Customer Discussions > country music discussion forum

Help! Trying to find a country album

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Apr 2010 22:16:10 BDT
My Mum had a country compilation LP when I was a child that she's subsequently lost. I'd love to find her a copy but haven't been able to find it and would appreciate any help anyone can offer!

All I remember is that the cover had a picture of a grey dappled rocking horse on it, and (I Beg Your Pardon) I Never Promised You a Rose Garden was on it!!!

If you know the album, or remember any more details, I'd be eternally grateful (as would my Mum, I'm sure!)

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2010 02:45:32 BDT
M. G. Price says:
try searching the allmusicguide.com website for the song,I Never Promised You a Rose Garden,then try searching for the artist Lynn Anderson I think she was the original singer of the song.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Aug 2010 06:55:43 BDT
doglove3 says:
If you can try to remember the record lable (colour design etc), or even some of the other songs or artists it would give an indication of which record company released it. I have a feeling this is a CBS released compiliation, Lyn Anderson being a CBS artist at the time of the hit. You could try phoning them in London to ask if the album has been re-released on cd.

Posted on 21 Aug 2010 02:01:37 BDT
There's a Lynn Anderson collection on Amazon titled "Rose Garden" for a coupla quid.

Title track was a big UK hit in 1971, and the song was actually written by Joe South - there's a very fine "Classic Masters" compilation of Joe's stuff on Capitol (2002) that features his own version of the song.

In fact, he made some brilliant records in that era, including Games People Play (a real classic), Walk A Mile In My Shoes, Down In The Boondocks, Hush (covered by early Deep Purple). You might call it country with some real soul - highly recommended.

Posted on 27 Aug 2010 22:41:07 BDT
Dave Peters says:
There's 'country' and 'country'. Try Freight Train by Alan Jackson, Classics by Patty Loveless and the 4CD set, These Days by Vince Gill which gives a cross-genre feel for all country styles. I'm also listening to Lady Antebellum and Little Big Town right now but favourite artist is Daryl Worley, followed closely by Joe Nichols. Take your pick but take your time to develop your taste.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2010 10:22:22 BDT
E. Mclaren says:
The album you are looking for is one of two it's either country friends or forever friends they where both released about the late seventies or early eighties on either the ronco or k-tel label there is a third album in the series the album picture is two kids with a grey rocking horse

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2010 15:18:36 BDT
Hi,Try LYNN ANDERSON CD Rose Garden - 24 Great Country Songs cd (Including Rose Garden) Amazonco.uk @£1.13 + £1.24 P&P.Bill

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2010 13:11:59 BDT
F. G. Pitt says:
I have a LP compilation issued in 1982 by Compilation records with two children dressed in bib and brace outfits sitting on a grey dappled rocking horse.On the back of the sleeve the same children are on a see-saw,but nowhere does it mention Tammy Wynette or Rose Garden.The LP is titled Best Friends.

Posted on 27 Oct 2010 13:27:13 BDT
F. G. Pitt says:
Sorry for the mistake the compilation record was issued by IMPRESSION RECORDS LTD.

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 20:55:54 GMT
M. Bowers says:
Looking for this song with PRETTY GIRL JANE EVEN THE SUNSHINE KNOWS YOUR NAME I believe this is a country and western song

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2010 19:33:35 GMT
Just wanted to say thank you for this post - I've been trying to find this but these details mean I can serarch on it now. Though not found it yet but can keep searching.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2010 19:34:08 GMT
Just wanted to say thank you for this post - I've been trying to find this but these details mean I can serarch on it now. Though not found it yet but can keep searching.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2010 18:52:29 GMT
M. Bowers says:
Thank you---- I first heard this song way back in the early 70s by a British country and western band by the name of Western Union from Liverpool but none of the members could recall who sang it.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2010 13:49:16 GMT
Paul Price says:
I've been trying to find this album for soo long!! My Dad had the same one was i was little. Could I ask you a huge favour?? Could you please give me the playlist? I would be unbeliveably greatful!! :) Thanks ever so much.

Posted on 27 Feb 2011 20:28:07 GMT
Cazza says:
I too have been looking for this album. Has anyone found it.

Posted on 27 Feb 2011 21:26:03 GMT
Don Juandre says:
Failing everything else, just look for a C&W compilation with "Rose Garden" on it! It seems to be the song you remember best - and if it's not the same album, it should be in the same ball-park; you might just discover some new treasures! Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2011 20:50:47 BDT
D. E. Cruse says:
try FRIENDS or FRIENDS AGAIN

Posted on 17 Oct 2011 16:10:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Oct 2011 16:18:55 BDT
GeeBee says:
Did anyone find a place to order this album? I've been looking for it for ages!

EDIT: I've found 'Still Friends' and 'Friends Again', they are on the link below:

http://treesureisland.co.uk/cgi-bin//sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2ftreesureisland%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fCompilations%2ehtml&WD=friends&PN=Compilations%2ehtml%23aCWXX0155#aCWXX0155

BUT I need the FIRST album, I think it was just called friends - It had Rose Garden on it. Anyone got any links/info?

Posted on 14 Nov 2011 16:01:18 GMT
G. Dunton says:
It's called Friends and was issued on "Tellydisc".I have it on cassette.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2011 16:18:34 GMT
GeeBee says:
Eventually I was lucky enough to find someone selling the correct album on ebay :)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2011 21:00:57 GMT
Thank you sooo much - I've just found a copy on ebay. This will make my mums xmas!
If anyone else is looking - there's another one, and a few copies of Best Friends on there at the moment too

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2012 21:03:10 BDT
Hey i have a copy of this LP if its any good to you, i would gladly sell it on, as was in my dads collection when he pasted

Posted on 6 Jan 2013 10:25:08 GMT
Kirstylizz says:
Hi, the album also had 57 Cheverolet, silver threads and golden needles, snow bird, blanket on the ground and other songs on it. It was ace! Does anyone know if its available on Cd?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2013 10:26:04 GMT
Kirstylizz says:
Hi, can you email me? Kirstylizz@yahoo.co.uk I may be interested. Thanks.

Posted on 14 Jan 2013 23:28:23 GMT
S. R. Tulip says:
If you're trying ti find a country album, you may be beyond help.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  3 Apr 2010
Latest post:  27 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions