Customer Discussions > country music discussion forum

Online Petition To Bring Back CMT (Country Music Television).

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 212 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2009 17:09:04 BDT
Mr. M. Brown says:
If you remember '3C' that broadcast on 'Freeview' a few years back, well the main guys Pat

Posted on 19 May 2009 16:49:56 BDT
Lena says:
CMT must be brought back. I am finding it so hard to live without it.

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 14:28:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2009 14:30:58 BDT
bring back cmt europe,i miss it.

Posted on 14 Jun 2009 14:30:42 BDT
Nice One
bring back country to the uk

Posted on 17 Jun 2009 21:56:19 BDT
angel-01 says:
i used to watch CMT most nights and enjoyed the programme a lot, and then SKY took it off, when i rang them about it they told me they would put it back on for an extra £5 per month i reluctantly agreed to this, however it was on but none of the acts could be seen only the music, at this i complained to SKY and told them if i just wanted to listen to music i could put on a CD, I then cancelled my subscription. M.Hamilton. N. Ireland

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2009 13:26:49 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Not going so well is it folks - 36 respondents in 8 or 9 months. Good Lord you could have sired a child in the same time!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2009 22:57:37 BDT
You'd be very disappointed. Saw it when I was in Nashville last week. Don;t think they do more than 3 hours country music videos each day now. Late night its a shopping channel and they have allsorts of stuff during the day- home improvements - comedy shows = sports programmes etc..
If you have Sky have a look at Rural TV on Channel 279

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2009 10:38:38 BDT
DJW13 says:
I remember CMT Europe with affection, but fear that CMT is no longer like that. I was in Canada recently and was able to watch CMT Canada - what a disappointment! It has gone down the route of MTV, VH1 etc as it was showing very little country music - just comedy shows etc.

Posted on 30 Jun 2009 12:29:31 BDT
H. Smith says:
GAC (Great American Country) is a much better channel than CMT.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2009 19:49:49 BDT
hypergod says:
Is it available over here though, HS? Not much use to us knowing there's a great Country Music channel on American TV, is it?
Love.

Posted on 9 Jul 2009 13:11:13 BDT
Country is the forgotten music on TV lets have it back.

Posted on 14 Jul 2009 22:33:05 BDT
A. Foss says:
Just a personal opinion here guys & before I`m swamped with bitter & over the top sad & emotional [eg Country music?] mails, 16 Tons IS one of my all-time fav songs because it actually means something real to me & always has done since I started work.
As for C&W on the whole, you can surely only have so many songs about wives leaving husbands, or standing by them, & crops failing & so many tears & sadness, must be bad for y`all?
Good luck in all your efforts though & "keep smiling" - there are worse things happening. Andy

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2009 10:27:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jul 2009 13:53:43 BDT
hypergod says:
Were this so, one would say "You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs" along with Macca and suggest that the same subject matter arises just as frequently in Pop, Rock, etc! In answer to your second point, that it must be "bad for y'all" to listen to so many sad songs, I have an country album by Doug Stone that contains a song with the lyrics "They ought to put warning labels on those sad country songs/ 'Harmful To Your Heart' if you're left all alone/ if you're drinking, you'll start thinking of a love that's gone wrong....... "
Love.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2009 16:36:05 BDT
you forgot tom russell the best ot them all in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2009 21:46:59 BDT
ugly betty says:
I could'nt agree more, my wife and i love country and the CMT channel was a favourite. Went to Americana festival at Newark Notts lots of good english country artists. Brilliant day out. Worth a visit on every July.

Posted on 28 Jul 2009 21:28:24 BDT
John Murray says:
been in touch with cmt and they say they have no plans to bring it back to the uk due to lack of money and would you believe they said the viewing figures had dropped to a degree it was no longer an option.

Posted on 28 Jul 2009 21:33:24 BDT
John Murray says:
had a look at GAC. not bad but can't put on constant play. no downloads either.
looking for a decent site to download country music video's. help!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Aug 2009 23:45:59 BDT
Hey I'm a country fan so I'm with you on this petition.
Catherine

Posted on 26 Aug 2009 21:27:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Aug 2009 21:27:35 BDT
D. Harris says:
I used to love CMT, beat MTV anyday of the week.

I'm a rock/metal listener foremost, but thanks to CMT there are also Trisha Yearwood, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Little Texas and Dar Williams albums in my collection.

Would love to see it return.

Petition Signed.

Posted on 5 Sep 2009 23:09:00 BDT
J. Gillespie says:
Please no, not all those clichés in stupid cowboy hats. I do like Alison Krauss though.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2009 21:09:15 BDT
catfishKev says:
hi just adding my name to your petition

Posted on 25 Oct 2009 12:57:30 GMT
A. Hansen says:
For lovers of the music of 1960-2000 watch the Rural channel.Some great shows on there.

Posted on 2 Nov 2009 19:29:01 GMT
Little Joe says:
Best Country Hits of Today
It was a sad day when CMT disappeared from our Television screens. I am currently a customer with Virginmedia cable television provider, and the number of channels that are dedicated to all types of other music numbers in the dozens, yet Virginmedia has deemed it not apropriate to bring back CMT. This is nothing short of discrimination against people that like to listen to country music. After all we have the same rights as other music lovers to choose the type of music that is pleasing to our ears. Therefore, I urge everyone to lobby in the strongest possible way to urge the people to bring CMT back to our shores.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2009 19:17:35 GMT
Essex Earl says:
As long as we get it in SCOTLAND then bring it on

Posted on 4 Nov 2009 18:16:55 GMT
Tansycat says:
Check out Rural Tv on Sky channel 279. They have a lot of country music both old and new.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the country music discussion forum (44 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  121
Total posts:  212
Initial post:  7 Oct 2008
Latest post:  27 Apr 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions