Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

Add a post here to petition Amazon to stop using Yodel

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2976-3000 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 22 Dec 2012 14:15:28 GMT
Amazon box - two books for christmas presents. taped round three ways with Yodel Tape....... Box all squashed.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 13:23:47 GMT
D-No says:
I assume Amazon use Yodel because they are cheap. I have had so many problems with HDNL (as they were then) that I cancelled my Prime account. Amazon were totally disinterested all my correspondence. Yes Yodel are rubbish, but ultimately Amazon are the ones to blame for not listening to their customers,

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 13:19:06 GMT
Phil C says:
Would like to add my voice as I am the latest victim of Yodel's service.

Ordered my Christmas presents from Amazon on the 12th. According to Yodel, my parcel was given to one of their 'agents' on the 18th, but I still haven't received it.

There's no hope of speaking to Yodel by phone, so I went to their depot. The problem is that they use 3rd party self-employed couriers, and so they have no idea where the parcel is, no tracking after it goes to the 3rd party courier, and because they've given it to someone else, no possibility even of collecting it from the depot.

So now it seems almost certain that I will have to go and buy again the dozen or so presents in the box.

Please, Amazon, dump Yodel and use a reputable delivery company.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 13:02:37 GMT
Mike W says:
Yodel's delivery method consists of throwing the parcels over my back gate and posting a card through the door, regardless of whether there is anyone in or not. Ironically the only time a Yodel delivery person has actually rung the doorbell and waited for me to answer was this morning and the parcel was for my neighbour. Everyone I know has had similar experiences with Yodel.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2012 12:53:24 GMT
What annoys me the most is the eventual response from "Yodel" of we are very sorry and will dp all we can to help BUT WE CLOSE AT 12.00. .. to which I said, I could understand that IF it was a missed dekivery etcmm but in this case one of their drivers was LYING ... to me thats a sackable offense. I spent most of my working life in companies where the customer CAME FIRST and woe betide an employee that caused the customer to think otherwise. we did not get home until the job was done. we were well paid but I once did 39 hrs with only smoke and coffee breaks. but I enjoyed it too.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2012 12:30:50 GMT
I have to agree,my guaranteed delivery,for which I sat at home waiting for,still hasn't arrived. DO SOMETHING AMAZON!!!

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 11:59:10 GMT
When a few days after ordering a product when i get that delivery card from yodel i despair. It is so difficult to either re arrange delivery or arrange pickup. They are difficult to get thought to make things up on the phone and when i used their online suite to arrange delivery they claimed to have on record of my request. They are a joke. If i saw a similar product elsewhere i would not by from Amazon just to avoid yodel.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 11:56:43 GMT
When a few days after ordering a product when i get that delivery card from yodel i despair. It is so difficult to either re arrange delivery or arrange pickup. They are difficult to get thought to make things up on the phone and when i used their online suite to arrange delivery they claimed to have on record of my request. They are a joke. If i saw a similar product elsewhere i would not by from Amazon just to avoid yodel.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 11:52:39 GMT
Guaranteed delivery 21st December, courier HDNL and "YODEL" website says delivery up to 21.00 >>> I stayed home all day but ! NOTHING arrived & no card explaining why...... next morning 09.30 still nothing so checked tracking on website it said DELIVERED ... >>>> WRONG ! ! .. I called number yodel website, which simply gave another number which was never answered, "saynoto 0870! which gave several other numbers but none ever answered by human.. So called Amazon and had difficulty understanding the non-English operator, who eventually promised to send new item EXPRESS for Xmas Eve, then later said NO she couldn't. Can't get response from local Yodel Depot. 25miles (local ?? ) Use Hermes their driver lives next-door Lol.. 11.30 got through to Yodel why say it takes 24 to 48 hrs to investigate not including Saturday & Sunday and today its Saturday. and Xmas day Tuesday, what a totally crap service

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2012 11:41:31 GMT
And their Twitter staff are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 08:45:00 GMT
SJ Mouse says:
I have waited in for four days this week in anticipation of deliveries from Yodel - one from Amazon/Sports Direct and two from Argos. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the phone to Yodel and the suppliers to try to expedite delivery. They make promises they do not keep. ie they lie. They claim to have attempted delivery but leave no card; they claim to have problems locating the address when they are in full possession of the address and postcode (my home is in an urban area 2 miles from Manchester Airport, hardly in an obscure rural loation). They claim to have received instructions from me for pick-up from their depot when so such instructions have been left. Their tracking systems are inaccurate. There is no communication with the customer. I will never again knowingly purchase something that has to be delivered by Yodel, and if that means not buying from Amazon, so be it; the company is a joke.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 08:29:35 GMT
told parcel is on its way and nothing told to wait in on 21st till 9pm waited in till 9pm and still nothing now it says on tracking its been delivered and it hasent now its to l8 explain it to my son that santa not coming till jan2013 sometime yodel waste of time the pits man???

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 08:13:40 GMT
Weekend before christmas, and another parcel lost courtesy of the Yodel/Amazon fiasco. I'm hoping someone will take the time to explain to my friends & family where there Christmas presents are Yes?

Yodel/HDNL are useless!

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 08:04:13 GMT
D. O'Neill says:
+1 No cards left, Yodel seem unable to deliver to you if you live in a flat. No problems with any other courier company. At least Amazon customer service were helpful and refunded the cost of the undelivered orders. Incredibly frustrating experience overall.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 08:04:02 GMT
Yodel blatantly lied about trying to deliver three times, and forced me to go 20 miles out of my way to collect it from the depot. Then they kept me waiting for an hour trying to find it. Ultimately they couldn't and said they would deliver if after 6pm. When I checked the delivery status that night found it had been sent back to the seller.

Absolutely diabolical company. If I find any company using Yodel in future I will cancel the order.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 04:23:33 GMT
I have subscribed to gourmet cat food on a monthly basis. It was dispatched 2 and a half weeks ago by Amazon via Yodel. I still have not received it and no card through the letterbox to prove that they even attempted to deliver it on Monday the 10th of December as stated on their website. It's now the 22nd of December and still no cat food! I've had to buy weekly supplies from the local supermarket or my cats would have starved long ago!... Yodel, what's the deal?!

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 22:22:29 GMT
I used to work for Yodel i have left for another company after not liking the way they work, basically the managers tell you not to come back with any parcels espcially amazon ones so you have to get rid of those. you get told to leave them any where, i got told if its on there property it there problem, Also if you cant be bothered to go to a house just say you have put a card through. Needless to say i work for a differant delivery firm now and they are run much better

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 21:08:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2012 14:37:02 GMT
Isambard says:
This is my third experience of Yodel - the first two experiences were of express delivery items arriving days late.

This time I ordered an item from a 3rd party seller, the item was dispatched through Collect+/Yodel, apparently they attempted delivery and left a card yesterday - except there is no card and I was in. Today according to Amazon and Yodel's online tracking the item was delivered at 23:11 yesterday - except it wasn't. I called Yodel at 9:38 this morning (and got through after about 20 minutes), they said it was at the Reading depot but because their systems aren't updated until 11:00 they couldn't tell me when it would be delivered, they took my mobile number and said they would call within two hours to let me know when to expect delivery.

I didn't receive a call so I called them at 13:42 (and again got through after about 20 minutes). They couldn't trace the delivery either through my tracking reference or postcode and so emailed the Reading depot to ask them to chase, they took my mobile number and told me to expect a call, they didn't call.

I emailed the seller, he called Collect+, apparently the agent noted that "what we [the public] see on the portal is not very accurate", they told him the item would be delivered within the next two days.

Why does the online tracking system indicate a delivery was attempted, and then delivered yesterday when it wasn't? Why do Amazon persist with Yodel, their service is utterly diabolical?

I'm more disappointed with Amazon for this lousy experience than Yodel. Yodel obviously have no consideration for their customers, they blatantly lie about delivery and don't handle the items they have been entrusted to deliver with care. This is an historic and persistent problem, the internet is alive with stories of Yodel's ineptitude.

Amazon are complicit, they must be aware of this but have chosen to ignore it - by implication they have little consideration for their customers too.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2012 20:01:48 GMT
bulldog says:
totally agree with you the worst company ive ever used

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 19:59:28 GMT
bob says:
Too many people are using the word rubbish to describe YODEL's non-delivery service. Diabolically inept and totally uncaring is more appropriate.

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 19:53:44 GMT
Nick Stevens says:
I already avoid companies that use Yodel. They are appalling - ttwo things in particular stick in my memory:

1. They have refused to hold a parcel in their depot, and insisted on another delivery attempt even when I told them I would definitely be out.
2. When I did go to collect it, their depot (near Vauxhall) was effectively hidden, with no number near the entrance, and a different companies name on the building! (I think they previously went under another name?)

Like Windscale / Selafield no one with a good reputation changes identity.

I only found the depot at all because O spotted a postman and asked him if he knew where it was!

I would not trust this company's staff to sit the right way round on a toilet.
A clueless waste of time and money.

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 18:00:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Dec 2012 18:01:50 GMT
clik says:

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 17:50:44 GMT
Mr Nice says:
I've experienced trouble with Yodel the one time I used them. Never again.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2012 17:40:11 GMT
Completely agree they are totally s***

Posted on 21 Dec 2012 17:38:47 GMT
Geoffree says:
Complete waste of time for everyone. Dump Yodel.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
hermes delivery is the worst ever 1801 1 minute ago
Tea? 5017 2 minutes ago
Just Chat and stuff like that 596 12 minutes ago
scottish independence yayyy or nehhhh 164 13 minutes ago
What annoys you? 2871 17 minutes ago
offical yodel complaints forum 1425 26 minutes ago
Best or worst job you've ever had? 143 1 hour ago
DPD Delivery service 4372 1 hour ago
can anyone understand the call centre people ? 23 1 hour ago
Fish Licensing 37 2 hours ago
British Television (The best in the world?) 61 3 hours ago
Baby bling 35 3 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  6631
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  2 Dec 2011
Latest post:  2 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 71 customers

Search Customer Discussions