Customer Discussions > dance discussion forum

What's grabbed your lug'oles this year.?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 Feb 2012 20:16:00 GMT
Mr. Bde Wall says:
Oh, and King Creosote & Jon Hopkins' 'Diamond Mine' was a really nice folk/downtempo electronica blend.

Posted on 30 Jan 2012 18:17:25 GMT
Mr. Bde Wall says:
For 2011, two of the 'Balance' collections were really good, Nick Warren's Balance 018 and Henry Saiz's Balance 019. Warren's is a smooth, swanky prog affair, whereas Saiz's mix is more experimental/retro sounding prog with a broader set of genre and style influences on show. Nick Warren also pieced together two superb downtempo mixes on the Soundgarden show, which are on his Soundcloud page.

For minimal & techno, Kompakt Total 12 was, overall, very good, and I thought Gui Boratto's III was also pretty good.

Umm, I quite liked Apparat's 'The Devil's Walk', which is very indie based electronica, and also Tycho's 'Dive' which is rather quite Boards of Canada-esque, in terms of some of the soundscapes created. It's not as diverse as a BoC album though.

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 00:25:39 GMT
nephran says:
Thems Lug-holes been thems grabbed by thems marks and spencers security guard when meses was giving thems mannequinns a right ol' reprimand for having thems angry clenched fists..."Out you go little ol' meses"..Tut...Tut...Tutses...

Initial post: 10 Nov 2011 15:40:35 GMT
Nugent Dirt says:
Not been a vinatge year for dance/electronica IMO but there've been a few gems, toppermost being

Looping state of mind - The Field
Trans love energies - Death in Vegas
Culture of fear - Thievery Corporation
Toomorrow - Wagon Christ
Yikes -London Elektricity
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  dance discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  10 Nov 2011
Latest post:  2 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions