Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Mar 2012 14:11:07 BDT
Securityman says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 16:13:17 BDT
Douglas Watt says:
aye we ken that,,, but it's yodel not amazon folk are fed up with..

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 21:23:57 BDT
They get 'Lifestyle couriers' to deliver in their own private cars at around 50p per successful delivery.
Not a major surprise why the service is so crap when paying such an offensive amount to people who really don't give a toss if your parcel gets booted around or not

Posted on 4 May 2012 10:58:59 BDT
S. ROBINSON says:
But people don't complain everytime a delivery gets screwed up by Yodel.

This is the problem with statistics and your average person.

Posted on 4 May 2012 23:33:10 BDT
Mozza says:
Your data is wonky.

120 million people worldwide is not the amount that use Yodel.
2555 is only the people who can be bothered/know how to complain.

Posted on 5 May 2012 11:35:02 BDT
C. Welsh says:
I totally refuse to deal with Yodel now after a fiasco at Christmas, when i ended up saying enough was enough and telling the company i was dealing with through Amazon to recall my parcel and refund my money, i now just send for things which are small enough to be sent by post which is a shame because i would spend alot more money in Amazon if i could rely on getting my parcel after paying for delivery.

Posted on 6 May 2012 18:59:01 BDT
Turfmonkey says:
The private guys who deliver for Yodel in Northern Ireland really do a great job. I have had no problems. ( 4 times )

Posted on 6 May 2012 19:42:56 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 6 May 2012 19:47:13 BDT]

Posted on 6 May 2012 19:46:47 BDT
Old Hokum says:
Up to press, not had a problem with YODEL

Posted on 6 May 2012 20:20:25 BDT
Raph says:
I refuse to order any product if I know Yodel is involved. They are crap. Had to loose so much time only to get a parcel left unattended on doorstep with a missing piece, re taped. I send the item back and got a refund. useless and liars.

Posted on 18 May 2012 11:52:00 BDT
Blunose says:
I didn't realise that Amazon used these muppets until I ordered a large item recently. I've had previous experience with this shabby outfit and just knew something would go wrong - which it did. Initially they said that they had tried to deliver to my business address but they 'were kept waiting too long'. This is a complete lie as no Yodel courier attended the site or left a card. They then promised delivery the next day, again nothing happended. I'm cancelling my order today and will leave Amazon to recover the goods. Why do companies like Amazon perist in using these jokers, if we all cancelled our orders then I'm sure Amazon may do something (or maybe not).

Posted on 18 May 2012 13:07:10 BDT
Yodel had no problem, i think its certain areas have bad drivers. Can't tar them all with the same brush.

Posted on 18 May 2012 23:15:16 BDT
Gill Guest says:
I cannot fault YODEL. They deliveded my microwave yesterday 17.5.12 the box was completely intact. However on getting the microwave out of the box there was a large dent in it. Went throught the returns procedure and the damaged microwave was picked up today for return to Amazon. YODEL Good Service

Posted on 19 May 2012 11:24:53 BDT
Richard says:
I also used to say "what's the problem with Yodel" for a while. Then they started not delivering "signed for" packages and putting them off to the following day when I'm no longer in the house waiting for them to turn up, they put packages out in the open in pouring rain, not ringing the doorbell and thus leaving me to find a soaked box with water inside and several unusable books. That's what's wrong with Yodel. If you've had no problems with them, enjoy the honeymoon as I once did.

Posted on 19 May 2012 11:28:59 BDT
trish says:
Yodel. Never using again. Had a lot of trouble with them recently they had no respect for the item they dropped off. Box had been taped up due to damage in back of van. Sent it back and will not be using them again.

Posted on 19 May 2012 22:14:07 BDT
Placed an order with Amazon (for a VAX's) free delivery option - send by Yodel from Scotland to Yorkshire arrived in two days from order being placed - a good 10 days before the run out of time date.
FANTASTIC service all round to Amazon and Yodel
However it is not all that good, the Home Delivery Service last year chucked a fragile parcel over a 2m high gate (whilst away) and was found wet and soggy ! ! !

Posted on 19 May 2012 22:54:59 BDT
Some people are obviously lucky enough to have received their parcels intact or at all - lucky them. They apparently left a very expensive parcel in my porch although it was never found, no-one tried the doorbell or left a card. On chasing this up we were given the runaround and luckily Amazon are replacing the ordered items. Cheap or not, this is not a company that will create good publicity for a major company like Amazon. I too, will no longer be buying anything on Amazon if it involves delivery by Yodel. I do hope they take note of the complaints made, Amazon customer service bloke certainly showed no surprise at our complaint!!!!

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 16:47:49 BDT
wendy says:
yodel are a bunch of shady cowboys who could,nt run a bath let alone a business!

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 10:46:39 BDT
CRS says:
Yodel just don't deliver parcels when they say they did. Liars.
Apparently my parcel was delivered but I was in all day.
This isn't the first time. They're a joke.
DPD are far superior.

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 11:15:11 BDT
funkabooo says:
Yodel are utterly useless!! They claimed they delivered a parcel to me which I had not received (I was home all day). Even the tracking status on their website said delivered. But guess what? After a series of communications with customer service, they showed up with the parcel the following evening. It was with them all along!! Liars!!!

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 11:44:48 BDT
Dennis says:
I just found out my parcels are being delivered by Yo Del and there is noway they can get into my block of flats. why can't they just use royal mail. I think it's a ploy to get people to use Prime!. anyway lets see what happens.

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 13:52:52 BDT
DC says:
Yodel fine where I live.

UPS useless - failed to deliver an Amazon parcel from their warehouse in Germany (ordered from Amazon UK) even though it reached the van on time. I made a real fuss and a driver going home retrieved parcel and delivered it at 9pm.

Royal Mail only OK if it is a tracked package. A recent untracked parcel from Amazon was delayed by an extra two days.

Home Delivery Network arrived at my office too late in the day, but a day early. Somehow they then managed to return parcel to their central hub rather than redeliver next day.

It all seems to depend on the local depot!!

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 21:11:19 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 Jul 2012 21:26:53 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 19:36:18 BDT
Paul says:
I have to agree I also live in Northern Ireland and had a computer monitor and a keyboard costing about £150 delivered by Yodel, despatched on a Friday and delivered on the Monday in immaculate condition also the guy who delivered was very pleasant, thanks again Yodel :)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2013 17:00:24 BDT
King says:
I couldn't agree more. Just spent the last hour trying to contact Yodel. Their number has an automated voice which does not recognise my reference number and when I went online the same thing happened. So how am I expected to arrange a delivery when there is no way of contacting them!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Tea? 6829 23 minutes ago
What is a Troll? 78 36 minutes ago
Say something nice. 2076 1 hour ago
What annoys you? 7792 1 hour ago
Amazon slow at dispatching...? 1129 3 hours ago
EU, in or out? 91 5 hours ago
Phew what a scorcher 95 6 hours ago
third runway. 18 7 hours ago
Anyone for tennis 56 8 hours ago
Tell us a Joke 2 4738 18 hours ago
Looking for bargains ? 8 1 day ago
audible.co.uk 57 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  30 Mar 2012
Latest post:  30 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions