:19 GMT
Marcus Ward says:
its very simple your contract is with the seller noT yodel so get in touch with seller who has to sort any problems you might have with yodel, or one other way is to be home when ordering goods, then would no problems SO SIMPLE

Posted on 21 Jun 2013 17:06:13 BDT
Absolutely awful service. I use citylink and various other couriers regularly and have done for years without problems. For 2 collections/2 days they have failed to turn up. When I e mail them I just get fobbed off and when I ring them I am on hold for at least 10mins, cut off again and again and when I do get through told I need to rebook the collection. They even try to put me through to their depot or Amazon customer services even though I am 10miles up the road from their Warrington UK depot. I am on hold again now and have been for 13min so far and still waiting.........Acer Iconia B1 7-inch Tablet (Black) (Dual Core A9 1.2GHz, 512MB RAM, 8GB eMMC, Camera, Wi-Fi, BT, Android 4.1)

Posted on 21 Jun 2013 17:31:21 BDT
David says:
I've ordered god knows how much stuff off here in the past year or 2, and have only had 1 problem, which wasn't with Yodel, but with APC, which didn't leave a card to say it was delivered.

A side from fluctuating prices and annoying delivery costs to sneakily con people, I've not really had a problem with Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2013 18:36:22 BDT
Colin says:
Amazon do NOT use a call-centre in the Philippines. Perhaps it was not Amazon that you called, hence why the person did not know what you were talking about.

Posted on 4 Jan 2014 13:20:05 GMT
Eve says:
I had to ring yodel after waiting in all day for my delivery. I phoned up and they reacon they have been here three times. In fact thet they have been here once. I went out for only ten mins to get gas and had a card in my door when i got back. The driver is useless. No point trying to get in touch with the drivers coz they just dont care and wont call u back when you leave a message. This has happened twice now useing this horrid company. Tell everyone not to use them! I also ordered a phone through them and had to go get it coz the yet again reacon they has come out three times when in fact, they had only come out once. DONT USE YODEL. They will let you down.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2014 13:28:02 GMT
Eve says:
Here are some numbers for yodel 08001577777, 01512882965, 01514772725, 08009047776. Hope these numbers help with your complaint. I have rang all these numbers. Also email complains to yodel customer service : www.customercare@vx.yodel.co.uk Goodluck!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa26a55d0)

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  31 Dec 2012
Latest post:  5 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions