Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

yodel delivery

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 2804 posts in this discussion
Posted on 19 Apr 2014 18:28:58 BDT
An e-mail from Amazon said, "Your estimated delivery date is: Saturday, April 19, 2014."

The "Track your package" button returns the response, " In Transit : On Schedule. Expected delivery: Saturday, 19 April 2014."

So, on that information, I have waited in all day and there has been no sign of Yodel.

Going through Yodel's website, the message reads, "Current status: At service centre. Your parcel is currently expected to be delivered by: Tuesday, 22nd April 2014."

So where is the disconnect? Is Yodel's data not reaching Amazon? Is Amazon not updating and passing on Yodel's data? Or is the truth that a so-called logistics company failed to realise that there was a Bank Holiday coming up?

I shall have to wait in all day Tuesday now, wasting another day I could have put to more profitable use. What we need here is a box on a feedback form labelled, " -5 stars, total incompetence and apathy towards customer service."

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2014 15:50:36 BDT
Rosiebear says:
And should we call them parcelshops............? Doh!

Posted on 19 Apr 2014 14:06:42 BDT
Billy says:
Both Yodel and Citylink are now in the bottom 2 by a long way. Both have missed a great opportunity to win profitable contracts from royal mail and parcelforce. Unless you're sending stuff to newTOn AbbOtt obviously. Marcus you seem to have stopped using capitals...
Still paying your drivers peanuts and finding loop holes in the law I see.

Posted on 17 Apr 2014 16:36:42 BDT
I work shifts. So if a delivery is attempted in the morning. I will be either in bed after the night shift, or at work. Saturday mornings, invariably I have to do an admin run to pick up some item from a delivery office. Maybe in this day and age where the local pub trade are struggling. Instead of having all of the missed calls and attempts by the delivery companies. Local pubs could become a sort of network. Charge a small levy for signing for the package - you give their address for the delivery destination. The delivery is made easier. They give you a text when it has arrived, you go and pick it up after work and possibly also have a pint.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2014 16:10:11 BDT
You should know that Germany does not get put on a BFPO address. UK is used as it is still a British address. I'm guessing you're in Ramstein as there are no RAF camps in Germany.

Posted on 16 Apr 2014 22:40:50 BDT
naffed off says:
they have got to go they r wasters i now have unbilled usage because i have to talk to a bloody machine thats none compliant

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2014 22:38:54 BDT
naffed off says:
they have got to got these people are not funny trying to call them dont work they dont have anyone u can speak to except a machine which doesnt understand what ur saying or is just totaly defunkt theyr driving me nuts been in 2 days and still nothing :-(

Posted on 13 Apr 2014 22:46:05 BDT
Cant help to think after reading all these complaints how many people have actually done the job in question its very easy to criticise something you dont know anything about her is a good tip when ordering a parcel make sure somebody is home to recieve it this would allow the courier to deliver all parcels correctly ie more time hence rushing around hoping a neighbour will accept it people are there own worse enemies.

Posted on 13 Apr 2014 10:16:29 BDT
Having worked as a trunker driver for Yodel and seen how many miles we used to drive with empty trailers and sitting about waiting for change overs I don't see how they make any money, 2 of us ran from Gateshead to Rugby with empty to meet the Hatfield drivers to change trailers, to take them back to Gateshead, after waiting two and a half hours 2 more empty trailers turned up from the midlands depot to collect the trailers for Gateshead, but when they found we were taking them they went back empty to the midland, we then picked up the half empty Hatfield trailers, and gave them our empty ones, and returned to Gateshead with only 1/2 a load each, and this wasn't a one off, it happened all the time running around with empty trailers, how does that make money I wonder?

Posted on 13 Apr 2014 10:09:06 BDT
having worked for Yodel, and a lot of other parcel carriers, including Royal Mail/Parcel Force and seen the way your goods are "handled with care" I'm surprised you ever receive anything in one piece at all

Posted on 12 Apr 2014 19:59:25 BDT
nancy says:
The PITS and trying to contact them is even worse, an appalling company with shockingly bad service.

Posted on 12 Apr 2014 14:57:52 BDT
Can't say I have had a problem with Yodel - large package delivered on time and in perfect condition.
I wasn't in but they left it in greenhouse and put card through letterbox. They probably shouldn't have done this but I live in a rural area so very slim chance of theft.

Posted on 12 Apr 2014 00:49:03 BDT
Ivan Bradley says:
Never had much trouble with the Yodel drivers myself - they WILL leave stuff with neighbours without hassle and I've taken stuff in for neighbours myself, so full marks to them on that score there - unlike the tossers from Citylink who eventually turn up IF they feel like it, days after the one-day delivery is due then DON'T leave stuff - but today I had an LED lamp delivered by Yodel which was totally pulverisied inside its bubblewrap inside its cardboard inside its jiffy-bag. It must have been subjected to some serious welly.

The vendors are sorting out immediate replacement and I'm sure Yodel will come through fine.

I suspect that as far as this thread goes, it's not Yodel per se that is the problem but it's the Yodel-where-you-live, and this obviously varies greatly but if your particular Yodel crew are a bunch of neanderthal snorks then you're screwed. Maybe some disciplinary action by Yodel would solve this?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 21:40:26 BDT
Downsman says:
you shouldn't expect a reply. they are too busy reading complaints before they go home - at 4.00pm

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 17:42:53 BDT
Frank Smith says:
I could not agree more with Christine. I had a similar experience, only they went one better telling me the goods were in their warehouse. I confirmed with them I could collect from them and went there (a 2 hour round trip) On arrival I was told sorry the goods cannot be found. the driver was eventually contacted and he said it wasn't on his van either.I then had to wait 2 weeks before the goods were declared lost. Meanwhile I cancelled the order with the seller. Who have since dropped Yodel as their delivery agent. Amazon needs to do the same.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 17:34:52 BDT
Colin says:
" Neither Yodel or Amazon customer services were particularly concerned with this, but rather went through the motions." So did Amazon actually agree to do something? Or are you suggesting that they did nothing?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 17:19:38 BDT
Marcus Ward says:
that is very strange about amazon because when i have had parcels go missing when sent via royal mail, they have sorted the problem out and sent replacement items on next day signed for service.
never had any problems with yodel newton abbott, devon. as we have 2 great local drivers.

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 16:28:03 BDT
J. Findlay says:
According to Yodels tracking system, my parcel was delivered yesterday. I'm sure it was, but to where I'm not so certain because it definitely wasn't at my house. Not only was there no parcel when I got home from work, but no card either to say where the parcel was. Neither Yodel or Amazon customer services were particularly concerned with this, but rather went through the motions. That's the last of my dealings with both Yodel, and Amazon.

Posted on 8 Apr 2014 11:08:47 BDT
Ben maher says:
My package got 'delivered' to a 'stevens' - we didn't get an address and the card said it had gone back to the depot...magical. - my wife was then instructed to speak to amazon but amazon said it was yodel we needed to speak to, spoke to yodel who told her they would look into it and call her back - over a month passed and nothing, i spoke to them today and using a stern voice told them that no i wasn't going to speak to amazon again and they loused things up...im expecting a call today.....

Posted on 7 Apr 2014 21:23:32 BDT
Jean Given says:
I will never use them again, it took 3 weeks to arrive. TOTAL RUBBISH.

Posted on 7 Apr 2014 20:36:13 BDT
I must be very lucky , but my experience with Yodel is first class , they are the only carrier I can actually track right down on the day as the driver makes each delivery . I can honestly say I have never been let down and all my orders / deliveries have arrived on the day promised and a time slot is given early in the day so I can plan the rest of the day

Posted on 7 Apr 2014 18:43:49 BDT
gumbo says:
Have to say never had a problem with yodel always deliver on the date that has been said and nothing has ever been broken and I have ordered some very expensive items. Maybe I have just been lucky

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2014 11:41:59 BDT
Mr. W. Hardy says:
"I had a parcel delivered today all opened."

Same thing has happened to me with pretty much everything I've had delivered by Yodel, tape undone & staples out. Doesn't happen with other carriers.
I've had several things not arrive at all (once to an address that does not exist, but it had been signed for apparently), and it does make me wonder if the two things are connected.
I've completely stopped using a company that used Yodel a lot. Considering looking elsewhere now if Amazon persist in using them. Not that they'll care, of course.

Posted on 1 Apr 2014 18:14:32 BDT
Lazy fish says:
Yodel huh what a joke.
I will in future buy from companies who Do Not use Yodel.
I had a parcel delivered today all opened.
Heavy duty box with the large metal staples.
Yodel claim this could of happened in the van during delivery.
3rd Issue with Yodel in 2weeks.

Posted on 1 Apr 2014 13:50:48 BDT
MacTrish says:
Don't usually look at these but have skimmed a few pages and feel the need to contribute a, probably, unpopular note. I live out in the sticks, am registered disabled and buy many things from Amazon. I also take in Amazon deliveries for my daughters and next door neighbours so we have daily deliveries from a variety of couriers. They say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and from these posts some regions have some pretty weak links. We are blessed here (remotest Pembrokeshire) and have no complaints about any of them. The Yodel man is lovely and would go to a great deal of trouble to leave things safely for me if I wasn't in. He isn't allowed to do that any more as he has to have my signature before parting with an item. We also have an efficient and friendly service from DPD, CityLink and UPS. The only occasional problems we've had have been with Parcel Force. Perhaps it's the people who are blighted by poor couriers who are prompted to write about this whereas those for whom there's no issue just let things tick on without comment. I understand the anger of those who've been treated so shabbily by their Yodel drivers but I'd hate to see our lovely man tarred with the same brush.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 113 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
The Bible ....Fact or Fiction????? 763 3 minutes ago
What song do you want played at your funeral? 401 1 hour ago
What annoys you? 754 4 hours ago
Hermes parcel delivery - Utter incompetence and worse than anything Amazon ever used 697 4 hours ago
Lovefilm By Post 10 5 hours ago
Tell us a Joke 2 1409 5 hours ago
What pleases you? 55 5 hours ago
Tea? 4488 9 hours ago
toasters 3 10 hours ago
yodel delivery 2803 10 hours ago
Favorite slang words? 81 13 hours ago
Lovefilm User Ratings 1 14 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa35252d0)

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  1804
Total posts:  2804
Initial post:  9 Dec 2011
Latest post:  10 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 69 customers

Search Customer Discussions