Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

Amazon Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Apr 2012 07:06:11 BDT
When are we in the UK going to get the Amazon Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 17:05:48 BDT
eyremshaw says:
what is amazon fire?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 00:11:50 BDT
Yes when is the Amazon Fire be available in the UK?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 07:13:40 BDT
Fire is a cheaper and smaller tablet. Look on Amazon US web page for full details

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 10:07:53 BDT
I have seen it on the usa web page but do you know when it is available in UK?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 15:52:37 BDT
I have contacted Amazon UK and they replied there are no plans to introduce it to the UK.
It does make us feel 2nd class because it has been in the US at least 6-12 months

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 16:07:23 BDT
nice way to treat the Uk customers!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 16:22:59 BDT
Paula Brien says:
i totally agree with u, amazon uk wont deliver ebooks to ireland, the kindle fire looks amazing , so please amazon re think this .

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 20:13:30 BDT
I totally agree Derek would love to own one. Do you think the usa one would work here?
Paula Brien :- I love my kindle, love to read and this is fantastic. I wish you could get ths.
Wish Amazon would rethink this. Just think of the money they would make xx

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 07:12:39 BDT
I have heard that people have bought the Fire in US and used in NZ and Australia with no probs.
I think this is an Amazon plan to off load Kindles now largely obsolete in the US on us!

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 13:01:31 BDT
well another reason why amazon uk are just getting worse. then again if we did get it, it would be overpriced like the kindle was compared to america- think its $200 in america if it came here would expect it too be £250.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 13:27:24 BDT
£250 is cheaper than an I-Pad and I think the fire is a much better option

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2012 07:13:47 BDT
I think you're right but I guess that's life !! If its any consolation nearly ALL CANON camera lenses are, in the US, sold with a lens hood free. In the UK we have to pay around £30 min. for the same thing, plus of course the whole package is cheaper in the US.!!

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 22:13:06 BDT
Arabella says:
I think that the Kindle Fire uses a technology that is not available in the UK, hence why they have no plans to release it here. I used to be really annoyed as I was interested in it, but have seen a few reviews on it and have come to think that is a very underpowered "tablet" and is a very stripped version of Android. Amazon have made it very limited because that is how they wanted it to be like. Hardly a proper tablet really. Prices on tablets are really coming down at the moment and you can get something much better for just a little bit more. I've heard that Amazon have plans to make a better tablet and they just rushed the Fire out for the Christmas market. That may be a rumour but thats what i've heard.

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 23:00:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Apr 2012 23:04:58 BDT
I also think that it's unfair but I opted for a higher end tablet (The Motorola Xoom 2) because I needed that for school, etc and the Kindle Fire wouldn't have fulfilled my needs, but still, it's always good to have the option and the Kindle Fire's price is excellent! For those of you wanting something similar at the same price range consider the Lenovo A1 it's a good quality tablet but it's quite primitive. Whereas if you want something larger and more modern than the Kindle Fire check out the Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition (8.2"), it's smaller than the Xoom 2 and another great option, and its price is quite good! In spite of this I'd still recommend the Motorola Xoom 2 (10.1") because it's a very durable and all-round excellent tablet!
Hope this helped :)
Robert

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2012 10:36:30 BDT
whitebear says:
I read a while ago that it will be available end 2012. Not sure how accurate this is.

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 10:07:55 BDT
R. Woolmer says:
why bother bringing out a proper kindle tablet when they are raking it in with the rubbish one they are flogging now? when the fire becomes obsolete in usa then they might release it here to keep raking it in. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2012 13:28:09 BDT
Ain't that the truth. To put fuel on the 'Fire'
Amazon .co.uk don't pay any UK tax!!!!

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 16:05:20 BDT
Nurrie says:
Hah! We haven't even got the touch version yet (not for another 9 days), Amazon fire probably won't get here until Christmas or late next year...

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 23:27:34 BDT
sedov says:
Purchased In The USA $ 200 + 6 % Tax and the Fire is a little marvel - NO CLOUD NOR APPS ARE AVAILABLE in the UK due to the usual bureaucracy but well worth it when it arrives if your prepared to spend £250 !As a kindle Fire a beautiful screen resolution and a cracking piece of kit Available in the USA but Not in the UK as yet !!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2012 23:45:43 BDT
loriroberts says:
I ORDERED KINDLEFIRE BUT IT SAYS NO ORDER FOUND

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 03:00:09 BDT
I have every version of the Kindle plus and iPad. The Fire is a superb product that uses widely available wi-fi to connect. I suggest that you order one via a friend in the US - you will not be disappointed. You may need to set up a US Amazon account to order content but that is not a big problem.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 10:34:16 BDT
I have a Kindle Fire that was bought in the USA and am using it in Portugal. The tablet is great, although not as good as my wife's Samsung Tab, the wireless link is fine and I have no technical problems. Although I have a USA Amazon account, the US account will not work without a credit card registered in USA, which I don't have, so I cannot download additional apps from the Kindle source (even the free ones). I can, however, get apps from the Android store, so it's not an insurmountable problem. Overall, I like my Fire very much.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 17:38:11 BDT
neil says:
I checked new and there is no report of a fire at amazon warehouse?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Lord of waterdeep 1 1 minute ago
Christmas decorations - how soon is too soon? 8 5 minutes ago
What annoys you? 6484 10 minutes ago
Where have the booze offers gone for todays deals? 4 11 minutes ago
price promise{price match} 1 15 minutes ago
Free delivery gone for uk 133 27 minutes ago
Black Friday 231 29 minutes ago
Lightning deals 100% claimed before they even start!? 22 32 minutes ago
RUM 6 35 minutes ago
Favourite Songs? 654 36 minutes ago
Mysterious cities of gold. Sold out in 2 seconds!!!! 3 45 minutes ago
why gay rights movement 132 47 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  2 Apr 2012
Latest post:  19 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions