Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

Black Friday deals

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 134 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Nov 2012 00:51:14 GMT
Call me cynical ,but at first view the black friday deals seem to be the same old stuff that nobody would want even at 90 percent off (which I doubt !) Doesnt seem much excitement about this offering .

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 00:54:43 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 19 Nov 2012 01:55:26 GMT]

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 00:59:11 GMT
Deeky24 says:
I lurked last year and got quite a few genuine bargains I actually wanted. And a few Xmas pressies too. Off the top of my head - trainers for work, COD game, some smellies, a handbag and some software. None of which I've seen anywhere cheaper since. I'm impressed with how many items they've put up for tomorrow and think it bodes well for the rest of the week. Not sure what you expect Roger?

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:02:18 GMT
The offers usually start a little quiet with the most sought after items near the end of the week so I wouldn't worry. There's a pretty huge selection for tomorrow in my opinion, a lot more than what was being offered on one day in the past two years.

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:08:31 GMT
BritishHobo says:
Same old stuff? They have an actual PS3 up, on the first day. Good god, are you people EVER happy, or do you just look for any excuse you can to mope and whinge?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:10:54 GMT
Used to be good,real bargains ,got a few myself ,no Playstations just smellies,trainers etc. Doubt we'll see many waitlists this year (a good indication if its a good deal) Still we love it .I'll be hovering for a good deal ,but maybe Tuesday ,
Enjoy Rog

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:11:07 GMT
Isn't it always this way every year sadly BritishHobo? I'm very grateful to Amazon for even offering us this week of deals considering they don't have to.

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:12:03 GMT
E. Benjamin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:12:47 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:13:49 GMT
I'm surprise by the sheer number of items they have listed for tomorrow, could be an interesting week.

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:14:42 GMT
E. Ailia says:
Are we referring to the "lightening deals" or the deals of the week? It's my first time wanting to purchase but I am still not getting it unfortunately! If I see something I like under the "lightening deals" the price shown for example on the Total Core Workout Deluxe, is that the deal price or will the deal price be shown tomorrow at the time the deal starts?
I hope I am making sense!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:14:53 GMT
They do have to ,they want to make money ! Please dont think they're doing their loyal customers a favour - Nobody is that thick .

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:15:40 GMT
E. Benjamin:
Black Friday is the name given to the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, traditionally the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. On this day, most major retailers open extremely early, often at 4 am, or earlier, and offer promotional sales to kick off the holiday shopping season, similar to Boxing Day sales in many Commonwealth Nations.

The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.[4][5] Use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation began to be offered: that "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or are "in the black"

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:19:00 GMT
Amazon do not 'have to' hold Black Friday sales every year, it is an American tradition, no other company does it in the UK or outside of the US as far as I know so no they do not 'have to' do it.

If you have a problem with the items on sale, simply don't purchase them.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:23:07 GMT
An Amazon Employee C j Adelaide .Exactly we dont have to purchase ,but dont think you are doing us consumers a favour .As always we vote with our money .Not a bad post but uncannily the same as the amazon sales blurb !

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:24:35 GMT
BritishHobo says:
What a miserable person the OP of the thread is. As with all of the other years, "no items I specifically want" translates to "mope mope mope Amazon is greedy and these sales suck whine whine whine". Seriously, 60 pages of items for the first day so far, you have no idea what the discounts are, and you're already complaining? Presumably you'll be sticking around all week as the moaners usually do. What fun.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:28:48 GMT
Exactly -its all good fun- got to get your moans in first ! I'll buy a few things as I did the last few years ,but I wont consider Amazon as my Fairy Godmother.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:28:50 GMT
V. Tountas says:
Where is the playstation ? i cant find it.where can i check the deals ?

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:29:14 GMT
Oh dear, I'm not an Amazon employee, I've had my fair share of issues with Amazon regarding deliveries etc but I personally have no problem with their BF deals. All there is on this forum every year is people complaining seemingly wanting Wii's for 10p and iPods for 25p.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:31:43 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:34:52 GMT
I haven't even read the blurb, I was just speaking from my opinion, I'm sorry if it's correlated but at the same time then I have no need to explain myself to you. Why assume I work for Amazon for having a differing view? In that case I'd love to know when they're paying me because I've been missing out! lol

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:38:07 GMT
Dont get me wrong I love it -there are always a couple of real bargains each day which are promptly up for resale on these forums ,keep watching . I just think its hyped too much and maybe gives folks false hope . Tell me I'm wrong Friday Night .
Rog

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:41:52 GMT
Well good luck with your bargain hunting, I just figure if I can find even one gift I want for someone at a good price then it's been worthwhile, I've missed out on some of the things like the £50 wii before but the way I see it I haven't lost out on anything. I don't know, I find the rush to try and snag something at the sale price fun- interested to see what else appears this week especially the Blu-rays.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 01:42:43 GMT
CJ Adelaide -Read the explanation of Black Friday on Amazon ,then explain . Dont Fret its all good fun and only that -just dont let everyone think that Amazon aredoing them a favour .
Love Black Friday Threads every year
Rog

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 01:48:13 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 19 Nov 2012 01:51:40 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Petition to Scrap DPD 5 3 minutes ago
Tell us a Joke 2 4606 1 hour ago
cancelled order, money still taken, help? 63 2 hours ago
another trip down memory lane! 69 2 hours ago
offical yodel complaints forum 2829 4 hours ago
delivery damage to property during delivery 16 5 hours ago
"Dispatching Now" 149 8 hours ago
Say something nice. 1191 9 hours ago
Tea? 6343 10 hours ago
Warning about the Hunter Wellies 21 1 day ago
DPD Delivery service 6742 1 day ago
Estate agents 6 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  74
Total posts:  134
Initial post:  19 Nov 2012
Latest post:  22 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions