Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

Add a post here to petition Amazon to stop using Yodel

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3376-3400 of 10000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 19:01:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jun 2012 19:14:23 BDT
Molly says:
Dear Marcus - I'm not sure if you've thought this through. If people are ripping off Amazon there is no incentive to then go on to a chatroom and complain - as long as a person thinks they've defrauded Amazon successfully why on earth would they feel the need to go onto this discussion page and pretend to be outraged? (And there seems to be an awful lot of very outraged customers). This discussion page is completely anonymous so why would they have to pretend to be protesting? I think you are either being very mean or very stupid... or is this an example of trolling? You have gone even further down in my estimation (and it wasn't at a high point to begin with). I will continue to follow you with much amusement.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 19:13:15 BDT
Molly says:
Dear Miss Ward, have noticed Marcus has posted something more trollish than usual. Apparently trolls get a kick out of being irritating.... fortunately I find his poor punctuation, grammar and spelling all rather amusing.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 19:15:48 BDT
Marcus Ward says:
molly, of course amazon know who adds comments on these sites

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 19:26:51 BDT
are you guys at it again!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 19:31:16 BDT
BOB says:
When YODEL delivered to me I was faced with threatening behaviour and verbal abuse, on contacting Amazon I was told that only my mother in law could complain as she ordered the goods. Amazon please stop using them.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 20:44:33 BDT
Book Worm says:
Twice i've had a card through the door from Yodel saying attempted delivery, both times I was in and they didnt knock or ring bell. It's almost as if they send out a driver with cards to the addresses, and then you have to go to them to collect your parcel. Saves on van drivers, petrol etc. Hermes on the other hand go out of their way to get the parcel to me, cant Amazon start using them instead?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 20:52:03 BDT
Molly says:
Dear Marcus - are you saying that people are trying to support a fraudulent claim against Amazon by coming onto a forum and complaining about their 'failed' delivery in an attempt to support said claim? Rather convoluted, don't you think? Either Amazon will believe them or not and posts on discussion boards will not make any difference. You are becoming more and more desperate... Next, you'll be saying the Queen secretly rules the world and is in an alliance with reptilian aliens (like my brother - who I love dearly - also believes).

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 20:54:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jun 2012 20:56:55 BDT
Molly says:
Dear Mystery Shopper
You're right, I know - I should be old enough to treat Marcus with the contempt he deserves and just ignore him - which I usually try and do - but when is unpleasant or unfair to people who feel they have legitimate complaints I feel obliged to comment. It also passes the time in an interesting and amusing way.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 22:27:07 BDT
Sherlock says:
marcus is a troll,,,,marcus is a troll,,,,,,,,,admit it carcus ????

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 06:31:58 BDT
Yodel lost my package in their Gatwick depot,while I can accept things can go wrong there is not excuse for not answering phone calls or repeated emails,Iwill try not to oreder from companies using their terrible courier service.

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 06:33:48 BDT
The Book Thief

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 08:06:25 BDT
Kerching says:
Easy solution to The Marcus problem just click on 'Ignore this customer' then he can troll to his hearts content, and no one else has to pay his sycophancy any mind!

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 08:10:55 BDT
Please go back to Royal Mail or Parcelforce, I never had a problem then. My prime membership is virtually useless with Yodel, I've never had so many failed deliveries

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 10:06:49 BDT
SMH says:
I have had several instances of failed delivery by HDNL (now relaunched as Yodel) of items that have had to be re-sent by Amazon at their cost. However, the biggest disaster happened last week when a delivery of fresh meat, clearly marked "Perishable" and for delivery within 24 hours took 3 days to reach me and was rotting. The smell of the package was putrid. Fortunately my supplier, the Well Hung Meat Co, are very responsive to their customers and their single trial of Yodel has been discontinued. Oh that Amazon would do the same!

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 10:34:52 BDT
David Wallis says:
Please stop using Yodel

They are useless - They delivered my last PC monitor to the wrong address, 2 miles away with a different postcode.

I've ordered a monitor this week - and am not happy that Amazon are using Yodel for this delivery.

YODEL may be a new name, but the service is as bad as it ever was.

AMAZON - Don't tarnish your own reputation by using these Cowboys

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 11:24:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 16:18:52 BDT
J Hall says:
Please stop using Yodel, I think this petition speaks volumes .. Amazon will start to loose customers.

Yodel are a terrible company to deal with. Unfortunately when ordering goods via Amazon we do not get a choice of courier and after several lost/undelivered items and a lot of my time chasing missing packages and dealing with Yodels appalling customer services, i am very dubious about ordering through Amazon now, which is a shame as i have never had a problem with Amazon themselves and to be fair they have been excellent when helping me trace missing packages. They even sent out a replacement package for an item that was lost by Yodel, unfortunately the replacement item that was sent by Amazon was also not delivered, again by Yodel ! .....

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 11:29:17 BDT
M. Little says:
just sent an email to amazon, doubt it will do any good. been a prime member for 5 years, but it might be time to shop elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 15:31:19 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 15:43:26 BDT
Sherlock says:
Mean ?????? Are you for real....I came on here as an ex-yodel employee to tell all these nice people who are being trampled on by Yodel about this god awful company and to give advice and Marcus is on here Trolling and abusing people so I am afraid he gets it every time....So all you nead to do is troll your way through the forum and check out his comments if you dont believe me.....So please troll off....:-)

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 16:24:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 16:50:25 BDT
G W says:
Sherlock and quite a few others have a valid point.

Time and time and time again throughout this particular thread a certain individual has consistently seen fit to label people who are simply highlighting their problems with Yodel as "whingers" he's also gone so far as calling some "prats" and he's also suggested in a public forum that some of these delivery issues may be from less than honest Amazon customers.

You have to ask yourself why, when people are annoyed, frustrated, and in some cases upset at the 'service' they're getting from Yodel do they deserve to be branded as whingers & prats & have unfounded accusations thrown at them?

Whenever he has been pulled up by others on his antics and comments he tries to play the bullying card which is frankly a joke considering his attitude and comments towards other Amazon customers who have expressed their valid issues with regards to the standard of service being supplied by Yodel/HDNL.

Thankfully though I've now clicked ignore on his posts so no longer read the troll/wum bile being spouted by that particular individual.

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 16:38:16 BDT
Alan Dente says:
Please stop using Yodel! My prime account is useless with Yodel, i've been waiting for an item all day and i don't expect it will even turn up as usual. They frequently try to deliver parcels for the same number house in the next street from me even though the names are not similar in any way and the stuff i order either shows up late in the evening (after waiting in all day) or comes the next day (again in the evening). So unprofessional its unreal. A big company like Amazon should not be using this tinpot service!

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 18:47:03 BDT
GP says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 18:59:11 BDT
Marcus Ward says:

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 20:00:48 BDT
YEP WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 20:52:53 BDT
YEAH sherlock beat that!!!!!!!!!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Bring back Prime Delivery without Instant Video 30 24 minutes ago
What song do you want played at your funeral? 592 2 hours ago
Has anyone had problems with city link delivery service 1 4 hours ago
The Bible ....Fact or Fiction????? 2464 6 hours ago
DPD Delivery service 3172 9 hours ago
Tea? 4851 9 hours ago
What annoys you? 2270 11 hours ago
Tell us a Joke 2 2168 11 hours ago
'fantastic' & 'basically' 11 15 hours ago
SKY Broadband, does anyone have anything good to say about it? 22 18 hours ago
Songs you hate? 61 22 hours ago
What pleases you? 534 22 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  6631
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  2 Dec 2011
Latest post:  2 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 71 customers

Search Customer Discussions